Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radha's Krishna

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Radha's Krishna

I am wondering on what happens to Radha when Krishna leaves her / leaves vrindhavan to mathura.

Thousands of spiritual, religious, mythological questions and ponderings and answers.

Radha represents human soul yearning for divine understanding.

Radha - Krishna represents eternity love of atman and parmatman.

There are human versions where they say radha was already married, and her love for krishna was out of her bounds of marriage. Radha was also elder to krisna. Radha pined for krishna when he left vrindhavan and her dreams of her love towards krishna is un-fulfilled hence the reason why we conduct "radha-kalyanam" to quench the thirst of radha's longing towards krishna.

(Its strange have u ever considered we never name anyone as rukmini krishna or sathyabama krishna but name them radha-krishna? Strange that many women aren't named rukmini and sathyabama (like how ram's seetha gets named) but most name their children radhika or radha? )

Some other beautiful imaginary(?) stories have it that Radha and Krishna has gandharva marriage and radha becomes krishna's flute when he leaves vrindhavan. Hence radha never leaves krishna.

Some other stories have it that, radha extends herself as sathyabama and marries Krishna in the form of sathyabama.

Thousands of stories, thousands of explanations by people, saints and swamins. Yet the relationship of radha and krishna and what happens to radha is never been conclusive. What ever happens to radha is still a question which probably would never be and can never be answered or understood by a mortal mind? I am interested in hearing any of ur knowledge on this topic please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear SK,
    Thanks for starting this extermely good topic. You are right , so many doubts and mis information is existing. To my knowledge (Bhagavatham) and Radhikopanishad and Narayaneeyam are the only the authentic source about Radha. Rest over time general public twined spicy stories to Radha's life which may not be true. According to the authentic soruces Radha was the daughter of Gopanna Maharaj and a cosuin of Krishna. She of the same age of krishna and never married anyone else except the Gandharva marriage to Krishna. More details about doubts may be cleared through this link.

http://veda.sakthifoundation.org/radhakrishna.htm

We can continue our discussion here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Contemporary Malayalam poetess SUGATHA KUMARI has authored a poem-titled "RADHA EVIDAE"

Last month Mohiniyattam dancer Gopika Varma choreographed this and staged its first show here at Thiruvananthapuram and on 27th it was staged at chennai....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep
    Dear SK,
    To my knowledge (Bhagavatham) and Radhikopanishad and Narayaneeyam are the only the authentic source about Radha. Rest over time general public twined spicy stories to Radha's life which may not be true. According to the authentic soruces Radha was the daughter of Gopanna Maharaj and a cosuin of Krishna. She of the same age of krishna and never married anyone else except the Gandharva marriage to Krishna.

hi pradeep

Radha was just soaked in un-conditional love, that she did not even ask Krishna to marry her and take to his place.
    Thankyou pradeep. I however have a question. Did his physical seperation from her (from vrindhavan) sadden radha? or was she beyond all that and ever dipped in his love beyond physical presense? Was she ever blissful despite the bodily distance?

Is it true that she went with him and ever remained with him in the form of flute?

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear SK,
    To my knowledge (Bhagavatham) and Radhikopanishad and Narayaneeyam are the only the authentic source about Radha. Rest over time general public twined spicy stories to Radha's life which may not be true. According to the authentic soruces Radha was the daughter of Gopanna Maharaj and a cosuin of Krishna. She of the same age of krishna and never married anyone else except the Gandharva marriage to Krishna.

Dear Pradheep,

What do you mean 'authentic' here? The most ancient or the generally accepted norm? Where is the question of truth? There seems to be only that of belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Did his physical seperation from her (from vrindhavan) sadden radha? or was she beyond all that and ever dipped in his love beyond physical presense? Was she ever blissful despite the bodily distance?

Is it true that she went with him and ever remained with him in the form of flute?
    Pain of separation and the joy of unity are two things that are enjoyed simultaneously by a Lover . I am supposing this holds with respect to Radha too.

Love and Light

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir
    Pain of separation and the joy of unity are two things that are enjoyed simultaneously by a Lover . I am supposing this holds with respect to Radha too.

Love and Light
    I suppose too ! I suppose it would have been the same with aaNdaaL and meera too. Except radha was more fortunate to have had his highness as her playmate and lover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Anbu,
    Sorry , I have used the word authentic to stress the word "Documented". When one experience a fact "within", a belief can be confirmed whether it is Truth of fictious.

Dear SP,
    Of course physical separation saddened Radha, untill she Self-Realizes the Truth about Physical reality and Consciousness. That knowledge she experiences , giving "Bliss". Then becoming a "flute" is a symbolic of the Pranavam (Consciousness).

A lover does not enjoy separation, it is only a pain, untill like Radha, who transcend beyond the physical.

Again from this Truth of Physical, the bliss is same for Aandal and Meera. What Radha enjoyed with a physical human body which is made of electrons and protons , Andal and Meera also enjoyed with a stone idol which is also made of electrons and protons. The bliss lies in beyond this material electrons and protons, which all the 3 shared the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear SP,
    Of course physical separation saddened Radha, untill she Self-Realizes the Truth about Physical reality and Consciousness. That knowledge she experiences , giving "Bliss". The become flute is a symbolic of the Pranavam (Consciousness).

A lover does not enjoy separation, it is only a pain, untill like Radha, who transcend beyond the physical.
    hmm

Again from this Truth of Physical, the bliss is same for Aandal and Meera. What Radha enjoyed with a physical human body which is made of electrons and protons , Andal and Meera also enjoyed with a stone idol which is also made of electrons and protons. The bliss lies in beyond this material electrons and protons, which all the 3 shared the same
    I understand. Thank you for posting pradeep.

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Anbu,
    Sorry , I have used the word authentic to stress the word "Documented". When one experience a fact "within", a belief can be confirmed whether it is Truth of fictious.
    Brilliant! . Therefore all that remains is subjective truth.

Dear SP,
    Of course physical separation saddened Radha, untill she Self-Realizes the Truth about Physical reality and Consciousness. That knowledge she experiences , giving "Bliss". Then becoming a "flute" is a symbolic of the Pranavam (Consciousness).
    Also, the flute is hollow and filled with His Life-giving breath. Not unlike the state of a liberated person.

Somehow I always hold the idea that Enlightenment => wholesome and complete experience on all three levels of consciousness (body,mind and soul). Transcendence, to me, is not the topmost rung of the ladder of spiritual consciousness; it is the whole process and the person who does the climbing. Therefore I still feel that the pain of separation and the bliss of unity are felt simultaneously by the Lover (because the person lives on every level of experience).

Again from this Truth of Physical, the bliss is same for Aandal and Meera. What Radha enjoyed with a physical human body which is made of electrons and protons , Andal and Meera also enjoyed with a stone idol which is also made of electrons and protons. The bliss lies in beyond this material electrons and protons, which all the 3 shared the same.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir
    Therefore I still feel that the pain of separation and the bliss of unity are felt simultaneously by the Lover (because the person lives on every level of experience).
    Prasad,

I think even if there is pain, the pain is experienced with a different perspective and understandinG from the stand point of the one seperated. (EVEN in the level of physical) I think thats what pradeep means.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast