+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

Senthamiz padum sandhana katru ( Vaira nenjam )

Another song of the unbeatable TMS-PS combination featured in a Shivaji Ganesan movie of the 70s. I heard that this was a Sridhar directed movie .

And this song was super hit I believe. Listening to it makes me vouch instantly ! Beyond doubt, it has a lovely tune & the famous MSV melody well intact.

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=116592
    Next super star KIREEDAM is for Ajit. ADHU

Dear Jilaba,

Thanks for the info on MSV. I am happy to learn that he is recouping. Hope he comes back with renewed musical energy.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jilaba
    Dear Murali sir,

Our beloved Mellisai Mannar undegone for a heart by-paas surgery at Ramachandra Medical college hospital. Operation was done successfully yesterday (Jan 17, 2007) morning at about 10.30 and he is getting cure now.

Doctors adviced to stay in hospital atleast 10 to 15 days, and should take complete rest at home atleast for two months.

Let us pray for his speedy recovery.
    Dear Jilaba...

You have exactly translated the news what I read in Tamil newspaper.

Thanks for the information to all.
    Anbudan.. Saradha Prakash

Aayiram kannukku virundhagum ( Oru Thaai Makkal )

A week end song of Thalaivar from Oru thai makkal featuring MGR and JJ. This movie is after the bullet wound & you can see that his voice is broken .
    This movie also has another beautiful song - Kanna endhan kadhalan !

To the SOTD , it may look simple but the tune is a lilting melody . Its once again the great TMS solo doing wonders with his customary improvisation here and there . There is also a solo PS version which will be equally good.

Happy week end

http://as01.coolgoose.com/music/song...1c02f5ba101de6

Azage vaa aruge vaa ( Andavan kattalai )

College Professor Nadigar Thilagam Shivaji watches from a distance , his class student Devika joyfully taking a dip in a beach & look at his reaction ! For someone who had been practising bachelorhood & moral restraint earlier gets so stunned by such a situation and every inch of his body reacts.

The situation seem to intentionally provoke the professor to stop his preachings about bachelorhood & instead live like a family man !

P.Susheela Madam once again comes up with a splendid performance with vocals exactly matching with that of Devika's !

And the tune & ludes , beautiful & crafty from the duo

http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=57406

Moondru thamiz thondriyadhum unnidamo ( Pillayo pillai )

If you imagine that this song is for puratchi thalaivar , dont be surprised becaz its for Kalaignar Muka's first son Muthu's first movie :shock:

Written by kavignar Valee ( the favourite lyricist for MGR for long )

Movie was released in 1972 when the political situation in TN was too hot

I believe MGR , on hearing this song called Valee for a breakfast one day and after providing breakfast , asked him , if its really appropriate to write so !!

Moondru thamiz thondriyadhum unnidamo
    Nee moovendhar vazi vandha mannavano !! ( normally such lyrics were written by MGR only )

Naangu gunam serndhadhu or pennidamo
    adhu nadai pazagi vandhadhenna ennidamo

I have watched a couple movies of Muthu & amazed becaz, he was absoutely copying MGR style on every aspect !

Forget the politics and the scenario that prevaled then, this song is an eternal classic of Mellisai Mannar sung by TMS and PS .

IMO, this song can be well grouped under a classical song .

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=178288

[tscii:cd4a97a01b] š ؾ šĢ ɡá
    Ļâ ¡â ǧ¡ ¢
    Ȣ ɢ
    Ƹ 󾦾 ɢ

Ƹ .. ͺġ, á Ǣ ɢ ͨ ȡ
    Ģ â ɢ ͨ¡ ȡ ¢

츣á ȡ ... (ɢ)
    츣ç š
    [/tscii:cd4a97a01b]

Vinnodum mugilodum vilayadum vennilave ( Pudhayal )

Whenever someone mentions about the name C.S.Jayaraman, all seniors immediately talk about this song only first !

Sung by Chidambaram S Jayaraman ( who also composed music for MRRadha's Rathakaneer ) and P.Susheela , this song is another evergreen hit of MSV-TKR

Infact, I have seen the song picturisation . Shivaji and Padmini running around in a beachside with a high level of enthusiasm and cheer.

Alai payum kadaloram ilamangal pole
    Vilayadee, isai paadee, viziyale uravadum inam kanalaam

Indeed a beautiful song .

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/...nXd.As1NMvHdW/

Nakeeran, "moondru thamizh" is a refreshing number in ragam "Charukesi" . PS and MSV at their best. Even in "thenaattam poi solla koodaadhu" song, the pallavi is very catchy and can be cherished even today

Quote Originally Posted by thumburu
    Nakeeran, "moondru thamizh" is a refreshing number in ragam "Charukesi" . PS and MSV at their best. Even in "thenaattam poi solla koodaadhu" song, the pallavi is very catchy and can be cherished even today
    Yes, that song is a fast beat...

"MeenAttam kaN koNda meenAtchi
    kObangal koodAthu kAmAtchi"

later, this song was the inspiration for the song by Rajan NagEndra..

"Veettukku veedu vAsappadi
    idhayangaL Asaippadi".
    Anbudan.. Saradha Prakash

+ Reply to Thread