Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Azhagu devathai-JOTHIKA

Junior Member Junior Hubber Miami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thread title says it all. Azhagu Thevathai....
    Only her good looks save her. Not her acting skills.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Kollywoodfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think that's true...I mean she can't be compared to the likes of Simran and other powerful actresses, but she did have talent of her own.

I think she's more cute than gorgeous, but she definitely had a few mindblowing, memorable performances to her credit, even tho they were all towards the end of her career.
    Condolences to family/friends of Heath Ledger: a rising star, whose life was tragically cut short

Post Thanks / Like
    >> I mean she can't be compared to the likes of Simran and other powerful actresses.

Why not? After all, in popularity , number of films acted and the salary, she was comparable to the other actresses. So why can't her talent be compared ?

>> she definitely had a few mindblowing, memorable performances to her credit,

You mean Chandramukhi finale? Among the 30 films she acted, one scene in one film can turn a below average into mindblowing actress? When you say "towards the end of her career", you ackowledge she requires 30 films to develop some talent.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Kollywoodfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I'm not playing Jo's advocate here...and I agree with you to some extent.

I'm just saying that Jo's success was not ONLY based on her good looks. Look at how many good-looking people could not survive in this industry despite being attractive. There had to be something else sustaining her.

In addition to Chandramukhi, she has had SOK (emotional wife), PKMC, and Mozhi. Have you seen those?
    Condolences to family/friends of Heath Ledger: a rising star, whose life was tragically cut short

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just good looks does not make one survive in the industry. As far as new actresses great acting talents are not expected by many of the public. And Jothika was not acting in award kind of movies
    Even for actors we does not look for great acting talents many times where the industry is hero oriented.

Some of her facial expressions, mannerism, etc.. were quite interesting and unique and it attracted many, though they may not be natural.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    Some of her facial expressions, mannerism, etc.. were quite interesting and unique and it attracted many, though they may not be natural.
    Interesting point .I agree .Normally most of the actors have their style in body language and dialogue delivery ,so we can see mimicry artist can mimic them and we can easily identify ..But when it comes to actress ,not much have unique style (For most of the actress ,same person rended voice) ..Even though Joythika also had dubbing voice she differentiated in her body language .Only few actress like Banumathi ,SarojaDevi had a unique style which can be identified when others mimic ..I think Jothika comes into this category.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Post Thanks / Like
    >> Some of her facial expressions, mannerism, etc.. were quite interesting and unique and it attracted many, though they may not be natural.

That's what exactly I am trying to say. THEY WERE NOT NATURAL. Somebody who cannot act naturally is not a good actor/actress. They might require years of experience to come to a certain level. Until then, "rasigargal" have to put up with their "acting" and just enjoy their looks! That's how I tolerated Jyothika all these days!

In a scene in "Mayavi", the heroes friends comment to Jyothika , straight at her face like this - 'Simran rocked Tamil Nadu all these years. But fans don't like you very much. They say that you over-act'. I suppose it was not just a dialog, they really meant it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there's no denying tht Jyotika too rocked Tamil cinema!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ofcourse!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    jo'vukku oru thread'aa
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality