Page 148 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inescapable [A Canadian Telefilm production]
    Release Year - 2012
    Written & Directed by Ruba Nadda (Candian (F) Film maker)

Starring : Alexander Siddig, Marisa Tomei, Oshua Jackson & Others

There are so many negative reviews floating around this film amoung the few people who have watched it. I enjoyed this movie especially the integration of Drama and Thriller into one. Eventhough the Plot is similar to Taken and keeping in mind the production/cast/Banner value of Taken, Inescapable is a good work which deserves a mark.

Adib is a computer guy working in Canada, quite normal with with his wife and 2 daughters. He learns that his elder daughter goes missing in Syria, but he was not even aware that she is been to Syria. For him she is somewhere else taking photographs. He makes some quick calls and lands up mysteriously in Damascus where he is invited by Fathima. They know each other. Who are they ? Who is Abid ? Is his daughter going missing is a coincidence or was she kidnapped for his past ? The answers to these questions are relevied little by little as Abid advances in the search of his daughter.

Firstly its a intense drama (less or no action atall - depends on how you define action), interesting and fast paced. Eventhough predictable at many places, when the true plot is releived, it comes as a surprise - but there are no twists. Its all about how you play each other with an information and how it could be effieciently used to escape any fatal suituations.

The problem I had with the movie is the accent. After about 20 minutes, I started watching it with Subtitles In English. It helped. Actors were good, but the accent took away the depth in their play.

Inescapable - a jewel from Canada.
    Last edited by mappi; 22nd February 2013 at 12:38 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi,

speaking about french movies, i need to mention "intouchables" here ... watched few months back ... excellent, no other words !

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intouchables : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
    - true story of 2 people living today (a quadriplegic (paralysed) author and his aide)
    - For cinema, the real characters were modifed to - a richman and his aide
    - 2nd most sucessful film in current french cinema
    - Omar Sy won golden globe + ceasar under best actor category for the role as the aide
    - Chris Tucker is rumoured to play the aide in the hollywood remake
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone seen Haridas? Nalla padam solraanga, do we have a thread?
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    koli koovuthu 2013- Not a bad movie.........watchable. Same old tale of poor hero-rich heroine...

Post Thanks / Like
    dina
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    dhina thandhi have also priased the movie a lot.. its releasing today.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Haridas is a do-or-die film for me: Kumaravelan

Director GNR Kumaravelan has already received the best compliment he can ever get for his upcoming film, Haridas. His father, veteran director GN Rangarajan, was speechless when he saw the film.
    Recalling the moment, GNR says, "My dad is my first critic. He had pin-pointed several flaws in my earlier ventures. But when he saw this film at a private screening, he became emotional. He called my sister and told her that his son has succeeded. When my sister told me his comments, I knew I would never receive another compliment as genuine as this."
    Starring Kishore, Sneha and master Prithviraj in the lead, the film's being produced Dr V Ramadoss under Dr V Ram Productions Pvt Ltd banner. GNR has written the script, and has penned the dialogues along with Venkatesan.
    "The story is about the relationship between a father and his autistic son. I was inspired by the story of a young boy I know personally and was touched by the relationship he shares with his parents. They do not sympathise with him; instead, they motivate him to take up challenges and lead a normal life."
    Talking about his actors, GNR says, "I had fixed Kishore and Sneha for the lead roles right from the beginning because they are seasoned artists. I had an excellent team — Vijay Antony, Randy, Raja Mohammad, and encouraging producers who believed in my script, and stood by me. Haridas is a do-ordie film for me, and I think I've done it this time!"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    dina

dhina thandhi have also priased the movie a lot.. its releasing today.......
    dhina thandhi will praise all films.. don't take their reviews seriously

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    very sumaar movie..didnt have the patience to wait till the climax, left the hall before the climax tuwist iruntha, pm pannuga anyone nannseense sify
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good film !!!

Not suitable if you are looking for some time pass entertainment.....
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 23rd February 2013 at 04:47 PM.