Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shame!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan
    It is very interesting to note how selective some of the vocal defenders of our ancient civilization, moral code and culture are on the issues that they want to be vocal about. When an "outsider" like Kushboo and an "Italian Catholic" like Sonia Gandhi say or do things that disturb our serene sense of cultural bliss, we get very offended, and become vocal telling everyone that those people are wrong. When the Supreme Court of India rules that what Kushboo stated was not criminal in nature, we are upset, and argue that the judges do not know what they are talking about! When a "cultured" and "civilized" mob burns down a Harijan and his daughter to death in the presence of revenue and police officials, we either pretend that the incident did not happen or it is not important enough for us to waste our time talking about. When someone wants to discuss the comments of a visitor to India about the poor public sanitation conditions in India, that person is taken to task for quoting a "foreigner" who does not know anything about our great Indian civilization and culture. ( ) When our own Suhasini makes statements supporting Kushboo, is taken to court for saying what she said, and the court decides that what she said was not criminal in nature, we either pretend that we do not hear that or do not want to comment about that.

Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan
    When a "cultured" and "civilized" mob burns down a Harijan and his daughter to death in the presence of revenue and police officials, we either pretend that the incident did not happen or it is not important enough for us to waste our time talking about.
    Who is that "WE" here?

We need to lynch the animals who did that crime! That is the feeling we all get!

I dont think any of us have difference in opinion in this issue!
    It's not just the case of a Harijan being burnt! I don't think he was talking abt the persecution of a section of people. Anyone who is burnt must be treated with the same sympathy and anger! Be it, A Harijan, A Victim at the Godhra train Burning, Graham Stains, or the hacking of a Hindu Makkal Katchi leader in Madurai a couple years back. Which wing of politics the subject belongs to is irrelevant. Which Indian Social Status the subject belongs to is also Irrelevant.

If anything, India's Cultural Identity should rest on being Compassionate and Welcoming, (Credited to Gandhi's Movement which got the World's Attention. If u r talking abt India's "Pre-Gandhi" Cultural Identity, then it's just a question of "How Far Back Do You Want To Go?" Indian Culture has existed for thousands of years, and a lot of things have changed in the course of time before as well.) India's Democratic Identity should rest on implementation of democratic Rights like "Freedom of Speech" and "Freedom Of Expression."

Both of these identities are destroyed when Kushboo is faced with the kind of treatment that she got for her opinions. Calling her an outsider just makes things a lot worse! Same thing goes for Sonia (I'm not gonna call her "JI" :P )

Just because these ppl are "outsiders", doesn't make their Opinions any less Important, or any more right or wrong than any "insider's" Opinion. It's a freaggin opinion for crying out loud!!! :P
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surya: What are you up to?

I don't think he was talking abt the persecution of a section of people.
    He was telling that there are more serious issues like murder but we are discussing about "less-serious issues" and ignore or care less about issues which we really should be ashamed of.
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thamiz: Sup. On leave for the past few days, which is good, I'm Hubbing more now! What abt u? Long Time!

He was telling that there are more serious issues like murder but we are discussing about "less-serious issues" and ignore or care less about issues which we really should be ashamed of.
    Exactly, so would you have the same reaction for the other things mentioned by me in the post? The victims in the train etc. (Step Into my Web)
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Punnaimaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நமது முற்போக்காளர்களுக்காக......

Sat, May 1 12:35 PM
    London, May 1 (ANI): A 72-year-old granny and her own grandson are set to have a baby, according to reports.

Pearl Carter, from Indiana, is reportedly having an incestuous affair with her 26-year-old grandchild Phil Bailey, reports The Sun.

And she's now using her pension to pay 54,000 dollars to a surrogate mother so they can have a child, say reports in New Idea magazine in New Zealand.

Pearl said: "I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion. I am in love with Phil and he's in love with me. Soon I'll be holding my son or daughter in my arms and Phil will be the proud dad."

Phil is the son of Pearl's daughter Lynette Bailey - who the pensioner put up for adoption when she was just 18, the magazine reported. When Lynette died, Phil tracked down his long lost gran and they started their relationship.

Pearl told New Idea: "From the first moment that I saw him, I knew we would never have a grandmother-grandson relationship. For the first time in years I felt sexually alive."

Pearl said: "I called Phil into my bedroom, sat him on the bed, and then I leant over and kissed him. "I expected rejection but instead he kissed me back."

Phil revealed to the magazine: "I wanted to kiss her there and then. My feelings were overwhelming. "I love Pearl with all my heart. I've always been attracted to older women and I think Pearl is gorgeous. Now I'm going to be a dad and I can't wait. Yes, we get laughed at and bullied when we go out and kiss in public but we don't care. You can't help who you fall for."

Pearl said: "I am finally going to be a mum and not forced to give up my child. Phil's going to be a great dad. I never in a million years thought at 72 I'd be 'pregnant' and in love with my grandson. I make no apologies and I believe God's given me a second chance."

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/2010050...h-her-gra.html
    இந்தக் காட்டில் எந்த மூங்கில் இசைக்க வல்லது என்று மயங்கிய பொழுது
    இறைவன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தப் புல்லாங்குழல் தான் நம் இசைஞானி !!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இந்த கன்றாவி என் கண்ணுலயும் பட்டுச்சி!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Punnaimaran
    நமது முற்போக்காளர்களுக்காக......

Sat, May 1 12:35 PM
    London, May 1 (ANI): A 72-year-old granny and her own grandson are set to have a baby, according to reports.

Pearl Carter, from Indiana, is reportedly having an incestuous affair with her 26-year-old grandchild Phil Bailey, reports The Sun.

And she's now using her pension to pay 54,000 dollars to a surrogate mother so they can have a child, say reports in New Idea magazine in New Zealand.

Pearl said: "I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion. I am in love with Phil and he's in love with me. Soon I'll be holding my son or daughter in my arms and Phil will be the proud dad."

Phil is the son of Pearl's daughter Lynette Bailey - who the pensioner put up for adoption when she was just 18, the magazine reported. When Lynette died, Phil tracked down his long lost gran and they started their relationship.

Pearl told New Idea: "From the first moment that I saw him, I knew we would never have a grandmother-grandson relationship. For the first time in years I felt sexually alive."

Pearl said: "I called Phil into my bedroom, sat him on the bed, and then I leant over and kissed him. "I expected rejection but instead he kissed me back."

Phil revealed to the magazine: "I wanted to kiss her there and then. My feelings were overwhelming. "I love Pearl with all my heart. I've always been attracted to older women and I think Pearl is gorgeous. Now I'm going to be a dad and I can't wait. Yes, we get laughed at and bullied when we go out and kiss in public but we don't care. You can't help who you fall for."

Pearl said: "I am finally going to be a mum and not forced to give up my child. Phil's going to be a great dad. I never in a million years thought at 72 I'd be 'pregnant' and in love with my grandson. I make no apologies and I believe God's given me a second chance."

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/2010050...h-her-gra.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamman yaar, whats wrong in this? Two grown ups decided and did something which they liked. Who are we to interfere in their private affairs? This is an ADVANCED society u know.
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like
    I Feel Sorry for that Kid!! Wonder how his health's gonna be. :sigh:

Pearl is probably going to die in labor.

I guess therez gonna be plenty of consequences for this bizarre and slightly nauseating love story.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    But saying or thinking that liberal would be okay with this is the equivalent of "Cultured People" being branded as Seniks who go around lynching youngsters on Valentine's Day.
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Liberals - Joker - No Rules
    Conservatives - A hard Batman - Schemer with lots of intense and far more rules to monitor people each and every moment.
    What do we need? A Balanced Batman? Joker?
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast