+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

Hi,

Can someone post the video of the superb waltz "yaaradu yaaradu thangamam" from "En Kadamai". it's a great no by TMS and PS and with fabulous musical interludes by MSV-TKR combo.

Quote Originally Posted by s ramaswamy
    Hi,

Can someone post the video of the superb waltz "yaaradu yaaradu thangamam" from "En Kadamai". it's a great no by TMS and PS and with fabulous musical interludes by MSV-TKR combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJ8j5Tz8g4
    (the opening conversation not included)

Nakkeeran: whether azhagenum oviyam inge song for MGR and V.Nirmala?
    Somehow, I felt KJY mis-pronounced many words ezhudhiya, iru vizhiyil, kiLi mozhiyil... mostly with La and Zha :-)
    Also I feel, PS sounds bit tired, may be she was not well on the recording day or so. Catching the 2nd line of charanam-2 "nee endhan thalaivan endreNNum" after Vazhum sarithiramE, she looks exhausted. This is MHO. NOM :-)
    Anyways, lovely duet.

Kadhal raajiyam enadhu ( Mannavan vandhaanadi )

SN23, I think KJY had this problem all along despite possessing high quality voice ! May be , he could not master tamil ops:

SOTD :

Another NT movies of the 70s.

JJ is the pair I think. Story not known but has some good songs

Chose the SOTD for the horse riding rhythm maintained throughout the song !

TMS in full form with a royal voice while PS is all grace as ever !!

Nice rhythm arrangement with solid chords support . Cheers to MSV for this different approach.
    ANd nice lyrics by Valee . Seems like a well metered song

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/...eGS.As1NMvHdW/
    Next super star KIREEDAM is for Ajit. ADHU

Good duet Nakkeeran. We also feel the horse-ride while listening to this song. Manjula is the heroine of this dubba film :-) Sivaji acts like a half-baked mental person in this film, I guess.

Ketadhum kodupavane krishna ( Deiva magan )

[tscii:40dc02dc4f]As his face is impaired like his Dad, the son Kannan is made orphan but he grows under a noble man who is in death bed . With tears rolling in his eyes & worried becaz , that old man was the only solace & guardian to Kannan.
    A beautiful sitar based song tuned by Mellisai Mannar for NTís ever famous Deivamagan .one of the best movies of NT .

Wonderful lyrics as ever , typical of old movie !

Each sentence with Krishna Krishna is an indication of another song well metered.

thaayidam vaanzdhadhillai krishna krishna
    thandhayum arindhadhillai
    oridam nee koduthai krishna adhai
    ulagathil vaaza vidu

Cheers to TMS , the royal singer who gives his life to the song ! Amazing singer that he is !!

As he completes the song with a sitar flourish , the old man gets up , partly recovered !

Nice song again

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/d/...0jd.As1NMvHdW/

[/tscii:40dc02dc4f]

Quote Originally Posted by SN23
    Good duet Nakkeeran. We also feel the horse-ride while listening to this song. Manjula is the heroine of this dubba film :-) Sivaji acts like a half-baked mental person in this film, I guess.
    lovely song..yes horse riding with manjula
    ' thingal oru kannil kulir thendral maru kannil..super lyrics vaali
    sorkathil kattapatta thottil ' TMS solo good one too
    jayasudha NT Sivaji ganesan's sister in the movie
    thanks

Neela nayanangalil ( Naalai namadhey )

The magnificent success of Yaadon Ki Barath created waves in tamilnadu also I was told. Even MGR was tempted to go for a remake & it became NALAI NAMADHE !

2 aspects I could imagine >>> MGR was concentrating more on politics . Besides, he didn’t get some good themes to his liking & hence might have played safe by remaking a super hit hindi movie

Interestingly, USV was also released during this period & there must have been race between 2 movies but this NN is no match for USV . Wonder how MGR released 2 movies in short span bcaz keeping a gap between 2 movies has been his strategy always .

Anyways , the movie fell short of expectations bcaz the hindi movie was superbly performed by Dharmendra , Tariq and Vijay Arora.

MGR, though he played Dharmendra’s role, also went for another character as the senior guy didn’t have the typical MGR role nor the love songs. So, apparently, he took another role also ! though one must admit that he was well above that age group. See the video & u will realize what I say.

The songs of YB were superhits & hence must have been a real challenge for MSV but true to his class & greatness, he came out with some outstanding songs with wonderful orchestration. All were original tunes & equally matches with YB.

Today’s SOTD is one of my evergreen MGR-MSV comination songs .

Interestingly, MGR has used Jesudas as he must have realized now that TMS is ageing & he needed a youthful voice for love duets ( but he continued to TMS for kolgai songs is another matter ).

The PS-KJY combined duet is a real beauty of a song >>> the tune is scintillatingly set with nice , pleasing lude arrangement.

KJY's youthful voice is well matched by the golden voice of PS

Kanavu en vandhadhu
    kadhal thaan vandhadhu
    paruvam polladhadhu
    pallikolladhadhu

Melodious song !

Watch the beautiful song here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuQOcRuQ-vs&NR=1

Thennai Ilan Keetrinile ( Aandavan Kattalai )

Can Amaidhiana nadhiyinile orchestration be bettered ?

the VR duo effortlessly achieve this task

out of the world interludes - particularly do not miss the flute

Even without seeing the movie one can visualise the heroine getting back her memory in the course of this song

For TMS and PS an emotional song is 'ALVA SAAPPIDARA MAADHIRI'

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/posti...=newtopic&f=31
    TFM GOLDEN PERIOD - 30s TO MID 60s

Nee oru kodi malar koodi ( Bama rukmani )

[tscii:e2a2cd1fc3]
    The early years of Bagyaraj saw some compositions from MSV . The movie has 2 female lead characters , obvious by the title ! One by Radhika & another woman .
    While he loves that woman, he is forced to marry is relative >>Radhika. How he manages ( struggles ) to run the show is all fun .
    MSV has tuned a beautiful melody & the song also has nice lyrics , more of poetic in nature which I like very much.

SP Balu & SJ are too good in this song .

The ludes are lengthy & sitar beautifully used ! So also MSVís customary flute delicate touch . The tabla rhythm is another interesting thaal adding colour to the song .

Nee oru koadi malar koodi uruvaanaval
    ezhil uruvaanaval
    Nee palar koodi pugazh paada uruvaanavan
    enn uyiraanavan

Uvamaigalaaley dhamayandhi azagai
    pugazetrinaan oru pulavan
    Kavidhaigalaaley dhasarathan maganai
    uruvaakinaan oru kavignan
    Uvamaigal ellam uyarndhavai alla
    unn eazhil munnaley
    Kavidhaigal ellam unmaigal alla
    unn pugaz sonaley