11 22.45%
  • Post 2003

0 0%
Page 145 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1652

Thread: Films of Mani Ratnam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vansh..adhuvum 1992! indha maadhiri posters namma Jaishankar kaalathulaye stop pannittom.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogith settiAr pazhaya remake patthi ellAm kavalayE padAma, ippa remake paNNuvAr, adhuvum Ajay devagan-ai vachu...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here I am offering my head, get the guillotine ready Mani-fans. My blog post on Mani:

Mani Rathnam: Of Sexism and Homoeroticsm.

Tamil film industry is known for glorifying the mediocre, simply because there are very few greats. This holds true for directors especially after K. Balachander decided to stop being awesome and make a couple of films with Suhasini.

I mentioned Suhasini to do a “speaking of Suhasini” schtick simply because I wanted to talk about Mani Rathnam this time.

Why? Well, simply because he is touted as India’s greatest director by many and I wanted to convince myself, knowing well that nobody’s gonna agree, that he is not. Truth is, he had a shot to greatness but somewhere he fizzled. More importantly the future might actually remember him as sexist director with slight fascination with homoeroticms at the time when women broke the goddam glass ceiling, climbed up the iron ladder and knocked the male CEOs off their chair with wooden ladle.

Blatant accusation, you say? Hallo, this is a blog and usually that’s what it’s for. Plus no one would read this considering he has no release or health issue currently.

So, if you dare, go ahead, enrage yourself here
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lacks the punch, grouch. Fatherhood effects, eh? You wanted to know about the females in Dil Se. There are two of them. One of them has a hoary childhooda, abused by. soldiers and seething within. As if that was not enough, she has Shahrukh Khan doing his monkey tricks around her - you know the routine where he woos unsuspecting young women - and trying to convince her of his "immortal love" for her. The other one, unmindful of the said Khan's moroseness owing to lack of any signal from his love, gets engaged to him. Bubbly characterAmAm. And one of the ladies decides to cleanse the world of a "dancing, prancing, stammering, quivering general nuisance of a superstar". She achieves this by simultaneously performing the tricks of a) exploding a belt bomb - attached to her waist b) embracing the said nuisance superstar. Thus leaving the other lady a fiancee short. How does that sound?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the more convinced now. Thanks for honest criticism, plum, always valued. I guess Fatherhood it is (poor quality writingku ithellam oru excuse-adA grouch?).
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trivia that you are not interested in: yours truly travelled 4 floors down a lift (all alone) with Priety Zinta in Green Park, hyderabad during her visit to Hyd for Dil Se promotions. I could tell you of my 25 seconds with Priety Zinta...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Groucho,
    Your take on Mani sounds so much like Raja Sen on rediff,meaning this neither as a compliment nor criticism.

Personally,didn't like your writing.

Plum,
    Grouch might not be interested but I am in the trivia.Go ahead and put in words those 25 seconds.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    25 seconds?
    liftla ellaam chaina pudichu pullamudiyaadhaa?
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Trivia that you are not interested in: yours truly travelled 4 floors down a lift (all alone) with Priety Zinta in Green Park, hyderabad during her visit to Hyd for Dil Se promotions. I could tell you of my 25 seconds with Priety Zinta...
    lift repair-lAm aagAma ponadhu unga unlucky..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought you were kidding and then you got serious in the end of the piece. So
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே