Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1268

Thread: ~~ Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Apps, Hottest Models ~~

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Vithagan, these kind of comparisons are a joke, seriously. When 4S released, similar cartoon was made comparing the fone with a real brick

Btw, NFC in a smartphone is a very good/advanced tech for Financial transactions, i mean, replacing the current Credit cards which are swipe based. Its cheap too. Infact there are microSD cards which come with inbult NFC which can be used with Android Phones! So even if you don't have NFC, you can add it easily.

Problem is at Merchant side. So, infact Android itself curently don't support NFC for Financial transactions. Till then, there are alternative uses.

See this article -> The most practical, creative ways to use NFC with your Android device

http://howto.cnet.com/1770-5_39-0.ht...ognames=How+To
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    NFC - many many merchants in the states support this. I was disappointed that iPhone 5 did not come with NFC. And NFC has many capabilities, not just using it to pay at stores.
    NFC'la ivlo vishayam irukka.. interesting...
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Wow sakala, note 2? How much was it? rombO vasathiyO
    Ada pOnga Nerd Neenga Vera rendu moonu assured commitments kkaaga vaangi irukken! ellaam antha S-Pen based apps development kku thaan! pucherla intha fone ai vechi ennennamO pannanumnu idea irukku, paappOm! Its retailing around 38K! I got it on EMI with zero processing/interest.
    Last edited by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar; 11th October 2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Vithagan, Like Nerd says NFC somewhat widely used in most developed countries, USJapan/SG etc.. But Merchants has to buy new devices, which is the bottleneck till now. Otherwise there are many use cases.

This video explains them - NFC Tags & Android fone

Me worked on NFC payments and e-ticketing, in past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vithagan, Like Nerd says NFC somewhat widely used in most developed countries, USJapan/SG etc.. But Merchants has to buy new devices, which is the bottleneck till now. Otherwise there are many use cases.

This video explains them - NFC Tags & Android fone

Me worked on NFC payments and e-ticketing, in past.
    Its tempting to buy NFC enabled MicroSD & NFC tags.. to try it out
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Post Thanks / Like
    Vithagan, They r available but lots of thalai valis there too! Guess they shud get cleared in coming versions...

One company DeviceFidelity makes it. But again there aren't drivers for all phones. Ethu senjaalum specs alasi aaraainjitty seunga!

Post Thanks / Like
    Vithagan, They r available but lots of thalai valis there too! Guess they shud get cleared in coming versions...

One company DeviceFidelity makes it. But again there aren't drivers for all phones. Ethu senjaalum specs alasi aaraainjitty seunga!
    Ok, thanks for the heads up. Will wait for reliable products to hit the market.
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=563893

உலகில் 600 கோடி செல்போன் உபயோகிப்பாளர்கள்

ஜெனிவா: உலகில் தற்போது வரை செல்போன் பயன்படுத்துபவர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை 600 கோடியை எட்டியுள்ளதாக ஐ.நா., தொலைத்தொடர்பு ஏஜென்சி தெரிவித்துள்ளது. ஐ.நா., தொலைத்தொடர்பு ஏஜென்சி இன்று வெளியிட்டுள்ள அறிக்கையில், கடந்த 2011ம் ஆண்டு இறுதி கணக்கின்படி, உலகில் செல்போன் பயன்படுத்துபவர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை 600 கோடியை தொட்டுள்ளதாக தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இது, தோராயமாக 100 பேரில் 86 பேர் செல்போன் பயன்படுத்துகின்றனர் என்பதை குறிப்பதாக தெரிவித்துள்ள அந்த அறிக்கை, சீனா மட்டும் 100 கோடி செல்போன் உபயோகிப்பாளர்களை கொண்டுள்ளதாகவும் கூறுகிறது. மேலும், இந்த ஆண்டு இறுதிக்குள் இந்தியாவும் 100 கோடி செல்போன் உபயோகிப்பாளர்களை கொண்ட நாடாக மாறும் எனவும் அந்த அறிக்கையில் தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cardboard instead of metal

http://news.yahoo.com/cardboard-bicycle-change-world-says-israeli-inventor-090732689.html

MOSHAV AHITUV, Israel (Reuters) - A bicycle made almost entirely of cardboard has the potential to change transportation habits from the world's most congested cities to the poorest reaches of Africa, its Israeli inventor says.

Izhar Gafni, 50, is an expert in designing automated mass-production lines. He is an amateur cycling enthusiast who for years toyed with an idea of making a bicycle from cardboard.

He told Reuters during a recent demonstration that after much trial and error, his latest prototype has now proven itself and mass production will begin in a few months.

"I was always fascinated by applying unconventional technologies to materials and I did this on several occasions. But this was the culmination of a few things that came together. I worked for four years to cancel out the corrugated cardboard's weak structural points," Gafni said.

"Making a cardboard box is easy and it can be very strong and durable, but to make a bicycle was extremely difficult and I had to find the right way to fold the cardboard in several different directions. It took a year and a half, with lots of testing and failure until I got it right," he said.

The bicycles are not only very cheap to make, they are very light and do not need to be adjusted or repaired, the solid tires that are made of reconstituted rubber from old car tires will never get a puncture, Elmish said.

"These bikes need no maintenance and no adjustment, a car timing belt is used instead of a chain, and the tires do not need inflating and can last for 10 years," he said.

A full-size cardboard bicycle will weigh around 9 kg (about 20 lbs) compared to an average metal bicycle, which weight around 14 kg.

The urban bicycle, similar to London's "Boris bikes" and others worldwide, will have a mounting for a personal electric motor. Commuters would buy one and use it for their journey and then take it home or to work where it could be recharged.

He said that as bicycles would be so cheap, it hardly mattered how long they lasted.

"So you buy one, use it for a year and then you can buy another one, and if it breaks, you can take it back to the factory and recycle it," he said.

Gafni predicted that in the future, cardboard might even be used in cars and even aircraft "but that is still a way down the road."

"We are just at the beginning and from here my vision is to see cardboard replacing metals ... and countries that right now don't have the money, will be able to benefit from so many uses for this material," he said.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got so excited with this cardboard news and was talking about it in the lunch room. There was this gentleman (whom I've seen from time to time to be aloof and quiet) who talked to me that he too read about it and got thoroughly impressed.

Now I got another "AhA" moment when this lunch-room-co-worker explained his background...

Since this is an IT center, I associate all with IT as the main current occupation (though many have got electronics / telecom and other engg background).

This man too has a bachelors in ECE from India, works in IT for the last decade...but did his MS here in chemical tech. ("I wanted to learn something different") and is now doing his PhD in "bio medical sciences" (DNA samAchchAram)...:surprised:
    Last edited by app_engine; 16th October 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber mareen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got giften an ipad 3 recently. Loving it.
    Supports VJ's new beginning

Oru Nal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZLrR9jfUc