Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: A R Rahman - Live in Concert - 29 Dec 2012

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean in rehearsal? Wish it doesn't rain and spoil everything
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How was the concert? Why no reviews yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Rahman Live in Concert - Dec 29, Chennai 2012

My first Rahman concert - I had one thebest evenings EVER.

It had been raining here all day and I was worried if the show would happen at all. Thanks to Master for holding seats for myself and Ram, we got seated at about 4.30PM in the Rs 5000 block, the seats before us (Rs 10000) was about half empty and started filling in slowly. The organisers sent some of the empty chairs from the 10000 to the 5000 and 3000 blocks, with the rains tormenting us now and then the worse thing happened. At around 6.30 the 10K block started filling in rapidly, some of them seemed genuine ticket holders while others did not. The event management nor the police were checking who was getting in, all these people came in, stood and blocked our view totally. Guru Saravanan came in a bit late and couldn't find a seat. By 7PM the downpour got real heavy, Ram got drenched fully but all he wanted was the show to begin.

It did, though with a surprise song/poem in Udal Mannuku.. As it ended Thalaivar emerged singing Unthan desathin kural, we were all screaming/singing at the top of our voices with him.. He seemed to be in some sort of trance while that song ended but after a brief silence the guitar strumming began and it was him crooning Elay Keechan.. Crowd was in a sing along frenzy to my surprise (since it is a relatively new song from an unreleased movie).. Fabulous!

There were a lot of songs which everyone enjoyed, I've tried to pick some of the moments of the show below

Dissapointment of the show: Hariharan performing Kadhal Rojave (Rock Version), he neither knew the lyrics nor seemed to care, sang Hindi lyrics in the 2nd charanam. Chitra ji humming and harmony was notable and pleasant.

Surprises of the show: Show had a lot reworked thalaivars songs in short medleys. First part of that was performed by Hariharan and Mano which was good, my pick was the ones by Benny Dayal and Karthik. They both rocked with their performances, best was Athangari Marame repackaged with a zingy groove (hear it to believe it) Karthik nailed it. The other notable pleasant surprise was the choice of Thee Thee by Neethi Mohan with Ranjit Barot doing the Jathis, very well done. 5 songs from Kadal were performed, people were singing along fluently as if they had heard it for ages

Goosebumps Moment: The guy on the guitar went berserk when this song started, he put on a show for a minute and then the famous, goose bump inducing strumming began with the harmony going ooh ooh ooh yeah yeah friendship, then he sang - that was the moment I had goosebumps, the whole crowd began to sway and got united in chorus for most parts of the song.. Moment of the night for me.

Showstealer: Has to be Sid Sriram with his powerful performance of Adiye, he was just too good I guess the only time the crowd went 'once more, once more'. There was an improvised humming in between (by Shakthisree I think) which was nice too.

The whole show had great production value and the LCDs in the stage had amazing graphics, something you have to watch in person for I feel TV wouldn't do justice to it. Overall, I enjoyed the show so thoroughly that I decided not to miss any more concert from now on.

Jaya TV

Stage Design and Production Team

A R Rahman Love you!

PS: Jaya TV had irritating ads for their soaps during the breaks, something the crowd could have done well without
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good write up satish. Glad that you enjoyed the show.
    Did Rahman speak. Is he still crowd shy?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satissh_r View Post
    Showstealer: Has to be Sid Sriram with his powerful performance of Adiye, he was just too good I guess the only time the crowd went 'once more, once more'. There was an improvised humming in between (by Shakthisree I think) which was nice too.
    have been reading the same from almost everyone who went to the concert in twitter; so happy
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome moment when #rahman touched Benny Dayal's head during the line "vazhukkai thalaiyan thiruppadhi pona, take it easy policy" !
    lol
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah he did, lot of one liners in between songs. Before the unplugged with Chitra ji he said pls pardon me if I make mistakes, I'm just learning it (harpeji), typical of him. Also, he remarked about the Delhi victim and said it is a sad day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by directhit View Post
    lol
    Yeah it was one of those spontaneous things which made us all laugh

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R.Rahman Concert Review: ARR brings the storm
    Dec 30, 2012

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-...-30-12-12.html

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's magudi magudi performed by ADK??

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast