Page 38 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: KATHTHI aka Kathiresan - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA | ANIRUDH - PART 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Today's Paper Ad!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1 :
    #Kaththi 2 weeks [16 days] UK Box-Office £327,000 [₹3.21 Cr]!! Extended to week 3!!

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chathriyan View Post
    I watched Nanban & Kaththi with full of family audience & kids. To be honest I did not like it too for the first view but later I started to like it as it is something different and it does evoke laughter, but mainly i would like to point out kids loved it and my wife and cousin sisters who r neutral had no complaints either. So bang on target. This is why Vijay is kid's first choice.
    fair enough...
    i think people around & above 30's (mostly guys) will feel like how you felt first..
    thats the reason this discussion started here

Quote Originally Posted by Chathriyan View Post
    Note: Rajni - when it comes to comedy he changed his style from mid/late 80s like Raja Chinna Roja/Pandian/Ulaippali/Muthu etc and it looks like over the top performance and odd but later it was accepted as his movies became hits and loved by kids. But even today when I watch his some comedy scenes just feel weird.
    same for the video i shared..

Post Thanks / Like
    Kaththi has grossed Rs.17,79,160 in PVR cinema chennai for october 24-31. http://www.glintcinemas.com/2014/11/...ollection.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Box Office: Why 355 Crore Grosser 'Happy New Year' Isn't Big as 110-crore Grosser 'Kaththi'!

The Indian film industry has witnessed two big hit movies this Diwali, Shah Rukh Khan's "Happy New Year" and Vijay's "Kaththi", which have ruled the box office.

While the Hindi movie is inching towards the 355 crore mark, the Kollywood movie is heading towards grossing 110 crores worldwide.
    The success of both "Happy New Year" and "Kaththi" has made people measure the success considering a few factors and leaving aside the total collection made by the films till date.
    On closely looking at the markets and the collections, one would easily declare that it is 110 crore grosser "Kaththi", which is a bigger hit than 355 crore grosser "Happy New Year" at the box office.
    The first and foremost reason is the fact that Bollywood has a global market comprising South Asian nations, the US, the UK, Australia and France. It gets released in African countries too. Even then, "Happy New Year" is reaching 355 crore mark worldwide and is struggling to reach 200 crore in India.
    On the other end, apart from South Indian states, Tamil films do well only in Malaysia, Singapore, the UK and the US. On an average, an A-list Bollywood actor's movie contributes 45% of collection from the overseas. But for Kollywood, it is only 25%.
    One has to note that the market of Bollywood has now expanded to 500 crore by Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3", which made 355 crore in India alone. Going by this factor, the success of "Happy New Year" is far lesser than the Bollywood standards. Whereas, in the history of Kollywood, only four movies have crossed 100 crore mark and "Kaththi" is one among them.
    For Kollywood, Rajinikanth's "Enthiran" remains the highest grossing movie with 150 crore for the Tamil version and the success of "Kaththi" is no less than a big achievement.
    Huge Promotions
    If the above reasons do not justify the argument, "Happy New Year" was promoted in every nook and corner of India and the world. But "Kaththi" had low-key promotions.
    Apart from a few press meets, Vijay's film unit was not seen anywhere. Though Shah Rukh's efforts were higher, the returns are lesser. But for Vijay, it is a little effort and best results.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/box-office-...kaththi-613414

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Gounderism at its Peak! ARM's style of replying. Paapa thalli poi vizhayadu !

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was in bad taste,ARM. Either you should've come in public and defended yourself or be silent and believe in the judiciary. Memes and trolls will only pull you down to the level of someone like Premji.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Kaththi occupancy tomorrow at Maris,Tiruchy!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    That was in bad taste,ARM. Either you should've come in public and defended yourself or be silent and believe in the judiciary. Memes and trolls will only pull you down to the level of someone like Premji.
    What was that? Can you put it here?
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Page 38 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast