Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramanujacharya - The great Philosopher and Social Reformer

Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhama,

Thank you for the illuminating posts. Please continue.

I have also heard that Udaiyavar nominated women successors to the various mutts. But over the years that has been diluted. What is the reason?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr Sudhaama,

It is good to have you in this Hub along with some other very knowledgeable persons...

Thanks for your very valuable posts.

Please carry on so that we can learn more and more and more from such Great Beings!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    .INVITED to ENJOY Reading.! and COMMENT Please.!!

Those who can read Tamil... are invited to read my Serial Article :

...THAMIZH MARHAI THIRUVAAYMOZHI... in our Hub Monthly Magazine.

...which is written with a Broad-outlook... in the true Sense and Spirit of Thiruvaaymozhi...

...in a NON-SECTARIAN Approach... acclaimed to be QUITE INTERESTING to even any common man... as per Feedback so far.

Being a very simple style... coupled with several stories or events related to the Topic.. it must be interesting to you too.

Invariably each Article of the month contains some Life-episodes, Events and Stories of Ramanuja too... in relation to the Topic.

With matching Pictures and Audio URLs... I believe... YOU ALL WILL LIKE IT.

Am I correct?... Is it interesting to You?... Any Doubts and Comments are Welcome.

I am anxious to reply.... WELCOME Please.

August 07 issue.
    http://hubmagazine.mayyam.com/aug07/?t=10166

Thanking you with Best Wishes...

Affectionately.... Your SUDHAAMA.

Post Thanks / Like
    sudhama,
    I am unable to read the font in Ur serial article.

Request U to post updates on Udaiyavar in this forum itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    .Homely Food.. and Restaurant Foods.!!

Quote Originally Posted by smith1
    sudhama,
    I am unable to read the font in Ur serial article.

Request U to post updates on Udaiyavar in this forum itself.
    Dear Smith1,

Have you Clicked... TAMIL FONT HELP...?...

...and Downloaded MURASU ANJAL Tamil Font.?

This Forum in English... I handle in a different angle, in the general perspective...

... under the common aspect of SOCIAL-PURVIEW mostly..

...while superficially touching other aspects.

Whereas under my Tamil Article Serial...

...THAMIZH MARHAI THIRUVAAYMOZHI... of our Hub Magzine..

...You can find more interesting Reading-matter with matching lively Pictures and Audios...
    ...alongside the unique presentations of the Text in a light style... with Narrations of Stories, Anecdotes, Events and Episodes...

...important Life-codes, Morals, Doubts on Life, Rudiments on God, Purpose of Human-birth on Earth, and Dilemmas on practical Life-Problems... etc.

...in the Global Human-sense...

... applicable to any Common-man, irrespective of Religion and Nationality or any such boundaries.

It includes Ramanujacharya's Biography too... invariably in each monthly issue.

It has been appreciated and received well by many so far.

And so I am sure You also will like reading it.

Please try once again to get the Font.. Read and Comment.

... Welcome.!!! ENJOY READING.!!!

August 07 issue.
    http://hubmagazine.mayyam.com/aug07/?t=10166

Whereas here, in this Forum let us all DISCUSS...

...MUTUAL-EXCHANGE of Knowledge, Thoughts, Opinions and Conclusions...

..as also Doubts and Questions if any.... for which I will try to reply.

In brief... that Tamil Article under Hub-Magazine is a HOMELY FOOD...

...prepared by a Mother and served to her Family-members and Guests.

While this Forum is a RESTAURANT... where the Foods are prepared by several cooks...

...and served according to the SEEKERS' CHOICE and Preferences.!!

Post Thanks / Like
    . Repayment of Gratitude.?.. !!

Quote Originally Posted by smith
    Thanks a lot for the post, sudhaama. I have a few doubts :

// 1. I have read that when Ramanuja was summoned by the king, his disciples took his place & made Udaiayavar escape to melkote. When they were produced before the king, they were asked to sign the proclaimation that Lord Shiva was a greater God than Lord Vishnu & when they refused, they were punished //..
    Incorrect and Distorted Version... denigrating the Seers so Cheap.

The True Episode... exemplary for Selfless approach of the Acharya and the Disciples... caught unaware at a critical moment.... I have already posted.

Further if any you have to ask... please speak out. Welcome.

//Assuming that the above is true, when ramanuja is so large hearted, what prevented his followers also to be so?

I know there is some explaination here which I would like to hear from U.//
    I do not follow...What you mean.!

What is meant by Large-Heartedness.?.. To declare a False statement as True... contrary to Vedas?

Should the Acharya or his Disciples obediently bow down to the commands of the King and declare any Untruth as Truth?

// 2. Also I have read that since he was saved by harijans or dalits (as we call them now) from the clutches of robbers when he was returing from delhi to melkote, he "allowed" them to enter the shrine for 3 days in a year.

Now we know that udaiyavar's large heartedness knew no boundaries, if that is the case, why only "the 3 day period?

My intention is not to cast aspersions on the Maha Purusha (Avarai paththi vimarsanam pandrathukku yarukkume thagudi illai geradhu ennodiya abiprayam).

I only want to clear certain misgivings, that's all.

As an ardent udaiyavar devotee, it pains me when certain people cast aspersions.//.
    There was no such event... confronting Robberers by Ramanuja on the way to Delhi.

Even if it were true... why should the Acharya repay his Gratitude by just allowing the Harijans in the Temple at Melkote.?

Better they could have been rewarded by Wealth and Properties... which the Mysore King would have granted... on the Udayavar's commands.

Whereas in another case... while Ramanuja in exile... enroute to Melnadu (Mysore state) from Srirangam in Chozha-desam...

...not to get caught by the chasing Chozha warriors... (on the commands of the Fanatic Sadist Kulothunga King.)

...had to stay hiding their whole convoy entourage for a few nights at different Hamlets of Tamilian Aboriginals... callously downtrodden ... rotting amidst the thick jungle.

Those Aboriginals named PARAYAS and CHANDALAS... the Debarred citizens of Chozha-Nadu... being the Loyalists of the erstwhile Kings defeated...

Those evicted innocent citizens held high status during the previous regimes... regarded highly and Trusted Direct-Assistants of Kings... being Ministers, Military Commanders, Spies and Suicide Squad-members... etc.

...directly dealing with the previous Kings as their Trustworthy Patriots of the Kingdom.

When Ramanuja had to stay within their Hamlets... they avoided meeting him...

...because they SELF-DENIGRATED themselves as the Worst Sinners, being the Untouchables...

...while the Acharya was the Divine birth.

Ramanuja could have just kept hiding silently... without any other activity there... other than his purpose of visit.

But he took it as the best God-given opportunity to have a close rapport with the downtrodden and understanding the Real situation.

He went in search of them... called for the congregation of all the Residents to one Hut-Assembly...

..and had free exchange of discussions on Facts, Thoughts and News.

He felt not only much pained to see their pathetic ordeal.. and Sub-human Animal-like Living- condition...

...due to the autocratic INHUMAN TREATMENT meted out by the so-called Protector-Kings, the Rulers..

...to an INNOCENT & BLOTLESS section of exemplary Good people deserving Glory.!...

...and also surprised to know of their Self-denigrative attitude... considering themselves as unqualified to mingle with the Overall Society.

Ramanuja broke such a False-belief... unfounded by any Religious Doctrine or Social-Law... and convinced them to raise themselves up by means of his support.

He advised them not to return to their Original country Chozha-Nadu... where they are unwanted and evicted Aboriginals...

...but to make their living in the adjacent Melnadu... after hearing from him in the near future.

Accordingly, as soon as Ramanuja stabilised his position well with the Mysore King...

...with his consent, Ramanuja got all the Tamilian-aboriginals... shifted to Mysore Region and got them well-settled there...

...providing adequate means for Living, Well-being and Human-dignity... at par with the other local citizens.

Then as the next step... after getting over all sorts of Obstacles and Objections from the King and Pandits...

...as also the RELUCTANCE OF THE DOWNTRODDEN... being disinterested in Bhakthi cult...

..alongside their Fear that they may become the Worst Sinners... by means of their Temple-entry... since the Sanctity might be vitiated by the untouchables close contacts...

Ramanuja took them into the Temple... after convincing on the true sense of Humanity in the United Society of sorts...

...and inculcating in them the Devotional spirit of God-faith... and Social Integrity.

Ramanuja categorically asserted.... that the Primary duty of One and all...is the...

..Humane Spirit of Social-Equanimity plus God-faith... without exception.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Why should we worship God?

Is it not YOU people’s duty to pray on our behalf?"

...Tribes asked Ramanuja.

Ramanuja replied “Social duties have been distributed and specifically assigned to every Community amongst the Subjects of the Kingdom… so to say the people…

…so as to ensure … Each and every Social-demands of the Overall Society is radically taken care of… unfailingly.

According to such a prevalent rule of Law… One community has been assigned to perform SPIRITUAL DUTIES... through Soul-might...

..such as Chanting Vedas and other Recitations, performing Yagas, Rituals and Poojas, Teaching, Preaching and the like transcendental pursuits…

…so as to take care of the Divine-commitments for fetching the God’s grace towards the benefit of the overall Society…

… especially for getting the due showers of Rains.. by way of regular periodicity as well as by the apt quantum…

..abundant growth of Farm-products and Cattle-wealth like Cow’s Milk …

…Non occurrence of Natural calamities, Disasters, Epidemics etc.

But that does not mean… other communities are totally absolved from their rudimentary Human-commitments and the basic Moral-duties…

…to worship God for the sake of confirmation of one’s own God faith…

…for our own well-being and God’s grace for the individual’s Life-Success…

…as well as to pay our Gratitude to God..

...for every Unparallel support and Divine advantage we received from that Super-human power.

In brief.. God-worship in some Form and Pursuit of the Individual’s choice and convenience…

…is a MUST for every Human-being in his/her own interests…

… of Meaningful Life and Purpose.

You have wide Options and Freedom to choose and adopt... from amongst the Varied Choices.

Whichever path you may resort to and whatever God form… you may repose faith…

…indeed you will get the grace of God EQUALLY.

But do not forget that the God is One… He is Lakshmi-Narayana who is showering you the grace from behind all.

Similar to all the Rivers ultimately reaching one Ocean…

…all your prayers to different God-forms reach ultimately that One and the same Goal…

..which is the ORIGIN too.. for all !.. ...as categorically declared by Vedas.

That One God... Supreme God "Sriman Narayana"… answers your prayers…

...directly or indirectly as you individually approach..

...and showers His benign grace to all.! REMEMBER.!!!"

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Worshipping God

Sudamaaji,

Keep posting reularly.

Your Knowledge is good tonic for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    …all your prayers to different God-forms reach ultimately that One and the same Goal…

Will this Lakshmi-Narayana ever have time to restore peace in Pakistan or Afghanistan or Iraq ? Aren't the prayers from people of those region doesn't reach him ? Is the mobile signal weak...?

BS!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    .What one sows... he reaps.!!

Quote Originally Posted by komban
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama

Will this Lakshmi-Narayana ever have time to restore peace in Pakistan or Afghanistan or Iraq ? Aren't the prayers from people of those region doesn't reach him ? Is the mobile signal weak...?

BS!!!
    For the SUICIDAL ACTIONS of ... ALL CONCERNED... we cannot blame God.

The Sufferers are facing the Consequences of their PAST MISDEEDS.!

What Ramanujacharya or Lakshmi-Narayana... have to do.?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast