Another cast iron and stainless steel lover here!
I have 4 cast iron skillets of various sizes, one tava, and one wok. All my cast iron cookwares are very well seasoned except one skillet which needs some more seasoning. I am working on it.
The weight of cast iron pans has never bothered me. I wash them as soon as I finish cooking while it is still warm. I use a plastic scrubber with warm water to clean the surface. I don’t use soap, but if I have to use soap I will give a quick clean with mild soap. Soap will spoil the seasoning so you may need to season the pan again. Deep frying something is one way to re-season them. Also after you wash a cast iron pan, wipe it dry with a cloth or paper towel otherwise they will rust.
Taking care of cast iron seems to be a tedious job, but once when you get the hang of it its all very easy.
All my other pots and pans are stainless steel with a heavy bottom. By big stainless steel frying pan is heavier than my cast iron pans!! because it has a very heavy bottom.
You can cook rasam in stainless steel. But when you cook something that has tomato, tamarind etc. in it, transfer it to a glass storage container or corningware as soon as you finish cooking.
I got rid of my only one nonstick pan last year. I haven’t used it a lot, but if it hangs there I will have the tendency to use it once in a while. I am happy that I don’t have it anymore.