Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Who gives a True Picture of "Periyar"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anticrap
    If some people are so convinced by varna system,then why don't we reverse the varnas, and let the brahmins do the dirty work for the next 2000 years and let the dalits occupy the top of totem pole?
    Well, if it makes things better, the latter is already happening now isnt it, tks to the reservation system?
    And no, I dont believe tat wat sumone is supposed to do shud be decided by birth.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsath
    If a powerful element like caste system has to be eliminated then, nothing short of a revolution can achieve it and that is what EVR attempted.
    But do we see wat he attempted or wat the outcome of his attempts were??
    This was the outcome:
    He did NOT succeed in abolishing the caste system out of TN (it is very much still there) but instead in reversing the poles, ie., merely making one caste (or groups of castes) become superior to wat was formerly a 'stronger' caste. In this case, the feeling of caste discrimination remained, only the other way round. And again, he did not break the domination of ALL the then 'stronger' castes & the discrimination they practised but jus ONE particular caste. How then, can this be applauded as a complete success? TN is not at all a caste-less state (wich wud sound contradictory if the reservation system exists in the 1st place!)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anticrap
    If some people are so convinced by varna system,then why don't we reverse the varnas
    See you need to realize that you are responding to someone who has never born and brought up in a situation where, a beautiful young girl can be an easy prey to a "higher class" (ironically "untouchability" does not protect her that is the pity here) as she happened to born as a harijan. She does not have any right. She can be raped by animals and the animals can get away with it since she is a harijan.

We cant use filter in the HUB to isolate people those who hardly know about the cruelty in the caste system! But you can EASILY SEE the IGNORANCE from their posts - if you are intelligent enough to see the insensible argument

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Periyar did not succeed in abolishing the caste system. So were many people before him who took a stance against the caste system. In the list of people who fought against the caste system, his movement has made the largest change.

Coming to think of it all reformers who attempted to eradicate the no so good elements in Hinduism have not been successful within the framework of the religion.

Starting from the likes of Buddha to recent ones like RR Mohan Roy all had to branch away from Hinduism in order to get their message across.

S probably the caste system will stay as long as Hinduism flourishes.

Reservation – oooh a very touchy topic and lambretta you could start a separate thread to discuss it (if you so desire).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    He did NOT succeed in abolishing the caste system out of TN
    Fine!

as you are from AP, who is ruling you for the past 30 years???

Only kammaa or reddy! Am I correct???

TN is ruled by

Rajaji

Kamaraj

Annadurai

Karunaanidhi

MGR

Jeyalalithaa

Panneer selvam

None of them belong to a same community. That has not been achieved in our neighboring state like AP. Note: None of the CMs of TN belong to the community of EVR!

Do you see the change?????

Tell me when Kamma-reddy ruling is going to come to an end in your state???

we have already made great progress!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    stranger: Here is a more complete list:

http://www.tn.gov.in/tnassembly/cmlist-1920.htm
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, raj!

Post Thanks / Like
    1 Sri.Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy 01/11/1956 11/01/1960
    2 Sri Damodaram Sanjivayya 11/01/1960 12/03/1962
    3 Sri (Dr)Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy 12/03/1962 29/02/1964
    4 Sri Kasu Bramhananda Reddy 29/02/1964 30/09/1971
    5 Sri P.V.Narasimha Rao 30/09/1971 10/01/1973
    President's rule 10/10/1973 10/12/1973
    6 Sri. Jalagam Vengala Rao 10/12/1973 06/03/1978
    7 Dr Marri Chenna Reddy 06/03/1978 11/10/1980
    8 Sri Tanguturi Anjaiah 11/10/1980 24/02/1982
    9 Sri Bhavanam Venkataram 24/02/1982 20/09/1982
    10 Sri K.Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy 09/01/1982 09/01/1983
    11 Sri N.T.Rama Rao 09/01/1983 16/08/1984
    12 Sri N.Bhaskara rao 16/08/1984 16/09/1984
    13 Sri N.T.Rama Rao 16/09/1984 09/03/1985
    14 Sri N.T.Rama Rao 09/03/1985 03/12/1989
    15 Dr.Marri Chenna Reddy 03/12/1989 17/12/1990
    16 Sri N.Janardhana Reddy 17/12/1990 09/10/1992
    17 Sri K.VijayaBhaskara Reddy 09/10/1992 12/12/1994
    18 Sri N.T.Rama Rao 12/12/1994 01/09/1995
    19 Sri N. Chandra Babu Naidu 01/09/1995 14/05/2004
    20 Dr.Y.S. Rajshekhara Reddy 14/05/2004
    ----------------------

Lamby:

Why only Reddy and Kammaa rule you?

Why only forward community deserves to rule you all?

When are you going to get democracy in your state?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="anticrap"]
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS
    Well, the point here is that everything is decided by birth while the individual has no control over what he wants to do.

If some people are so convinced by varna system,then why don't we reverse the varnas , and let the brahmins do the dirty work for the next 2000 years and let the dalits occupy the top of totem pole?
    After all somebody has to do the dirty work.
    The point I am making is that for someone to occupy the "top" of the totem pole, another has to occupy the "bottom." It is irrelevent who is occupying the top or bottom, or for what reason; all that matters is that such positions exist to begin with. Furthemore, you cannot fully level the playing field; even though most countries today offer free education, and cheap housing, every society has its share of poverty. Logical analysis next leads one to ask, what can be done with such people? In the final analysis, the best solution is to offer them some kind of work. What kind of work you offer them is irrelevent. What you can be sure of is that they will most likely be doing low-wage jobs which the higher classes in society have no incentive to do. Now you can promise their children a better future, but as I said in the last post, this will not eradicate poverty. That is why there are 30,000 homeless people in the US today. Now, I challenge you to tell me what the difference is between a homeless Westerner sleeping under a bridge, eating from a soup kitchen, and using the latrine facilities of public places, and a shudra in Manu's day? Do you think the Western fellow feels better because the law says he can do whatever kind of work he chooses? Do you think he feels better because the law does not explicitly label him "shudra"? The law does not require a single employer to hire him! These are the homeless; I did not mention those who live in housing projects, the thousands of children in orphanages, those living in trailer parks, etc. Now some here are arguing that poverty is due to discrimination. But I disagree. As I said before, poverty is the result of having a class-based (or caste-based) society. There is no point in blaming Manu for this; he simply offered a reasonable solution. Do not forget, while India had varna, the rest of the world had slavery!

Senior Member Regular Hubber srivatsan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS
    There is no point in blaming Manu for this; he simply offered a reasonable solution. Do not forget, while India had varna, the rest of the world had slavery!
    I accept that not all in the society are same and an all-equal-scociety will only lead to its own destruction...

But Manu's socail justice for Shudras are completely objectionable....if you want I can show you Manu's cruel words..against Shudras...
    DHARMO RAKSHATHI RAKSHITHA:

A typical Indian Cultural forum! www.samskruthi.org

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast