+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

Re: Thendral varum sedhi varum ( Palum pazamum )

Quote Originally Posted by Nakeeran
    What a pity , this nice song by PS is missed out in the movie Palum pazamum !

Having seen the movie many times, I never imagined that there is one such speedy number which has missed the bus !

Atleast, it could have been used in another movie Bhimsingh Sirrrrr

A song to be heard purely for the tabla & the golden voice of PS !

I bet, this would have been equally popular with the likes of Alayamaniyin osayai or ennai yaar endru .

Ok. It doesnt stop us from listening to this song no ?!

And here it is :

http://www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=181115
    beautiful choice nakeeran poetic lyric voice tune everything thanks but
    i can only imagine what it will be like..
    not included in the movie ! :cry3:

nice one nakeeran.. "thenral varum"

It should come after Shivaji proposed to SD and she looks away with vetkam towards the camera...

I used to view this song in my mind immediately.. :P
    chinna rasa

Aayiram penmai malarattume ( Vaazkai padagu )

This peerless number appears in the S.S.Vasan ( Gemini Studios & founder of Anandha Vikatan ) produced Vazkai Padagu wherein GG and Devika form the lead pair. The rousing start with a big group of violin playing the prelude to a lengthy duration says it all about the evergreen song !

The tabla sound , the rhythm & the tune all give a feeling of a Punjabi number !

Only P.Susheela Madam can sing at that high pitch also maintaining the sweet melody !

The words Mannavane aaanalum etc etc midway, bringing the pace to a halt is another nice arrangement .

Oruthiyin nenjam oruvankendre sol sol sol, thozi sol sol sol !

Finally, the chorus further add melody to the everlasting song of the 60s.

http://as01.coolgoose.com/music/song...f4442c7e8f828b
    Next super star KIREEDAM is for Ajit. ADHU

repetition deleted

Manaattam thanga mayilaatam ( Aalayamani )

A song used by the late K.Shankar to introduce the heroene SarojaDevi to the main hero NT for this great movie .

While NT makes a vist to his estate, while driving his jeep, he comes across this lovely THULLAL song which attracts him totally !

What attracted me is the thundering tabla for the pallavi & then the song well settles down quickly but the song runs at high speed .

Who else those days ? It was none other than PS Madam only to come out with yet another outstanding number !

Sendirukkum adhu vandirukkum adhai
    kandirukkum kangal vandhir
    ukkum !

Kavignar Vazga

http://ww.smashits.com/player/ra/ond...ayer.asp?31064

Maan thorana veedhiyil ( Paattum baradhamum )

Nadigar Thilagam plays the role of a dance exponent & his pair is JJ. This movie of the 70s have some wonderful songs like Karpanaikku meni thandhu etc but I chose this as our SOTD for the mild melodious duet by the TMS-PS combination .

Starts in a very simple manner but moves to a higher scale during charanam . A catchy tune with simple orchestration and a nice one for the ears !

I believe , it was regular in the air those days.

http://psusheela.org/audio/ra/tamil/...aresong352.ram

HAI FRIENDS,
    BEING A NEW HUBBER I AM VISITING THIS FORUM ONLY NOW. NAKKERAN, YOUR PICKS ARE WONDERFUL, REALLY TAKING ME TO MY SCHOOL DAYS IN 60S AND 70S.
    I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURATE MSV SONG SUNG BY HIMSELF. I DONT KNOW WHETHER IT APPEARED ALREADY IN THIS FORUM AS I COULD NOT READ ALL THE PAGES. IT IS A SONG FROM THE MOVIE ' VAAZHVU EN PAKKAM' - MUTHUTAMAN & LAKSHMI MOVIE. THE SONG IS - THIRUPATI MALAYIL ERUNGINDRAI THIRUNBUM POZHUDHEY NINAIVU VARUM. MSV IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS IN MORE GAMBEERA KURAL IS REALLY STUNNING. PL WRITE MORE ABOUT IT IF YOU HAVE NOT COVERED IT BEFORE.THANKS

IT ALSO HAS EXCELLENT LINES - IDDUKKAN VARUNGAL SIRIKKA SONNAN, ENIMEL VARUVADHU NALAM ENDRU. OH, WHAT WORDS. CAN I GET THIS SONG IN ANY WEBSITE. AS FAR AS I SERCHED I COULD NOT FIND.

Moondrezuthil en moochirukkum ( Deiva Thai )

Watch this puratchi song from the super movie Deiva Thai wherein MGR plays the role of a police guy .

This great song appears when he is kept momentarily in jail but look at the cheer & style & the manner he delivers the song !

This song is a real beauty for 3 aspects :

a. Superb tune by MSV-TKR & orchestration especially the ludes of guitar
    b. Wonderful lyrics
    c. Nice picturisation

Andha moondrezuthil en moochirukkum
    adhu mudindha pinnalum pechirukkum
    ullam endroru oorirukkum
    andha oorukkul enakoru per irukkum
    KADAMAI ADHU KADAMAI

Padhavi varumbodhu panivum varavendum thunivum varavendum thoza

Anbe un annai, arrivey un thandhai
    Ulage un kovil , onrey un devan !

The movie has some scintillating songs - Oru pennai parthu, vannakili sonna mozi etc

One of the best albums of MSV-TKR with Makkal Thilagam .

Watch the song here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMFcDzqM0PY&eurl=

Hi Smart S

Thanks Actually, I refer to my elders & take notes from them about the movie, song situation & then hear it , then post it.

U are most welcome to put your favourite song also.

For the list of songs already appeared, please go to page 1 of this thread where U will see a link in the first post. Click it and U will get the entire list !

+ Reply to Thread