+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv
    yes jai her voice is different .

also Nadhanai kandenadi (by PS) for lakshmi is another gr8 song in that movie
    Correct Rajesh. Nathanai Kandenadi is a wonderful dance number and PS did well as usual. Even "Maathennai Padaithaan" song by LRE(forgot the cosinger) and "thanjai periya koyil" are also wonderful songs.

Regards,
    Ragavan

gragavan,
    It is MR Vijaya along with TMS, SPB and LRE who sang "Maathennai Padaithaan". Incidentally this is very uinque song in which all 12 tamil months are used .

MSV & Ramamoorthy is revolutionist in TFM
    VANAM MELEA BHOOMI KILEA
    IDAYIL NAAMEDA......
    YAARU MEALEA YAARU KILEA
    YENNE KELVIDA??

While discussing the great melo's of Vi-Ra can any body forget the superlatively mellifluous number: "Anbu manam kanindha pinne accham thevia..." Aallukoruveedu - PBS & PS. Is it available online? Can some bosy help me please? I am yet to come across such a composition- IR&AR also failed me.
    maanju

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Reply to NOV:
    "musicindiaonline" did not contain the listing of "Anbumanam...." ALukoruveedu
    maanju

I remember in this topic or the other mentioning about replacing lyric of one song by the lyric of another song in different melody, something unique to MSV ; e.g: the song "veedu varai uravu..." by "maambazhathu vandu...". But did you know another unique feature of MSV's composition: Just with the first line of a song you can hum thru entire melody of a song; that is, first line in the lyric alone will fit the melody of second, third ,.... last line of the same song.
    Examples:

1. "andha maanai parungaL azhagu..." andamankAdhali
    2. "veedu varai uravu..." pAdhakAnikkai
    3."mAmbazhathu vandu..." sumaithAngi
    4."pAlum pazhamum kaikaLil yendhi..." pAlum pazhamum
    5. "chinna chinna Asai..." roja (this of course is ARR)
    maanju

Viswapriyan,

That cannot be attributed to MSV IMHO. Its the work of the lyricist to write a song in particular sandham for which MSV tuned. Even now if MD's Try composing for Prewritten lyrics abiding to sandham this can happen.
    kalThOnRi ManThOnra kAlaththu munThOnRiya mUththa kudi thamizhkudinna, Muthal KolaigAranum avanAthana irukkanum! Olagathula irukra ella Thappum ivanthaan muthalla Senjirukkanum - Dr.Ilaiyaraaja

The entire charanam of "poove iLaye poove" from Kozhi Koovudhu fits what Viswapriyan says. You can sing the entire charanam up until "inikkum thene..." with just the first line of the charanam. I had mentioned it sometime back in DF. The charanam of MSV's "chandrodhayam oru peNNaanadho" was taken for comparison, that can be sung entirely with just the first line of the charanam as well

+ Reply to Thread