+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

I was watching "Paava mannippu" in Raj Digital Plus (amazing channel!). Wonderful BGM work by MSV!!! Manidhan Maarivittaan song was made into a haunting melody without any accompaniments and used in the second half. The voice was not TMS or MSV. I wonder who it was? any ideas? The situation for "Silar Sirippaar, Silar Azhuvaar" was beautiful, so were the lyrics. MSV had done a neat experiment in that song. He had used the hindustani instrument of saarang in place of violin in the first interlude along with mridangam and tabela. The effect was moving and electric. On the whole a beautiful movie , wonderful songs (I deliberately left out Kaalangalil aval maargazhi) , crisp acting and superb BGM. A movie with stamps of MSV's genius all over it.

It was G.K.Venkatesh's voice ..

jaiganes Athan enathan &
    Paalirukkum were great numbers by PS from the same film

strange, I happened to watch GKV later in 'Mella thirandhadhu kadhavu' in KTV!! Thanks for the info rajesh. who sang along with PS in 'paalirukkum '? some one called sai or it was GKV again?

paalirukkum humming was by MSV himself

Cool Rajesh! thanks for the info.
    Beautiful melody, Beautifl lyrics and wonderful picturisation.
    Thanks to Raj Digital Plus . They can improve on their programming by advertising such movies when they telecast it though. Wouldn't want to miss such gems when they are on TV.

Jai,

Did u see 'Rajarajacholan' yesterday night on Raj Digital?? Hell of an acting from Sivaji Ganesan and liked Lakshmi's acting too..
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

yes it is a nice movie.
    music by Kunnakudi vaidhyanathan

yes!
    The tussle between Sivaji and Muthuraman in the movie inspired SPMuthuraman in Nallavanukku nallavan, with Rajini and Karthik. The music was very good. Particularly Aedu kondaanadi thillayile! especially when S.Varalakshmi starts singing. She has got a sonorous voice(G.Ramanadhan used that voice beautifully in Veerapaandiya kattabomman for the immortal song 'Singaara kanne'). Pity that she didn't sing that many for MSV.

yes jai her voice is different .

also Nadhanai kandenadi (by PS) for lakshmi is another gr8 song in that movie

Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    yes!
    The tussle between Sivaji and Muthuraman in the movie inspired SPMuthuraman in Nallavanukku nallavan, with Rajini and Karthik. The music was very good. Particularly Aedu kondaanadi thillayile! especially when S.Varalakshmi starts singing. She has got a sonorous voice(G.Ramanadhan used that voice beautifully in Veerapaandiya kattabomman for the immortal song 'Singaara kanne'). Pity that she didn't sing that many for MSV.
    yes jaiganes, she is a singer with unique voice. I too can trace only one song for Varalakshmi in MSV's music. "Pachai Killikoru". opps. one more song from Sivagangai Cheemai. It was Varalakshmi-JamunaRani duet, I guess.

Regards,
    Ragavan

+ Reply to Thread