Page 110 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    Aaranya Kaandam.....is this the best tamil movie ever made?? atleast for Noir genre, its simply the best........."best thing abt being a woman is its a men's world" - those are firsts in tamil movies i suppose.....also not a single scene playing to the gallery like medley music/dance amongst poor/handicapped/mentally desolate/one-eyed artistes, beggars or tasmac philosophy song or any of pudhumai endra peyaril kodumai, vanmai, penmai, kan-mai, yadartha-padartha-siddhantham........

the chase scene just after interval shot is just explosion of a new wave cinema.......

Exactly

Waiting for DVD out soon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    happened to watch a crap called rebel in half hour FF mode this Tamanna was smoking hottttttt

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yesterday watched parts of GABBAR SINGH in a bus travel..
    Pawan kalyan looked like a full time joker..
    now OSTHI is a far better film..

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think i pulled a sensitive nerve when I made that comment on myskin being over rated. Ivlo periya methaigal irunthuma i was trying to say that myskin and tarantino are similiar not in their story telling but in fact how they use camera as a tool in story telling-rathu puriyala.

etho en observation, enakku thonathu sonnen. Mathabadi naan evlo periya genius paar, naan mattumthan nolan lynch tarantino perlam use pannuven ivan yaaru panrathuku appadinu ninaichellam post pannala. Purinja sari.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    kAsE dhAn kadavuLadA (Muthuraman / Lakshmi / Sirikanth / thEngAi / Manorama)

From childhood watch in theater, I only remember the "trick-filled-song" mellappEsungaL piRar kEtkakkoodAdhu...

That way, though this is technically the second time, it's almost like first-time

What a fun-ride!

Lot of moments!

The radio announcement prior to mellappEsungaL lists "virumbikkEtta nEyarkaL"...and one of them is "Palakkad M S Viswanathan"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, Looks like you have lot of free time. Pazhaya padam thedi pudichu paarpeenga pola
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    App, Looks like you have lot of free time. Pazhaya padam thedi pudichu paarpeenga pola
    2 more weeks until wife comes back from India...moreover, some of these films were marked for watch during this "vacation"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    Aaranya Kaandam.....is this the best tamil movie ever made?? atleast for Noir genre, its simply the best........."best thing abt being a woman is its a men's world" - those are firsts in tamil movies i suppose.....also not a single scene playing to the gallery like medley music/dance amongst poor/handicapped/mentally desolate/one-eyed artistes, beggars or tasmac philosophy song or any of pudhumai endra peyaril kodumai, vanmai, penmai, kan-mai, yadartha-padartha-siddhantham........

the chase scene just after interval shot is just explosion of a new wave cinema.......
    nalla print irukkungala? PM pliss

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    VEEDU
    - watching it after very looong time.. don't remember anything from my previous watch...
    - liked it very much.. could have been a happy ending
    - film is more like a poetry.. & it is the reality of 80's
    - though i was living in most part of the 80's.. i don't remember much.. but i love the 80's world more than 90's & 00's.. here BM takes us through the streets, in the bus, canteen, office etc. set in the later part of 80's (1987-88)
    - IR's bgm.. lovely
    - liked BM's camera work & the way he expresses the emotions in visual.. less dialogues
    - compared to these kind of films.. present day zig-zag camera works & fast cut edited films are kuppai..
    - now life has come a full cycle.. present day need is also building/buying a apartment / house & the prices are soooo high.. in the film they build a house estimated for 1.25 lacs.. & now it is almost 40 to 50 times more.. & they sell a ground for 35000 Rs.

youtube links for the interested..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    VEEDU
    EXCELLENT. Watched/will watch it several times. Each watch is a new lesson to me. You can say its an encyclopedia of film making. Indha madri lam cinema ippo eduka yarum illa. BM visuals are always a treat. I think you are aware the BGM is from "How to Name it" album of IR.

12:06 - How to Name it
    24:51 - I met Bach in my house (@ 2:28 into the composition)
    31:00 - Do anything (starting bit)
    39:19 - How to name it
    50:00 - Do anything
    01:13:15 - Don't Compare
    01:29:43 - How to Name it
    01:34:24 - How to Name it
    01:36:20 - Do anything
    01:40:01 - Unknown (sounds like "You cannot be free")

Even now when I visit India, this music "Do Anything" automatically plays inside me whenever I see half finished red brick houses. Thats the impact this film has on me.

My Special Respects to the Old Man Character (M.A. Chokkalinga Bhagavathar).

Got it on VHS. (If I get a chance I will screen this movie officially).
    Last edited by mappi; 16th October 2012 at 03:20 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India