Topic started by kumar (@ 184.108.40.206) on Mon Oct 14 02:54:49 .
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
You might have seen Radhika's comment yesyerday.
She says Tamil means Dr.M.K. Is it so? Who comes to your mind when you say TAMIL. To me it is Arignar Anna, Thiru.Vi.Ka, Bharathiyar and Valluvar.Your choices please!
- From: LLDasu (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Mon Oct 14 03:27:05
It's ridiculous. Karunanidhi is much more famous for
2) Family based Politics
4) Culprit for the Cauvery Issue(one who Vapazed the writ against Karnataka when they constructed Dams in 1974 in return to vapazination of Zarkaria Commission)
5) He utilizes 'Tamil' well, uses double meaning so well that the people even forgot the issues and end with the laughter. He doesn't serve to Tamil at all. he made Tamil to server to his double-standare activities.
6) Culprit for anti-hindi activities
7)Began the low level politics
^ He is a hardworking guy who came high with his speeches and scripts
For me, when I think of Tamil
1) my beloved Amma , who taught me Tamil first
2) my Onnappu Teacher who taught me the Tamil scripts
3) Great Valuvar, one of the few Tamils whom you can be proud of.
- From: Karikalen (@ webcacheb03a.cache.pol.co.uk)
on: Mon Oct 14 20:31:54
I do not agree that Tamil means MK.
However one cannot deny the fact that MK has been one of the best modern speakers of the language.A powerful orator with a fantastic sense of humour.His timing and delivery is superb.He is a rare commodity in the art of public speaking.
His dialogues in the language transformed the film industry.Until the 50s cineama was not the mainstream entertainment in TNadu.After Parasakthi this changed.MK was the main reason for this shift.His dialogues and its power created a fervour with the public that was responsible for the making of yesteryear superstars like MGR and Sivaji.
I do wish to comment on politics as the question is on Tamil,the language.
- From: Karikalen (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Tue Oct 15 13:36:56
I do not wish to comment, it should read
Tell your friend about this topic
Want to post a response?
Back to the Forum