Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of spirituality and pOli sAmiyArkaL

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Quote Originally Posted by harishkumar09
    the only authentic
    No offence meant to you or Mr Jaggi, but can you please highlight in what way he is the "only" ?

Also, while it's very easy to define 'pOli' sAmiyAr (means hypocrite - preaches one practices the opposite), it's not easy to define a real sAmiyAr (please refer the prior pages here or other related threads in this forum).

Since you're claiming someone to be "authentic", does it mean he sincerely believes in what he teaches and is also honestly trying to put them into practice? Even if that's true, that alone cannot make an individual automatically a "spiritual guru / sAmiyAr"

IMO, a decent percentage of people do the same in various walks of life (including tons of moms in the kitchen, for e.g.)
    Well is not the "only" one, but among the gurus I know he seems authentic. As I said he never advertised even though he has been in this spiritual career for almost 20 years. He was never seeking for attention. Also as sakalakal vallalar points out his relationship with ladies is open and there are many other such small things which gives an impression of genuinety.

And I am not offended as I am neither his follower nor admirer, but I admire his honesty, and he looks like a good fellow.

As far as spiritual realisation he is like 99% of gurus , advaitic level of realisation, which is basic spiritual realisation and has not gone beyond that and like everybody in the world takes it to be the highest level of realisation. Well that is the choice he has made and good for him. Thats fine. He looks somewhat relaxed and unforced, something I don't find in Sri Sri Ravishankar(sometimes,not always). I have not met the kind of ppl who you see around SSR , who make some astounding claims about him. The followers of JV seem level-headed and I have not heard them eulogise their guru like the followers of SSR do. This has got something to do with how he deals with his followers. May be when he is as popular as SSR we may find the kind of adulation around him as we see around SSR.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My statements about Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is neither a recommendation nor a defence of him. Nor is it a request/advice for anybody to become his follower.

If you follow him or his methods of Yoga and come to grief as a result of it, I am not responsible for it.

I just gave my opinion.

They are not to be taken as absolute facts.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dinamani.com/edition/stor...Name=Tamilnadu

Police registering case against kAmiyAr.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nithyanandanukku oru neethi; poojyasri-ku oru neethi-ya?????

My views on the Nithyanandam issue:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...054350#2054350
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like
    எல்லாம் சரி, எங்கே ஒளிந்திருக்கிறார் இந்த காமியார் இப்போது?

Post Thanks / Like
    The organizer of the filming seems to have come out in the open :
    http://news.in.msn.com/national/arti...&ucpg=2#uc2Lst

No signs of kAmiyAr coming out in the open yet...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the beginning I thought you misspelt "sAmiyAr" as "kAmiyaAr"!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    In the beginning I thought you misspelt "sAmiyAr" as "kAmiyaAr"!

N: kaami ranjithaa kadavai thiravaai

R: hm hm hm maatten uLLe vida maattene

N: thaagadhu ammaa thaamadham nee seivadhu

(with due apologies for A.M.Raja, Jikki and others ! )
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by harishkumar09
    I think at present the only authentic well known guru would be Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. I have known him for around 20 years --- I am not his disciple --- since my college days. One good thing I like with him is that he never advertised. I attended a lecture of his in Madras University in 1992-93. After that he left my radar. I was surprised to see him again in a website when the internet age arrived. But even then his presence on the internet came very late.... and only now he is popular , though he was into this for the past 20 years. I think he is authentic. I sometimes even have doubts about Sri Sri Ravishankar , there are some rumours about him on the internet, but he looks above board as of now, but I think Sadhguru is a decent fellow.
    What is authentic abt them?..I mean Im not sure...U goto a civil engineer for constructing a home - now if he is having illicit relationship with a lady ....he becomes unauthentic?

the basic question is "what we expect from someone?" - if that is satisfied- he should be authentic for us right.What u expect from sathguru jakki vasudev is noway related to his personal life.

Now these guys were behind nithyanandha for long - because they have been benifitted by him in one way or other.Just because he was having illicit relationship with others - will those benifits fade away?

Unless he has raped someone or murdered someone - I dont think this argument holds any water.
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast