Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

Basically a giant joke. Freddy's a joke seriously. Atleast Dream Child attempted to inject some seriousness with more gothic theme, but this one is just zzzz... You know horror movies supposed to be scary right? Movies were made to cash in on the Freddymania that was running wild on US at that time. I mean he had tv shows, merchandises, guest star on talk shows, mtv appearances.. I think they were really afraid that a sick and twisted Freddy (part 1 -3) would ruin the popularity he had with the younger audience.

Story is nothing new. New Line Cinema sucks. The first thing they did to Jason when they bought over the series from paramount was to give him an extra backstory.. what a load of BS. Are you telling me that Pamela voorhees and Tommy Jarvis are not enough to make Jason credible?. I'm referencing Friday series because that's what NLC did to Freddy here. They added a backstory (which is fine if they didn't ignore the excellent backbones like part 1 and 3) for Freddy and it was awful from the word go. I'm bitter because part 3 was really really really good and one of the best movies of all time (yeah, i went there). Dream Master put the series to coma and Final Nightmare shot the dying patient (no pun intended). And Freddy's last hurrah goes with a whimper. He has 3 kills.. one of them on a 16 bit videogame (i'm not kidding). And the climax.. come on now, was the movie rated pg-13? is that the way to kill one of the franchise horror characters of all time. Johnny Depp makes his return to the series.. albeit in a 10 seconds cameo, but it's still nice to him in the series that made him (like Jamie Lea in Halloween H20 and Savini in Final Chapter)..

Thankfully Wes Craven would re-invent the series in New Nightmare. While far cry from his original adventure, it's still eons better than all the sequels except part 3.