Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Deepauk's articles on Tamil Films in Chennai Times

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow!..Its you eh!...I enjoyed it without knowing that kambali - coater has writter it.

Enjoyed the whole article. But the Malasiya vasudevan part stands out.
    Last edited by Saai; 18th April 2011 at 10:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Groucho- One of the reasons the piece ended the way it did is because of how little anguish there seemed to be in public discourse over MV's passing. I was quite sad when I heard and it seemed like, apart from a few other souls on the internet, few people were bothered.

Saai - Thanks. ReNdaavathu avaLO pudikkalayaa? I re-read it last night and it does seem very under-articulated.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes camfli. I mentioned before - the second article is middling but let that not stop you. You are entitled to your odd neengaL kEttavais.

Having taken a rather under-commented peg(asago vs 3 face), I thought enough justice wasn't done to the comparison plus it seemed a piece from your memories of asago and 3 face. Such articles almost demand specific points of comparison from the movies themselves. In that sense, a little underwhelming. But then how much more can you mine from the comparison remains a question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum - It needed to be concise and I doubt very many people would have wanted to read specific scene similarities. Thematically they are quite different as I've pointed out. The idea was that it is purely a superficial similarity.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real nice. Esp. the first one.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Complicateur, thank you for providing another one of your article
    Unfortunately I have not watched Moondru Mugam.
    What I do want to comment on is your style of writing, certain parts really stood out for me:
    your description of a star in your intro
    your description of the scene with Chitti with that detailed look of Rajini's star powered gestures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Compli,
    Another good one on 3M & AS. I could enjoy the article though not seen 3M (heard about Alex Pandiyan, though).

Most folks commenting here are more of TFM fans than TF fans and hence, IMO, the stronger connection with the first one than the second.

You should hear from some HCKHFs & HCRKFs to judge the impact

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Compli, முதல் கட்டுரையை வாசித்தேன். நன்றாக இருந்தது. முடிவுரை நெஞ்சைத் தொட்டது. இவர்கள் மூவரையும் ஒரு சராசரி ரசனைத் தளத்திலிருந்து ரசித்து வந்த ஒரு சராசரி ரசகனான எனக்கு உங்கள் கட்டுரையில் சில எதிர்பார்த்தது கிடைக்கவில்லை. ஏசுதாசைப் பற்றி சொல்லுகையில் அவரது குரல் வெளிப்படுத்திய சோக ரசத்தின் தனித்துவம் முக்கியமான ஒன்று. அது கட்டுரையில் பதிவுச் செய்யப்படவில்லை. இலங்கை, திருச்சி வானொலி ஒலிபரப்பில் என் ஜீவன் பாடுது, ஊரைத் தெரிஞ்சிகிட்டேன், கண்ணே கலைமானே, வாழ்வே மாயம், ஏரிக்கரை பூங்காற்றே, சின்ன சின்ன ரோஜாப் பூவே என நிறைய பாடல்கள் மக்களால் தொடர்ந்து விருப்பப் பாடல்களாக.. "ஏசுதாசின் சோகப் பாடல்கள்" என மலிவுவிலையில் நிறைய நந்தி கேசட்டுக்கள் எண்ணற்ற எண்ணிக்கையில் தமிழகம் முழுவதும் எண்பதுகளில் விற்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. அவரது கர்நாடக இசைப்புலமையால் மேன்மையடைந்த பாடல்களின் தாக்கத்தை விட இதில்தான் ஏசுதாஸ் தன்னை அழுத்தமாக அடையாளப்படுத்திக் கொள்கிறார் என்பது என் பார்வை. ம.வாசுதேவனை பற்றி எழுதும் போது, " " என்ற கல்யாண ராமன் பாடல் குறிப்பிடப் படவேண்டிய ஒரு பாடல். அந்தப் பாடல், தமிழகம் முழுவதும் அவர் பெயரை போஸ்டர் அடித்து ஒட்டி, பிரபலமாக்கியது. ஒரு வெகுளியின் காதலை ஒரு பாடகர் தனது குரலால் இந்த அளவுக்கு வெள்ளந்தியா பாடியிருக்க முடியாது.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    K_G, App, Querida- Thanks.

Venkkiram - I'm not really of the opinion the KJY's sad singing was particularly more evocative than other two - Possibly why I didn't make the point. I had to try and differentiate the two through my filters and my experience with KJY, also due to my Malayalam influences, is that he was the first voice that introduced me to Carnatic music (even TMS etc... came later). Regarding Malaysia Vasudevan, I agree his voice mutability should have been captured. An earlier version mentioned the C.S.Subburamanesque Suga RaagamE and Kaathal Vanthuduchu as well but I wanted to make a personal note on his passing so I discarded those portions in favor of the current last paragraph.
    Music

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of nit-picks

Venkkiram,
    ஏரிக்கரை பூங்காற்றே is not a pathos song
    One of the relatively fewer "playful" KJY numbers.

Compli,
    It is C S Jayaraman and not Subburaman

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast