• Thambikku entha ooru - Balu

1 0.88%
  • Thillu Mullu - AAK Indhiran/Chandhiran

12 10.53%
Page 32 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Scenes/Songs from THALAIVAR Rajini films #3

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The famous interview scene from “ Thillu Mullu”. Right from the moment when Rajini taps the door and enters the room and until he walks out, the whole scene is filled with intelligent humour and great performances from the two stalwarts.

Particularly, towards the end of the scene, Thengai asks, “ sarippa, unakku edhavadhu recommendation irukka ? “. Now Rajini, posing as if he is seriously offended and with all that false anger, shoots back at him saying (not verbatim), “ En thiramaikkum thagudhikkum illadha vela, enga appavoda nall perukku illadha vela, yaro oru moonavadhu manushanoda recommendation-la kedaikkudunna, andha velaye enakku venam saar “, and gets up to walk out. Now, Thengai says, “ Nillupa, enna unakku aan oona, Nehru madhiri posukku posukkunu kovam varudhu…”.

Another one. Rajini says something like, “…….uppu sathyagrahathukku inge irundhu nadandhe ponare oru magaan, avaru yaru theriyuma sir ?

Theriyadhu pa

Appo avarudhan sir enga appa (watch his expression now !)

I completely enjoyed those moments. It looked to me like, he doesn’t have to try too hard to bring out comedy. But, on the other hand, he was so natural and comfortable in those scenes. His countenance also possessed certain attractive qualities which largely supported those funny scenes. As always, his eyes and voice are a great advantage for him.

Ninaithaley Inikkum is another of his earlier films noted for comedy. And even films like Mullum Malarum, Johny & Aval Appadithan also had some lighter moments. He would look very cool with those “ moonu pattai” on his fore head and holding a glass of whisky & cigarette, in Aval appadithan.

One of the reasons for his success, I believe is that, right from the beginning he chose to do roles that had an opportunity to give a balanced performance. Jovial and funny in the first half – serious and action oriented in the second half and at times, both these qualities going together throughout the film.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some great stills (screen captures actually) from thalaivar's best - muLLum malarum

http://www.rajinifans.com/detailview.php?title=1245

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08
    The famous interview scene from “ Thillu Mullu”. Right from the moment when Rajini taps the door and enters the room and until he walks out, the whole scene is filled with intelligent humour and great performances from the two stalwarts.

Particularly, towards the end of the scene, Thengai asks, “ sarippa, unakku edhavadhu recommendation irukka ? “. Now Rajini, posing as if he is seriously offended and with all that false anger, shoots back at him saying (not verbatim), “ En thiramaikkum thagudhikkum illadha vela, enga appavoda nall perukku illadha vela, yaro oru moonavadhu manushanoda recommendation-la kedaikkudunna, andha velaye enakku venam saar “, and gets up to walk out. Now, Thengai says, “ Nillupa, enna unakku aan oona, Nehru madhiri posukku posukkunu kovam varudhu…”.

Another one. Rajini says something like, “…….uppu sathyagrahathukku inge irundhu nadandhe ponare oru magaan, avaru yaru theriyuma sir ?

Theriyadhu pa

I completely enjoyed those moments. It looked to me like, he doesn’t have to try too hard to bring out comedy. But, on the other hand, he was so natural and comfortable in those scenes. His countenance also possessed certain attractive qualities which largely supported those funny scenes. As always, his eyes and voice are a great advantage for him.

Ninaithaley Inikkum is another of his earlier films noted for comedy. And even films like Mullum Malarum, Johny & Aval Appadithan also had some lighter moments. He would look very cool with those “ moonu pattai” on his fore head and holding a glass of whisky & cigarette, in Aval appadithan.

One of the reasons for his success, I believe is that, right from the beginning he chose to do roles that had an opportunity to give a balanced performance. Jovial and funny in the first half – serious and action oriented in the second half and at times, both these qualities going together throughout the film.
    for me the scenes he shares with Nagesh and Poornam are simply awesome - Some expressions he uses in these scenes are unmistakably the same ones Kamal uses for 'Raju' in Michael Madhana Kama Rajan and the original guy who used them is none other than Nagesh in Thiruvilayaadal. I donno how much of it is forced by KB or how much of it was unconsciously imbibed from the great Nagesh by these two legends involuntarily.
    Watch out for the way he asks 'yaen yaen yaen' with shoe in his hand to poornam. Rajini is like a chemical element that always waits for a catalyst. When great performers join him, he simply explodes on the screen and the reverse is also true - some of the most lack lustre Rajini moments are when he finds himself trapped by mediocre performers. One reason why the rejuvenated Rajini always demands to have a powerful villain on screen and one reason why Baba did not click as much as he would have wanted it to. Another reason for Kamal's success as a good actor is his unrelenting need to surround himself with talented actors like Nasser in almost every next film of his. Rajini has been going out of his way to bring Raghuvaran into every other film of his. With no Raghuvaran around him, Rajini needs an extra powerful menacing bad guy to bring the best out of him, going forward.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Rajini needs an extra powerful menacing bad guy to bring the best out of him, going forward.
    Good catch, jg!

Being a smart artist, after the not-so-good show of Baba, he himself decided to become the "powerful, menacing bad guy" in CM And it did the trick, as the illusory villainic king was the top usp of that movie (with no other villain).

Also, in Shivaji, the mottai MGR ("p-m-b-guy") had more applause than all other scenes.

I think he is planning the same trick in enthiran (with his robotic version as the "p-m-b-guy").

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mottai Boss was simply awesome.
    Had seen the leaked stills of Mottai boss in internet, yet nothing prepared for the zanny shock I got when I saw it in the big screen. It was real cool stuff - a pure pulp experience.
    Long back I had remarked on the parking lot of Sathyam theatre after coming out of Matrix, Lawrence Fishburne looks certainly cool in the long leather coat and bald plate and the cools he sported, yet one man who can do better was Rajini and I thanked my stars when that dream came true in 2007 thanks to mottai boss. pala pakkangal ezudhalaam en chella mottayai paththi. Kamal did one mottai in aalavandhaan - but he needs to do one cool mottai like Mottai boss in a masala movie, just let go and awe the folks in the theatre.
    The only other mottai( bald plate) that impressed me to the core was that of the man in my avatar in 'Untouchables' that opening shot of him getting shaved is worth a million bucks. Now if Rajini plays that kinda role (Al Capone) in an Indian movie will it be a sensation of epic proportions or what?
    Sadly with Rajini - all of these are just these.. fans and cine lovers imagining 'what - ifs' for Rajini and Kamal - Some on has to gently kick their back side and say ' Go do your stuff guys - you were born to act and act much much better'.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    nice ideas & thoughts beautifully articulated there, jaiganes.

i too love that scene where Poornam, literally " terrorises " Rajini with a " Toyota car-a illa sundu virala ? ". Rajini's expressions would be awesome !

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Theriyadhu pa

vadakOdi kandiyilE uppu sathyAgrahamnu sonna udanE
    thenkOdi thoothukudiyilE chatti pAnaiya eduthukitu samUdhirathai nOkki nadandhArE oru magAn

This movie is different from this aspect.. we had two Rajinis one is as strict as Nehru and Thengai (all three with kadhar aadai) and the other Rajini without a mustache with a easy go lucky character.. Whatever Chandran wanted to do, we have Indiran doing .. Remember the entry into the house of Thengai by Indu when he says "nee ippa Chandranilla da Indiran. un velaiya kaatu" this one dialogue has announced the entry of the jovial yet gethu Rajini we all know.

Screenplay, dialogues by Visu .. as JG said, with Visu & KB by side, Rajini has given a wonderful entertainer in the name of thillu mullu.. Even a soga kaatchi in the movie where Chandran is anbu tortured by Madhavi, Chandran delivers "inimay sethaalum kalyaanam aagadha ponna kaadhalika koodadhu " .. He says that in agony, but this dialogue shows Visu's touch. Oru mudivoda thaan padam eduthirukaayinga !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    tHILLUMULLU THILLUMULLU ULAMALAM ???

AWSOME movie

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madhavi in Thillu mullu :P

wat a beauty huh :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Another fantastic scene from Johny.

After a small mis-understanding, Sridevi harshly says a few words at Rajini and later cools down.

Now, Rajini says, " ppa, konja nerathula pada padannu ennannamo pesiteenga... "

Sridevi, " appadithan pesuven " (in a " konjufy " tone )

Rajini innocently asks, " yen, yen, yen.."

Lovely scene.