• Hosanna

7 14.58%
  • Anbil Avan

7 14.58%
Page 101 of 151 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1501

Thread: || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR |Gautham Menon | Simbhu ||

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya aromale is wonderful. it has taken some time to grow the song on me.

Quote Originally Posted by sha
    in love with Aromale,,, 60s-70s Rock with mallu lyrics,,, wonderfull.... no other tunes are catchy for me,,, few bits and bytes from mannippaya is inspiring,,, may be the more i hear better i like other songs!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mannipaaya..Yes, as a fan,I am willing to forgive Rahman for this tune

Vinnaithaandi - once again PF and classic rock influence. Fans of the genre will like this song a bit. Experimental, again.

Hosanna -Blaaze almost ruined it for me.The song didnt need him.This one sounds like it will grow a bit on further listens

Overall- I like experimentation when the soul isnt compromised. Delhi-6 had both in ample measures. Thats probably why I feel Rahman will be hardpressed to top that effort for quite a while. He has to benchmark himself against himself with that kind of an album.That's tough. The 2 songs that worked for me here a bit were the classic rock-inspired ones, which I feel is more a reflection of my taste for that genre than Rahman's work. But don't mistake, this soundtrack is still fresher than most of the crap that gets churned out in TFM these days. Just that it doesnt quite hit the bull's eye.
    I'll go back to Dil Gira dafatan.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vijayr
    Mannipaaya..Yes, as a fan,I am willing to forgive Rahman for this tune...
    So I wasn't the only one!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaromale - On poor quality earphones, unfortunately

On first hearing, a classic rock number, slightly Floydian (WYWH), wild west too perhaps -as in 'Blaze Of Glory' and very slightly the feel of the Moody Blues (Nights in White Satin) but in the end, it comes out as something of its own, thanks in good measure to the rhythm (sounds like acoustic drums with brush strokes as in an unplugged concert but there's something about the rhythm which is unusual. A bit Indian, perhaps?), as the melody brought in by the chorus. Need a few more listens, needless to say

This is an example to "original" freaks in all sides and camps. It is not a crime to get inspired, and there is seldom an uninspired work. More importantly, like DevD did early last year, its left people scratching their heads and talk about the inspirations in a positive manner of discussion and exchange, rather than a juvenile ego-filled "hey it feels like that song, so its bad".

Thamizhvanan,
    Definitely not 'Great Gig In The Sky'-nga! 'Have a cigar' - idhuvum i'm not sure....
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the other songs?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just listened to this one Rama. Will listen to the other songs tomorrow
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My initial thoughts on VTV:

Omana Penne - Really like the nadheswaram that comes in the background and Kalyani Menon's part. Tune wise, its slightly repetitive, maybe could've been more interesting, especially the closing portion.

Anbil Avan - A mish mash of lots of different sounds. Not too sure about the wedding church organ. An Indianised gospel sound? Didn't excite me straight away.

Kanukul Kanai - Like Naresh's vocals. I felt that both this and Anbil Avan have a SOK's Maricham/ Machakari kind of sound. Again not instantly likeable.

Mannipaya - Looked promising on the credits. However, I'm struggling to understand the song. It fails to evoke any kind of emotion in me. Both Shreya and ARR sound bland.

Aaromale - A definite thumbs up. Really liked it from the first listen. Alphonse has truly got a mighty voice. Laid back, cool.

Hosanna - The chartbuster of the album. With this song we got an added bonus of getting a rare insight into the way ARR works. We were able to compare the draft and final version and what a difference. The final version sounds rich, full and complete. Extra beats, strings, love it!

Vinnaithandi Varuvaya - Cold sounds. I can't think of another way of describing my intial feelings. Unimpressive melody.

ARR is taking us to new sounds and new levels of experimentation. There's no doubting his genius and ability to think outside the box, but with this album I'm feeling slightly left behind. The sounds are fascinating but I don't understand some of the melodies. They are a little too abstract, at times sounding too simple and at other times sounding too complex.

The beauty of ARRs work for me is the emotions they evoke. In this album I can honestly say that the only song that I'm truly enjoying listening to at the moment is Hosanna.

I guess the only thing left to say is, my opinions are likely to change.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know why so many people dont like Mannipaya. It's really a classic song. I think the problem is that everybody wants love the album instantly but just wait 2 more days and listen to the album a few times. After a while you will start to like the songs automatically. Once you start to have some of the lyrics in your mind and also the tune it will work.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love மன்னிப்பாயா.....
    pure poetry, evocative Shreya with keyboard bgm.. a magical piano, humming, very nice tempo!

I absolutely love the soothing mood & urbane/cosmopolitan essence in the album.

anbil avan.. is a rhythmic delight with again minimal instrumentation with the choir & hindu marriage ..
    கல்யாணம் ஜோராக நடந்திடுச்சு ....

LOVING the three songs I checked so far!
    vinatha.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    Ajay, i wasnt impressed with the album. So i can reply to ur 'assumption'. I dunno if u wanna believe this or not, but for the past many years, ive been surviving fully on ARR's 90s album ( i really mean it, 24/7 with all his old hits for many year ). And some tracks here and there, like Sarvam's Siragugal, Vaamanan's Edho Seigirai and Oru Devathai, Aayarithil Oruvan songs, and latest Goa's Valiba Vaa. I dun think these are sub-standards albums/songs.

When the whole world was going behind Ayan and Aadhavan songs and what not, i was the only 1 who have laughing at the songs and was blasting Thiruda Thiruda and Kadhalan songs in my Car.

So if a person who enjoyed a sub-standard album and he praised VTV album, should i say that VTV album too is a sub-standard album? Ur logic does not apply at all.

Please do not assume and comment on people u dunno. This is my sincere advice and request.

Back to the thread's topic, Hosanna is truly great! Vijay Prakash has a very powerful voice. Omana Penne is truly special with Kalyani's portion. Loved the fusion here.
    Dinesh, i wrote it for people who listened to sub standard albums. Albums like the ones you laughed at. I know you well and if you remember, i go by your recommendation to listen to songs composed by other MDs. Eg: Thulasichediya and perunthil nee.. Give some more time for VTV and as Anand said you will have a different opinion in a week's time.