+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

"Even now if MD's Try composing for Prewritten lyrics abiding to sandham this can happen."

BTW, Imann has recently said that he composed all songs of some recent film for pre-written lyrics. I found it hard to believe.

Rajasaranam & Vijayr
    As I see it a "virgin" lyric is "raw" with certain sandams that orginated in the mind of the lyricist. But IMHO it is the ingenuity of the MD that gives it life, especially when he splits and arranges them. e.g: "avaLLukkena azhagiya mugam...." from "server sundaram" as done by MSV-TKR.
    maanju

viswapriyan,

Accepted fully but my thought is when there is already some lyrics abiding to sandham its only a matter of permutation & Combination for coming up with a good tune. How well a MD does this is a question and MSV excells here for sure
    kalThOnRi ManThOnra kAlaththu munThOnRiya mUththa kudi thamizhkudinna, Muthal KolaigAranum avanAthana irukkanum! Olagathula irukra ella Thappum ivanthaan muthalla Senjirukkanum - Dr.Ilaiyaraaja

I am Geetha Priya from Chennai.

I have gone through your website about the Greatest Musician "Mellisai Mannar" M.S.Viswanathan and feel more happy and proud about that genious. Somebody in the Comments side, criticised about him. Let us ignore them. There is nobody need to give certificate for his talent because his evergreen songs proves what a great music director he is. There is nobody is here to compare with him, including Ilaiyaraja and A.R.Rahman. Especially in Re-recording he is uncamparable with anybody. He is a living legend of music and he never told himself that he knows everything about music (like some other musicians).

For the present musicians, there are great facilities of medias to make popular about them, like TVs, Private Channels, Vedio Cassettes, VCDs etc. But at the time when MSV was composing music, there were not even Tape Recorders or Radios in every homes. There was even not Vividhbharathi station in Radio. In Madras Radiostation, they will allot only 30 minutes in morning and 15 minutes in evenings for Film Songs. At that period his songs have been carried to the ears of Tamil fans through Radio Ceylon only. (Hats off to Radio Ceylon). Among the very rare availability of medias, his songs have become this much popular and evergreen means it is nothing but through his uncomparable talents. The songs of present music directors are very seasonal and not evergreen, including Ilaiyaraja's. I can prove by many ways. Yes, nowadays nobody is hearing the songs of Annakkili, 16Vayathinile, Sigappu Rojakkal, Uthiripookkal, Murattukkaalai....and so on. But they still attracted by the songs of uncounted MSV tuned films such as Pavamannippu, Aandavan Kattalai, Padakotti, Aayirathil Oruvan, Karnan, Puthiya Paravai, Kaathalikka Neramillai, Vennira Aadai, Ooty varai Uravu, Kudiyirundha Koil, Apoorva Ragangal, Ninaiththaale inikkum....and so on. Even in Re-recording also he is the king. Ilaiyaraaja's all 500 movies will go down under the re-recording of 'Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban' and 'Sivandha Mann'. I request the fans of other musicians to watch the re-recoding of M.S.Viswanatha'n films and other's films and tell the truth by their open heart.

Thanks...

Geetha Priya.

(Thanks a lot to Geetha Priya, for using her comments here adopted from other website).

nowadays nobody is hearing the songs of Annakkili, 16Vayathinile, Sigappu Rojakkal, Uthiripookkal, Murattukkaalai....and so on. But they still attracted by the songs of uncounted MSV tuned films such as Pavamannippu, Aandavan Kattalai, Padakotti, Aayirathil Oruvan, Karnan, Puthiya Paravai, Kaathalikka Neramillai, Vennira Aadai, Ooty varai Uravu, Kudiyirundha Koil, Apoorva Ragangal, Ninaiththaale inikkum....
    HE HE HE HE :lol: :lol:

MSV IS A LIVING LEGEND

MSV IS A MUSIC UNIVERSITY

MSV IS EMPEROR OF THE WORD MELODY

HE RULED THE MUSIC WORLD LIKE A COLOSSUS

THERE IS NO NEED FOR SOMEBODY TO CERTIFY MSV NOW AS HIS OUTSTANDING RECORDS PROVE FOR THEMSELVES

THOSE WHO COMMENT ABOUT MSV - THEY HAVE NO IDEA OR CLUE ON WHAT MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT / WHAT MELODY IS ALL ABOUT

ILAYARAJA IS ANOTHER TREASURE TO TAMIL MUSIC. ANOTHER GENIUS

THE ABOVE 2 HAVE LEFT INDELLIBLE IMPACT ON TAMIL MUSIC WHICH NOBODY CAN MATCH OR COME CLOSE TO THEM. NO NOT EVEN AR REHMAN

FINDING THE BEST SONGS OF MSV IS LIKE SEARCHING FOR PEARL OR FISH IN AN OCEAN

FINALLY, MSV IS WELL KNOWN FOR MELODY BUT HIS RE-RECORDING WAS NOT THAT APPRECIATED WELL AS DURING HIS DAYS, RE-RECORDING WAS NOT GIVEN PROMINENCE. IT WAS THE SONGS WHICH WERE GIVEN IMPORTANCE. OTHERWISE, HE WOULD HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB ON THAT ALSO.

FROM AN ORDINARY HUMAN BEING, MSV ROSE TO THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHEST STAGE IN TAMIL MUSIC. LETS HONOUR HIM .
    THOSE WHO DONT KNOW ABOUT MSV , BETTER NOT OPEN THEIR MOUTH . THAT ITSELF WILL BE A WAY OF HONOURING THE LEGEND

[tscii:7e4a7724e7](This is the comment of Thiru S.Balaji, which is brought from other thread, as it suits for this thread also)

Dear Karthik,

When Mr. Sanjeevi mentioned something strange about MSV … Ennudaya manasu migavum varuthapattadhu…. How so easily one can denounce / defame / destroy an individual…

Its really really sad… to read such postings…. with comments like that .. but urfortunately.. .this is a discussion forum and everyone will have the right to express their mind and opinion……though they sound absurd and ridiculous..

BUT MY HUMBLE REQUEST TO EVERYONE IS…. PLEASE PLEASE ANALYSE A PERSONALITY BEFORE MAKING A REMARK……
    Even MSV will not be affected by such postings of Sanjeevi but crores of fans’s hearts will feel the pain on reading such comments…….

MSV , from an ordinary assistant of another great Subbaiah Nayudu, rose to become one of the GREATEST MUSICIANS ever , Tamil Film industry had seen... AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO SEE ANOTHER MSV… OR FOR THAT MATTER… ANOTHER IR….

Yes, Karthik…. What you mentioned about BGM was absolutely right…. Those days with primitive and limited technology, MSV and TKR created wonders……..and there are countless number of movies where in they excelled in everything including BGM…
    Just wish to mention about NENJAM MARAPPADHILLAI…, ANBAY VAA….PUDHIYA PARAVAI……..ULGAM SUTTRUM VAALIBAN….

The list is endless.. Countless number of melodius songs….great interludes….with limited technology those days…..

Again, Mr. Sanjeevi, if you don’t know anything about MSV… better don’t comment .. you are only trying to wound the emotions of MSV’s fans… and MSV was always for his fans only… He is a mass entertainer…. MELLISAI MANNAR….The Undisputed king of Melody…

Those days… as Karthik rightly mentioned… the credit for a song will mostly went to the character who sang in the screen …. No one saw TMS or PS or SJ or PBS or AMR…or SPB…. Or KJY….
    No one saw its MSV or TKR or KVM …. They all saw MGR and Shivaji….and Kannadasan….

Today, we realize that those songs which were composed 40 / 50 years before are still fresh and melodious and one wants to hear them again and again…..ITS NOT DUE TO COPYING….ITS DUE TO MELODY, CREATIVITY, DEDICATION TO THE JOB…COMMITMENT ….TO GET THE BEST OUT OF LYRICIST, SINGER… ACTOR / ACTRESS…..

Wish to repeat what Karthik had posted earlier as he had precisely reflected what kind of emotions and feeling I was going through ….

"PAvam MSV.
    MusicnA enna, BGMnA enna, re-recordingnA enna, prelude, interludenA ennannu theriyAtha andRaiya rasigargalukku mathtiyil avar acheive pannittu poyitAr. AppO irundha 'maramaNdai' rasigargaL avaigaLai MGR padam, Sivaji padam, MGR pAttu, Sivaji pAtu appadeennu pArthAngale thavira, music pathiyum adukAga avar uzhaithadhai pathiyum therinjukalai.

AnAl ippO irukkinRa vivaramAna rasigargaL , MSVyin songs ippO ketkumbOthu 'adEyapA, appavE idhellAm pannitArA'nnu Achariyam adaigiRArgaL (sanjeevi ponRavargaLai thavira).

kAlathAl azhiyAtha avarudaiya padaipugaLE avar thiRamaikku sAtchiyAga nilaithu niRkum"

Lets salute the Senior Maestro MSV .. the LEGEND…..

[/tscii:7e4a7724e7]

Want to collect the hit songs during 1980s of MSV

Recently, I heard the songs from 1983 Saranalayam...

1) Indru Katrukkum Malarukkum Kalyanamam Ingu Ganakarun kuyilgal katcheriyam... by Malaysia Vasudevan and Vani Jeyaram
    2) Ezhudhugiral oru pudhukavidhai vanna iru viziyal indha poongodhai.. by Malaysia Vasudevan

Wow Fantastic songs... Lyrics so good... music is very apt...

Can we the collection of MSV hit songs which appeared during the period of IR. It is good to analyse how IR and MSV did differ in producing the music contemporarily....

Puyal

Few more songs...

From Pollathavan, 1980

1) Adho Varandi Varandi Villendhi Oruthan Ammamma Edho Edho sonnanamma.... by SPB, dont know the female singer... but very nice song.... when the female singer sings

From Enna Thavam Seidhen, 1977

2) Yedho Oru Nadhiyil Naan Iranguvadhai Pole Yedho Oru Inbam Nee Arughil Irundhale... by SPB and P.Susheela (I think)...

Let me know if the information is not correct...

Thanx
    Puyal

Re: Want to collect the hit songs during 1980s of MSV

Quote Originally Posted by puyal
    Can we the collection of MSV hit songs which appeared during the period of IR. It is good to analyse how IR and MSV did differ in producing the music contemporarily....

Puyal
    Puyal...

It will be an interesting analysis but as I was a witness to the rise of IR and end of MSV era.... it will be very sad to analyse... as IR was totally dominating right from the beginning... I mean from 1976 onwards.... IR infact scored around 40 movies in 1979 and 1980 ! while MSV was steadily declining...from the mainstream....
    IR's progression was arithmatic... while MSV was ( as it happens to all Greats... and which happened to IR as well in the late 90s) declining in performance...

Ok... My favourite pick of MSV during the IR era will be ... NINAITHALAY INIKKUM.... Amazing.... that MSV could produce such a melody in when he was almost over the hill....
    Ofcourse... the next one could be Varumayin niram sigappu.....
    MSV had in his kitty MGR and Shivaji movies....but after MGR becomming CM he lost that opportunity...
    Shivaji ..right from Deepam, Pataakathi bairavan, Vetrikku oruvan, THyagam, Naan vaaza vaipen, ...... were are taken over by IR....
    and MSV lost that as well....
    Only KB and few others used MSV....
    It was a new trend with giants like Barathiraja, Bagyaraj, IR, Balu Mahendra, Mahendran started taking the centrestage and its natural that the old order.... MSV , ShankarGanesh ... others had to make their way out....

BUT MSV IS MSV...

EVEN AFTER 50 YEARS.... HIS SONGS WILL BE HEARD....

+ Reply to Thread