Pick #446

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow07/vizhi_ksn.rm

Song: vizhigaLil kodi abhinayam
Movie: kaN simittum neram
Singers : SPB, Chitra
Lyrics: ?
MD: VSNarasimman
Year : 1988

If you can stand Karthik's hammering and well , Ambika, KSN is a fairly engrossing thriller. Sarath kumar was also in the cast and i believe he was also the producer of this film. I watched this film in CBE and there were only 10 of us in the theatre hall, that too in the second week of its release. It looked like a private viewing for us 10 friends. Going by this i could say the film failed at the B.O.

VSN bg music was pretty impressing. Songwise todays pick is an excellent number. I remember 3 other songs. 2 of them are solos by KJY and PS and the last one a rauncy item song by MV and chitra.
Truly a fantastic fantastic composition - a separate class of LIGHT MUSIC OF THE FANTASTIC KIND (thank you, VSN sir) - this is the best of Post MSV era of light light music.! More like a Sankar G song or ChandraBose or VKumar song. Chandrabose has the "Ravi Varman Ezhuthatha" kalayo (Jesudas / PS) the closest IR has to these 2 of rhthmic songs without much heaviness is : Vaan nila Then Nila

Redeems faith in the greatness of Indian film music. Oscar will not be wasted on Rahman!!!!