Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of spirituality and pOli sAmiyArkaL

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When people adore somebody, fall in their feet, shower money etc, that somebody happily accepts "publicity" and doesn't crib about not having privacy etc, isn't it?

You cannot have the cake and eat it too.

If you want to be a celebrity adored by public and worshipped by millions, say good bye to privacy. Very simble

If someone wants a reasonable amount of privacy, let him not "open the door"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I am afraid that doesnt extend to the bedroom, app.
    To some extent, yes, if you are in public life, be prepared for loss of privacy. But you cant barge into someone's bedroom quoting that logic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    But you cant barge into someone's bedroom quoting that logic.
    True, Plum.

However, this character is supposedly practicing celibacy

அதோட "கதவைத்திற"ன்னு வேற லட்சக்கணக்கானவர்களுக்கு உபதேசம் கொடுத்திருக்கார். அப்படி என்ன தான் இருக்குன்னு ஒரு க்யூரியாசிட்டில போயிட்டாங்க போல

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    These things happen because the matadhipaths of the traditional hindu religions (shankaracharyas, saiva's) no longer speak the language of the masses and are enconsced in practices and activities which masses are not able to relate to.

If the traditional swamijis went around enquiring about the kind of questions the ordinary people have and answer them and try to answer them, people will not go after these self-styled gurus.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    I am afraid that doesnt extend to the bedroom, app.
    To some extent, yes, if you are in public life, be prepared for loss of privacy. But you cant barge into someone's bedroom quoting that logic.
    Yeah, the saamiyaar should fight for his rights. I am sure he is going get quite a bit of support.

Let us see what he does next.

He is more like God himself. Why cant he fight and win???
    This is a very big world!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think at present the only authentic well known guru would be Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. I have known him for around 20 years --- I am not his disciple --- since my college days. One good thing I like with him is that he never advertised. I attended a lecture of his in Madras University in 1992-93. After that he left my radar. I was surprised to see him again in a website when the internet age arrived. But even then his presence on the internet came very late.... and only now he is popular , though he was into this for the past 20 years. I think he is authentic. I sometimes even have doubts about Sri Sri Ravishankar , there are some rumours about him on the internet, but he looks above board as of now, but I think Sadhguru is a decent fellow.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by harishkumar09
    I think at present the only authentic well known guru would be Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. I have known him for around 20 years --- I am not his disciple --- since my college days. One good thing I like with him is that he never advertised. I attended a lecture of his in Madras University in 1992-93. After that he left my radar. I was surprised to see him again in a website when the internet age arrived. But even then his presence on the internet came very late.... and only now he is popular , though he was into this for the past 20 years. I think he is authentic. I sometimes even have doubts about Sri Sri Ravishankar , there are some rumours about him on the internet, but he looks above board as of now, but I think Sadhguru is a decent fellow.
    I would say, if you go on the path of seeking a Guru - then put him to all the tests like Swami Vivekananda did to find his Guru. Doubt is like a sharpened knife that is the only weapon that a disciple has got. Any guru who insists on lowering the knife before interacting is someone who is a fake.
    Remember the scene from 'Enter the Dragon' when Bruce lee teaches a kid kung fu and after a training combat and it is time to go, the disciple bows his head taking his eyes off and bruce lee hits him in the head and tells - 'never let your gaze move away from the opponent' - Even if it is your trusted Guru - be always open to doubts, cultivate them pose them - Only a true Guru would be able to face all the doubts and come clean.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by harishkumar09
    the only authentic
    No offence meant to you or Mr Jaggi, but can you please highlight in what way he is the "only" ?

Also, while it's very easy to define 'pOli' sAmiyAr (means hypocrite - preaches one practices the opposite), it's not easy to define a real sAmiyAr (please refer the prior pages here or other related threads in this forum).

Since you're claiming someone to be "authentic", does it mean he sincerely believes in what he teaches and is also honestly trying to put them into practice? Even if that's true, that alone cannot make an individual automatically a "spiritual guru / sAmiyAr"

IMO, a decent percentage of people do the same in various walks of life (including tons of moms in the kitchen, for e.g.)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    கொலை, கொள்ளை, காமலீலை, கற்பழிப்பு என்று சாமியார்கள் அவ்வப்போது மாட்டுவது எல்லா ஆன்மீகவாதிகளையும் அவர்கள் மேல் மக்களுக்கு உள்ள மரியாதையும் கேள்விக்கிரியாக்கி விடுகிறது. ஆனால், இந்தியா என்ற ஆன்மிக நாட்டில் பல ஆத்மசாதகர்கள் வாழ்ந்தார்கள், அவர்கள் இப்போது அரிதாகி விட்டாலும் சிலராவது இருக்கிறார்கள் என்பது நிஜம்.

இந்த சமயத்தில் சத்குரு ஜாக்கி வாசுதேவ் நடத்தும் ஈஷா யோகா மையத்தை பற்றி எனக்கு தெரிந்த சில:-

காமம் தவறு என்று இங்கு போதிக்கபடுவதில்லை. இங்கு சாமியாராக வரும் ஒருவர், எதிர் பாலில் உள்ள அதே போன்ற சாமியாராக வரும் இன்னொருவரை விருப்ப மனம் புரிந்து கொண்டு ஆசிரமத்திலேயே வாழ அனுமதி உண்டு. ஜாக்கி அவர்களும் இல்லற வாழ்வு வாழ்ந்தவர்தான். அவர் மனைவி சில வருடங்கள் முன்பு, ஆசிரமத்திலேயே, தன விருப்பத்துடன் ஜீவா சமாதி எடுத்துக்கொண்டார் என்று தகவல். இவர்களுக்கு பிறந்த மடலும் அந்த ஆசிரமத்திலேயேஇருக்கிறார்.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    while most of the saamiyaars do not, or pretendt to keep away from ladies, jaggi wears jeans and coolers, and holds hands of pretty womans and dances publicly. another point of genuinety.

i dont know about other saamiyaars but hen it comes to isha yoga, all the money / fees they collect are given a bill eligible for Section 80C tax exemption

i too am not his follower but has a hope on him
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast