Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Marriage Vs Arranged Marriage

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    see, in our system, the love gets strengthened because of the parents rejection. '

The couple starts realizing "how much they love each other" only after they got married. Until then, they were not given a chance to measure the strength of their love. Their calculation is wrong as they miscalculating. That is the bigggest draw-back in our love marriages.

They really dont understand each other but they think they do. The biggest problem is, if they have some misunderstanding after marriage, the folks are going to blame them rather than helping them!

Imagine a situation like this:

this is just like trying to work on a problem going exactly against your Indian prof suggestion or will or way. When you fail, he is going to blame you all the way. when you win you are going to get into his bad book! At least here it is one against one!

But I think our kind of love marriage is worse than an arranged marriage as it involves "two people" and "folks"!

If they live together and see how it goes and break up if necessary then the success rate may be more. well if we are going to do that v r going to end up losing our culture and what not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Bitter truth is that Love marriage will bring more misunderstanding btw in-laws than the arranged one's...

even small petty matters.. may erupt as a volcano

if any problem arise.. parents alwaz pip-point saying "neeyae thaedikita life dhana?"
    Heavenly ~ Newzealand

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rasana Ketta Mummy Daddies..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikkonen
    Rasana Ketta Mummy Daddies..
    What do u mean?

They chose ur partenre WITH UR APPROVAL (even in arranged marriage)

WHY BLAME THEM FOR RASANAI?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hi
    Bitter truth is that Love marriage will bring more misunderstanding btw in-laws than the arranged one's...
    hyprocricy and EGO on part of parents

if any problem arise.. parents alwaz pip-point saying "neeyae thaedikita life dhana?"
    IF THEY DO THAT,,,,,,,,,

ITS VERY VERY CHEAP on htem.

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chumma timing irukkumnu, oru dialouge eduttu vutten..
    Kavuntiruhci..
    Sorry...

Kalyanam ana udane, i will come here, and share my views...

Post Thanks / Like

ntr........... :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    * They chose ur partenre WITH UR APPROVAL (even in arranged marriage)

* arranged marriage means ITS PROCESS of how to get married. Its almost like........... choosing ur partner based on what is OFFERED......... OR MARKETED
    What are you saying, Shakthi, exactly

Have you seen the success of "love-marriages" in western civilization where POVERTY is predominant and TOO MUCH of FREEDOM is given

Almost 90% of women are single-mothers as they slept with an irresponsible guy for FUN in their teenage. The ENOUGH FREEDOM they had helped them to become a single mother !!!

Is that what you WANT in the name of freedom

You have to be MORE careful when you are given freedom. Because you dont have anybody to blame but yourself!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stranger your example has more to do with morals than freedom or independent marriages...your reply seems very far-fetched from what SP has posted. I agree that what you say is true but I doubt too much freedom is the problem, moreso it's not having self-control, self-respect or prudence all that comes with a sense of strong morality...which unfortunatly people lack....are there not single wayward mothers (just for your example..not all single mothers may be abandoned by husband or widowed) in India or anywhere else...are there not orphans? Maybe there are less single mothers due to family able to support them or remarriage or the need to support themselves wholly is not as prevalent as it is here for single mothers.

I remember a study that revealed single/teen mothers also are a result of broken homes or ones where they do not like living with mom and her boyfriend-of-the-week....so that they think if I had my own family I would have someone of my very own to love....so the next guy who's nice to them is the "one" and their child is her second chance....but at what cost? Sad yes but not because of freedom but lack of support of family and uneven upbringing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Q: I used "freedom" in the sense that freedom of "go for love" and then "go for marriages" as you wish!

* The parents can not guide you here as they are unaware of the kids attitude and they dont understand what is "love marriage" really means here.

* because the parents are married by arranged. So they are lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    aS SUCH i am 100 percent AGAINST arranged marriage and its concept.
    See, what is the meaning "love marriage" according to SP as she is 100% against arranged marriage

How is she exactly suggesting to choose one's parner in the Indian environment

Tell me what you have understood!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast