Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IS ARR - A FORGOTTEN HERO???

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ARR - NOT a Forgotten Hero

Quote Originally Posted by irfansong
    Hi Folks,
    ARR had said that he'll do music only with Indian instruments here after. This is after swadesh's hit. Lets see if he gives more swedeshi numbers.
    IRFAN!

IS THIS TRUE ? DID ARR SAID THIS REALLY ?? I DONT THINK SO.

THIS IS ABSURD. AGAIN WHY HC-IR FANS WANT ARR TO FOLLOW THE SAME TREND WHEN IR WAS DOING FOR DECADES..... LISTEN TO IRUVAR, KC, SANGAMAM, MEENAXI & SWADES WHICH PROVES HOW VERSATILE AND EXPERIMENTAL IS ARR.

IF USING ONLY INDIAN INSTRUMENTS & COMPOSING ONLY FOLK SONGS IS CALLED DESAPATRU THEN I REALLY HATE THIS MENTALITY.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUNT MISS SWADES ON STAR GOLD AT 1:00 PM ON 15TH OF AUGUST......DO YOU HAVE A MOHAN BHARGAV IN YOU????

i was just watching making of swades programme on Star gold.......yeh jo des hai tera is being constantly flashed in that channel.....wonder,if they had done half of the publicity when the movie had released and SRK had shown a little more interest in it than veer-zara then movie wud have been a gr8 hit..........

ARR has a big heart really- to see a song like "yeh jo des hai tera" going to the drains ....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    no maddy...............arr is not forgotten.but he is down a bit.but he is still number 1 at present.

the thing is he is not as high as he was in later 90's.

its similar to sachin's form.sachin may not play well for 2 or 3 matches ...but he is still best batsman in the world.............in fact people have the mentality to say arr songs were good even if they sound bad

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nilavupriyan, I think you forgot Alai payudhey, KK, Boys, KM, KKS, Swades, Lagaan, Legend of Bhagat singh, Meenaxi, Bose.....(the list goes on) released after 2000. So saying ARR is down is saying IR was down in 80s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alias
    Nilavupriyan, I think you forgot Alai payudhey, KK, Boys, KM, KKS, Swades, Lagaan, Legend of Bhagat singh, Meenaxi, Bose.....(the list goes on) released after 2000. So saying ARR is down is saying IR was down in 80s.
    in last five years you can hardly mention only 10 films for arr.........but i can mention 50-60 hits for ir 80-85.

that too in boys,km,kks,meenaxi were flops.......u must not say music director cant make a film run..........then how did ir made all mohan films and ramarajan films run.

do u think just giving 9-10 hits for half a decade is a great achievement?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, the reason that I mentioned 10 films is that, he has scored only that many numbers of films and IR has scored hundreds of films and all u can give is 50-60. Wow that clearly shows how ARR is way ahead of IR even in his peak period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alias
    Dude, the reason that I mentioned 10 films is that, he has scored only that many numbers of films and IR has scored hundreds of films and all u can give is 50-60. Wow that clearly shows how ARR is way ahead of IR even in his peak period.
    what do u mean..........why cant arr compose those many number of films?did anyone catch his hand?

even someone will compose wonderful music just for one film and say that he has got 100% success as all his movies are superb(1 film)

similarly arr had done only few films as if he try to do so many films as ir he would fail

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Last week i got to listen to sachin's music- all songs were okk types but when i heard "Vaadi vaadi" song i couldn't help myself dancing to the song........no wonder ppl. love such songs and it was not "in-and-out" dappankuthu........it had touch of class too.......so wat u guys think , shuld ARR also start giving such songs....cos i dunt see any wrong in it.......he is afterall there to give wat ppl. want isn't it??
    u r correct.... Vaadi Caadi song was nice.. it had some dppankuthu with a mix of class.
    i think ARR should giv songs like that.... hold on ....... i dont mean songs like Vaadi Vaadi or Manmadarasa.....
    Can u guys remember Kathalan... i bet u can.... thaose songs had a kind of dappankuththu mixed with some unbelevable class only ARR can com up with....
    i think it's time ARR comes out with somthin like Kathalan

jus my comments....
    remember that am one hell of a ARR fan
    hehe
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123