Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does TAX tax IT people ?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really???
    Does the IT Sector really pay more tax.I didnt know that!! When I was working in India I dont remember paying any extra tax.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    BG- What type of 'realities' you'd like to address? Whatever we earn is 'white' and tax is deducted appropriately.

India is not the only country where income is taxed. More developed nations than us do have a similar tax structure. It hurts us most because our earnings are very transparent
    Same here we cann't hide anything. I heard those who are working in MNC in India... their salary is very transperent they cann't hide anything. Whatever allowances they are getting it is shown in their salary slip also.. so they cann't hide anything from goverment.
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthi
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    BG- What type of 'realities' you'd like to address? Whatever we earn is 'white' and tax is deducted appropriately.

India is not the only country where income is taxed. More developed nations than us do have a similar tax structure. It hurts us most because our earnings are very transparent
    Same here we cann't hide anything. I heard those who are working in MNC in India... their salary is very transperent they cann't hide anything. Whatever allowances they are getting it is shown in their salary slip also.. so they cann't hide anything from goverment.
    Not for all employees for middle and lower level staff its like that it might not be the case top level management. All the increment will be on variable only BPO`s hike the salary only on the varaible component not on the BASIC

Senior Member Senior Hubber Fire111999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is going from tax to black money!
    ~~~Believe. Just saying - I can do it, can give surprising results. ~~~

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

~~~ Check out the painted hand elephant!~~~

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does TAX tax IT people ?

Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy

A major part of our money that we earn after a tiresome month ... goes to the IT ... Are we IT ians really concerned whether this money is really been used ? or does it go to someone elses pocket !
    bingle: The tax rates are same for everyone. If you make more you pay more. People in IT sector make more than people in other areas like education, government etc. It is called telescopic rate. People at the bottom pay less or nothing.
    The tax you pay goes for funding the army, air force,navy,educational institutions, road building etc. There may be waste. I don't think there is any pilfering of tax money. I will give you one example of how tax money comes back to the citizens.
    When I was engineering student, I paid Rs 144 a year for tuition. But the government, I was told, spent Rs 10000 a year on me. Suppose the government decided to transfer the entire burden to the student only the super rich would have gotten an engineering degree those days. The IITs and government colleges are also funded from tax money. Income tax is a necessity. Be happy they brought it down from the top 85% !
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good point out Raj .... but does all ppl who mint more money pay proper taxes ! Sorry Sir ... No .... think about Business ? the undigestable fact is they would earn more than anybody else.... but pay tax less ! coz everything is in their hands...

but salaried ppl cannot escape from anybody ! ofcourse those who get low sal need not pay ! there are some ppl who study working in an org getting stipend but still liable to pay taxes !

Wat about actors,financiers ??? do they file their taxes perfectly ? except a few ?
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    bingle: All who earn are expected to file income tax returns. What you describe relates to enforcement by the income tax dept.
    In the US even waiters and waitresses in restaurants are expected to report the tips they get. If the government is serious they can make everyone pay their share of taxes.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bingleguy,

Everyone is liable to pay tax, question is whether one can hide his income or not.

In India self-employed (non salary class) can easily hide their Income. But it is becoming more and more difficult. Many steps are being implemented by the Govt. PAN card is the baseline for this. Govt is also forcing banks and other financial institutions to keep track. Another step being contemplated is simplification of Tax laws. Already it has been enormously simplified for salaried employees

<1 Lakh - no tax
    1 to 1.5 - 10%
    1.5 to 2.5 - 20%
    2.5 and above - 30%

Also there is Tax rebate for investments upto 1lakh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12