Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shame!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere along I remember reading about growing skin! Perhaps that is what the majority of the people are doing and want me to do also!

ஆடை இல்லா ஊரில் கோவணம் கட்டியவன் கோமாளி!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Another sign of the modern world's malady: ennui! Too lazy and bored to get 'involved'!!!! Why such an ado about sex discipline and human reationship ethics? Lucky am I not to have yet been engulfed by ennui!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Potham Pothuvaga Kalacharathai kindal pannuvathu rombavE over .
    ஐயா! நானும் இதே கலாச்சார நாட்டுல இருந்து தான் வர்றேன் ..அத நெனச்சு பெருமைப்பட முடியல்ல ..அது கிண்டல் இல்ல .ஆத்திரம் ..அவமானம் ..சும்மா கலாச்சாரம் -ன்னு பேப்பர்-ல எழுதி வச்சுகிட்டா போதுமா ? வீதிகளில் எங்கிருக்கு கலாச்சாரம் ?
    Again you are going like "Potham Pothuvaga"

Somebody please tell what is culture and what are the elements and what things it says to follow and what not?

oops.. please replace culture with indian culture.

Googling for the meaning of culture I found this:

Culture is the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon man's capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations... the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group. Culture means many different things to different people: the clothing, the food, the values, the laws, the beliefs, the music and dance, the material things, the language, the art, the medicine or healing practices, the shared history, the kinship system (whom you consider to be family), the stories, the hairstyles, the economic system, and much more, of a group of people. Families, neighborhoods, ethnic groups (groups of' people from the same part of the world), religious groups, regions, countries, all have their own cultures. Culture is constantly changing as people and places change.
    This is impressive answer. So I can proud about India Culture

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badri
    The Supreme Court verdict is going to change what exactly?

Those that do not want to do it, wont.
    Those that anyway will do it, will continue!
    Some extreme fanatics will take to the streets and burn effigies while busy Hubbers will increase the post count!

Post Thanks / Like
    (sic)
    Calvin: You know what Dad did the other day
    Hobbes: what ?
    Calvin: He bought a book and paid for it in cash
    Hobbes: ?
    Calvin: He said he didn't want his card tracked and marketing offers sent in mail for similar books he may like
    Hobbes: Your Dad's going into the future kicking and screaming, isn't he ?
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And just because I enjoy throwing logs into a fire:
    1. I have a question for those who believe that it is the job of parents to influence personal choices - What of those that do not have the luxury of parents?

2. Why must two sets of coda - the legal and the moral - exist? Seems like an excuse to create occupations does it not? (Priests and Lawyers)
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Junior Member Newbie Hubber r2tchasi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by complicateur
    And just because I enjoy throwing logs into a fire:
    1. I have a question for those who believe that it is the job of parents to influence personal choices - What of those that do not have the luxury of parents?
    'Sendiri mau tau lah'! In other words, suyabutthi. And since when parents could influence their children? Try asking parents of teenagers. Parents set guidelines/examples for children to follow. To say parents are influential...nah...it comes back to the children's suyabutthi. So, with parental presence or not, it's back to suyabutthi.
    Quote Originally Posted by complicateur
    2. Why must two sets of coda - the legal and the moral - exist? Seems like an excuse to create occupations does it not? (Priests and Lawyers)
    Legal-external deterent
    Moral-deterent from within

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    An interesting article in times
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7074875.ece
    The Indian Government does not provide statistics for unmarried couples cohabiting but a study by the Mumbai-based International Institute for Population Sciences last month showed that 17 per cent of young men in rural areas said that they had had premarital sex, compared with 10 per cent in urban areas.

The survey of 55,000 women and men aged 15-29 also showed that 4 per cent of women in rural areas claimed to have had premarital sex, compared with 2 per cent in the cities.
    I wonder why the percentages are high in rural India for both men and women !!!!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudazJay
    With all due respect, PP maam, I beg to differ with you on this point. I don’t find it absurd or ridiculous to note the high amount of failed marriages or that most women are staying on with their marriage as a matter of vulnerability than of love and affection. To say otherwise is akin to living in a denial. I’m not saying that all marriages are failures, but sadly a high number of it happened to be. Of course, there are many reasons to quote for the failure of marriages; lack of love, compassion and respect to one another are some of the reasons but I strongly believe that women being independent have nothing to do with the predicament we face today................
    I take a big to your parents who have done well to bring you up. There seems to be hope for the younger generation.

mr. logger - for orphans, isnt the parental role taken over by guardians? Surely that must count for something.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast