Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Vishwaroopam 2 - UalagaNaayagan to Rock in India!

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    administrator..why this kolaveri?? im demoted to junior hubber from senior hubber and my number of posts reduced from 400 plus to mere 34

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dell_gt View Post
    Vishwaroopam is prolific in its 4th weekend
    Feb 20, 2013

Vishwaroopam is in its 4th week in overseas markets like the US and UK and it is still setting the cash registers ringing. In the UK, till date the movie has grossed 2.49 crores and it is still running in 11 screens there. In the US, the movie has amassed a huge 5.57 crores till date, which works out to more than 1 million USD. 11 screens are again still showing the movie in the States.

The Telugu version of Vishwaroopam has also collected more than 1 crore (1.08 crores exactly) in the US and 6 screens are still running the movie.

Kamal Haasan must be mighty pleased with the performance of his magnum-opus.

Spectacular ... Thanks dell_gt! Watched S2 last night and the comedy scene featuring VR transformation scene certainly made me sit up nth time !!

Wonder if anybody has details of box office performance in Chennai/India/Malasia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Spectacular ... Thanks dell_gt! Watched S2 last night and the comedy scene featuring VR transformation scene certainly made me sit up nth time !!

Wonder if anybody has details of box office performance in Chennai/India/Malasia.
    ... Probably 2nd biggest tamil movie grosser in US after endiran ... seriyana adi!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    ... Probably 2nd biggest tamil movie grosser in US after endiran ... seriyana adi!
    How do you say that? You have the no.s for both 1st and 2nd?

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    administrator..why this kolaveri?? im demoted to junior hubber from senior hubber and my number of posts reduced from 400 plus to mere 34
    May be only 34 out of your 400+ posts have been deemed useful. Just Kidding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharav View Post
    How do you say that? You have the no.s for both 1st and 2nd?
    Sorry, I don't have the exact numbers ... reason I had 'probably' in there. From whatever I've seen and gathered, tfilms to cross 1 mill USD barrier are endiran (1.3 ?), viswaroopam(>1m) and shivaji (??). Other hits have fallen short of the 1mill mark. Hoping fellow hubbers help out here ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's UK (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversea...of_Tamil_films) posted in BoxOffice collections thread:

Top 3 Highest grossing films in UK

Rank Film Year released Distributor Gross
    1 Enthiran 2010 Sun Pictures £ 1,015,966[10]
    2 Sivaji 2007 AVM Productions £ 689,119[11]
    3 Vishwaroopam 2013 Raaj Kamal Films International £ 512,705 [12]

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as US, There were authentic info that no of persons who watched VR was surely higher than Enthiran. And Enthiran was priced too high. So its understandable that VR broke Enthiran records by headcount, for sure!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The remaining portions of the shooting of VR-2 will be completed within this month.. After that the team will be working on the Teaser / trailer, Most probably we can expect the teaser in the 2nd week of September!!
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    As far as US, There were authentic info that no of persons who watched VR was surely higher than Enthiran. And Enthiran was priced too high. So its understandable that VR broke Enthiran records by headcount, for sure!
    Yes. As I am based off US, I remember tix for Enthiran were in 20-25 USD range in 2010 opening weekend. Vishwaroop tix were standard $15 (MMA was the same too.) So it's no wonder the numbers for Robo are on the higher end.

Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast