Tamil Word for Brown
Topic started by Rama (@ 66-147-136-50.focaldata.net) on Thu Jan 15 10:37:18 EST 2004.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Can anyone tell me what is the tamil word for the colour "brown". Thanks
- From: ... (@ 117-28.dialup.ucalgary.ca)
on: Thu Jan 15 11:53:55 EST 2004
- From: Kalai Mahal (@ hse-kitchener-ppp115082.sympatico.ca)
on: Thu Jan 22 16:29:16 EST 2004
I've heard tamil people say Manniram (the color of sand) to indicate brown
- From: Raj (@ 206-97-63-26.ip.theriver.com)
on: Thu Jan 22 20:29:16 EST 2004
sempattai is the word used for brown color.
- From: quake (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri Jan 23 07:33:13 EST 2004
- From: interested (@ hse-toronto-ppp304870.sympatico.ca)
on: Tue Feb 10 15:09:47 EST 2004
what's the tamil word for homosexual
- From: Cheran Bharathi (@ wc09.ym.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com)
on: Tue Feb 10 21:37:56 EST 2004
homosexual - Kambi
- From: http://www.valaippoo.blogspot.com/ (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Feb 20 11:49:06 EST 2004
- From: vedam (@ )
on: Fri Sep 3 04:05:05
best tamil dictionary
- From: Sreedharan (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Mon Sep 6 05:50:01 EDT 2004
homosexual in tamil - "Orrina serkkai"
- From: (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sat Sep 11 12:36:40 EDT 2004
brown - pazhuppu
lighter brown - kaakki niRam
homo (person) - orina cheyalar
- From: Marudu (@ bgp01095700bgs.warn1201.mi.comcast.net)
on: Wed Sep 22 13:49:43 EDT 2004
As raj said " sempattai" - wood bark
- From: Nedunchezhiyan (@ cache-rtc-ae06.proxy.aol.com)
on: Thu Sep 23 07:40:16 EDT 2004
homosexual can be called as 'Orupaatruavu' from the root words 'oru'+paal+uravu' which mean same sex relation.
oru = one (not Or since the word next start with a non-vowel.
paal = aanpaal, penpaal etc
uravu = relationship, connection etc
Tell your friend about this topic
Want to post a response?
Back to the Forum