Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shame!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r2tchasi
    Hi NOV, apa khabar? We have our very own case-Daphne Iking. Her husband did file a suit on enticement.
    Hi AR, khabar baik*
    What is with this new id? PM me pls.

Even in her case, it was "enticement" not "adultery." Some bored lawyer must have looked up the archaic law. Anyway as you are aware the case just fizzled out and there were talks of repealiing this colonial law.

an old joke: childhood is not as enjoyable for a child as adultery is for an adult.

* khabar baik is malay for I am fine (in response to AR's query)
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Potham Pothuvaga Kalacharathai kindal pannuvathu rombavE over .
    ஐயா! நானும் இதே கலாச்சார நாட்டுல இருந்து தான் வர்றேன் ..அத நெனச்சு பெருமைப்பட முடியல்ல ..அது கிண்டல் இல்ல .ஆத்திரம் ..அவமானம் ..சும்மா கலாச்சாரம் -ன்னு பேப்பர்-ல எழுதி வச்சுகிட்டா போதுமா ? வீதிகளில் எங்கிருக்கு கலாச்சாரம் ?
    Again you are going like "Potham Pothuvaga"

Somebody please tell what is culture and what are the elements and what things it says to follow and what not?

oops.. please replace culture with indian culture.

Post Thanks / Like
    In conclusion, what this world needs is not more laws and constant judging, but love, compassion and understanding.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody please tell what is culture and what are the elements and what things it says to follow and what not?
    Culture is not static and is always changing. What was common for our ancestors, say a thousand years ago, are no longer common for us today.

In fact, I would go as far to say today's morality was thrust upon us and is not originally ours to begin with. Globalisation.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    In conclusion, what this world needs is not more laws and constant judging, but love, compassion and understanding.
    ..and responsibility, commitment and accountability and above all dignity befitting discerning six-sensed human beings.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Potham Pothuvaga Kalacharathai kindal pannuvathu rombavE over .
    ஐயா! நானும் இதே கலாச்சார நாட்டுல இருந்து தான் வர்றேன் ..அத நெனச்சு பெருமைப்பட முடியல்ல ..அது கிண்டல் இல்ல .ஆத்திரம் ..அவமானம் ..சும்மா கலாச்சாரம் -ன்னு பேப்பர்-ல எழுதி வச்சுகிட்டா போதுமா ? வீதிகளில் எங்கிருக்கு கலாச்சாரம் ?
    Again you are going like "Potham Pothuvaga"

oops.. please replace culture with indian culture.

Googling for the meaning of culture I found this:

Culture is the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon man's capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations... the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group. Culture means many different things to different people: the clothing, the food, the values, the laws, the beliefs, the music and dance, the material things, the language, the art, the medicine or healing practices, the shared history, the kinship system (whom you consider to be family), the stories, the hairstyles, the economic system, and much more, of a group of people. Families, neighborhoods, ethnic groups (groups of' people from the same part of the world), religious groups, regions, countries, all have their own cultures. Culture is constantly changing as people and places change.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    ..and responsibility, commitment and accountability and above all dignity befitting discerning six-sensed human beings.
    Honestly and respectfully PP mam, I really don't understand the inherent need to be so judgemental.

Really, why can't we let people do what they want, as long as its not harmful to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really, why can't we let people do what they want, as long as its not harmful to anyone.
    Just playing Devil's Advocate here..."harm" is not as obvious to define as we think
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Thanks for educating me: after same sex marriage what could follow is marriage with robots!
    Even that is something I was able to imagine, he'll most probably surprise me !
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Just playing Devil's Advocate here..."harm" is not as obvious to define as we think
    I was thinking of it while posting..
    But then again, we arent into psycho-analysing yet, I hope. :P

Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast