Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Traditional Knowledge

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekhar
    Good!! You realise it is Mrs. Shekhar who washes dishes and not Mr. Shekhar!!
    Surely u cud afford a maid for such chores instead of letting ur Mrs. handle it all?! :P

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! I got her a maid alright.. years ago. But I wish I hadn't. She has been adding kilos and kilos to her weight... I have difficulty remembering how she was before we got married!!!
    My sincere adivise to all husbands is not to commit the mistake that I did. If you really have to, then hire a cute one!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "She has been adding kilos and kilos to her weight... I have difficulty remembering how she was before we got married!!!"

The vice versa of this statement is exactly what Mrs.Shekar told me about her "aging" hubby!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pp maam gives a good competition for shekhar.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    For teeth alone it is better to resort to a dentist at the earliest. I am telling this from my personal experience. I am one for the traditional remedy and for long neglected my tooth ache or sensitivity with cloves, using salt water etc. Cloves just get rid of the symptom but don't cure the cause, bacteria. Salt water is good, but not sufficient in the case of infection.
    Charcoal or any solid powder will harm the enamel in the long run due to mechanical corrosion of the teeth. It will lead to sensitive gums and deposition of food particles on the teeth.
    It is better to use a gentle brush, good paste and a mouthwash. Better to follow what the doctor suggests.

Post Thanks / Like
    about Okinawa diet:
    The purple sweet potato, imo, is the core food, and the diet is high in vegetables, he said. It is balanced by a high consumption of soy foods, some fish with limited amounts of pork.

Okinawans have a habit of stir frying foods with turmeric, mugwort (fuchiba), tofu and peppers. When they prepare pork, it is boiled with the fat skimmed off the top, he said.

This “really resulted in a distinct cuisine that had very high antioxidant loads and very few calories,” he said. “They ended up being lean all their lives. . . . Coupled with physical activity, farming, fishing, you had the right recipe for longevity,” Willcox added.

Besides living longer, Okinawan centenarians are “highly functional people” with low rates of Alzheimer’s and dementia, Willcox said. Japanese and Americans reaching their late 80s show a 30 percent prevalence of dementia, according to a graph on Willcox’s Web site. Okinawan dementia rates are less than 15 percent for that age group.

“There’s a cultural component,” said Willcox. “The Okinawans are a tightly knitted community that has placed an emphasis on ’yuimaru,’ which literally means a connecting circle.”

The elderly are supported and cared for; neighbors check on neighbors, he said.

“You see 80-year-olds caring for 100-year-olds,” he said. “You get elder-care networks.”

Okinawa, which is a prefecture of Japan, has always been the “poorest of the prefectures, yet they have the longest life expectancy,” he pointed out.

Affluence is not a major component to longevity in Okinawa, but attitude might be. Okinawans don’t watch the clock and don’t feel much tension, Willcox’s Web site says. They are optimistic, adaptable, easygoing, full of self-confidence and unyielding, surveys of the population have indicated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    "She has been adding kilos and kilos to her weight... I have difficulty remembering how she was before we got married!!!"

The vice versa of this statement is exactly what Mrs.Shekar told me about her "aging" hubby!
    You are wrong there!!!

I am a fitness 'freak'!!
    I jog 6 kms every morning and do workout for 45 minutes afterwards. I have maintained the same weight (64-65 kgs) for more than a decade!!!
    And mentally ... you all know .. I am very fresh

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What can be hindering Mrs.Shekar from jogging along (a pun intended!)Mr.Shekar?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456