+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 105 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

Madhavi pon mayilal..

We can dedicate this song to the late actress Padmini as well a brilliant dance performance and very beautiful lyrics by vaali

Malligai En Mannan Mayangum -

Nakeeran : Thnx for the song !
    RR, rra : the info you have given is quite interesting !

tfmlover : the write up about MSV ( the Hindu's site ) makes for very interesting reading - how he became a Music director; and that he had acted in a film when just a boy !

The movie is full of super hit songs but I chose this one as the kerala type drum beats and TMS's varthai jalangal adds an extraordinary punch to this song !

True. TMS at his peak. Effortless singing. Fast prelude and interludes and song finishes with kerala type drum. MSV stamp especially in VANNIN VARUM VILL POOL PURAVAM KONDAL IVAL
    VAYYATHODIAL INIYA PARUVAM KANDAL . same line will be repeated again with little improvement but adds glory to the song.

thanks for this rare gem.

ramesh

Nakeeran

Can yu post this ever green duet for the week end?

song: Engiroothoo aasigal
    film: Chandroothayam

clear example of how melody song can be composed. different style .

regards
    ramesh

ramesh

Hi guys...let me first tell that i am no expert on MSV's music but i have enjoyed his style of melodies though the sound recording of that time is abit hard for me to differentiate.

I have listened to MSV music for MGR films and i notice that he produces quite catchy tunes with abit more peppiness while for Sivaji films there is more of music techniques used. I would like to know besides these styles what other styles of music has MSV used for his films and the songs that have them?
    Hulksterodeiya mahimaiyaana blogai paarka vaarungal :notworthy:
    Dhanam an Insight

Hulkster

Besides MGR&Sivaji film he composed for Balachander/sridhar movies. He used western /folk/carnatic/hindustani etc. very difficult to tell in signle mail. I am giving some examples

Yaarantha nilavu: western type
    Thazhyaam poo mudichu: folk type
    Songs from the film karnan: Hindustani type.

EZHU SWARANGALKUL(aboorva ranganagal)carnatic flavour.

He used jazz kind of music for THEEDENEN VANTHU(ootivarai oravu)
    and VAARAVENDUM ORU POOZUTHU(Vennira aadai).

He created his own style or rather gave new style to TFM when he started his career. You can see the difference if you listen the songs composed in 50's and after arrival of MSV he gave new dimension with a mix of carnatic and light music.

just go through Lalgudi jeyaraman remarks about MALLIGAI song.That clearly shows MSV capability.

I leave to experts to clarify further.

regards
    ramesh

I leave to experts to explain further.

regards
    ramesh

I also believe he was the first to bring western style of orchestration to TFM. That was certainly innovative at that time.
    Hulksterodeiya mahimaiyaana blogai paarka vaarungal :notworthy:
    Dhanam an Insight

ENGIRUNDHO AASAIGAL ( CHANDRODAYAM )

SOTD : ENGIRUNDHO AASAIGAL ENNATHILE OSAIGAL

Movie : Chandrodayam

Singers : TMS - P.S.

Melody is the soul for music .

What I was cursing myself as SODHANAI now all are being looked at SADHANAI .

You know who said this ? None other than Mellisai Mannar about his days when he was associated with MGR for a song composing.

Well, for a song, MGR normally asked for atleast 5 tunes and he only finally decides the ultimate one.

DID ANY OF SUCH EVER FAIL ? It was 100% strike rate of MGR - MSV .

This song should be ranked as EVERLASTING MELODY OF PURATCHI THALAIVAR

Thanks Mr. Ramesh for pointing out this outstanding melody

http://www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=153590

Happy week end to you all
    Next super star KIREEDAM is for Ajit. ADHU

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    I also believe he was the first to bring western style of orchestration to TFM. That was certainly innovative at that time.
    Hulk : i agree with you on this, bcos thats my opinion also ! one cannot forget numbers like 'Jagame manthiram...siva sambo' from "NinaithaalE inikkum" which MSV also sang besides giving the music !

Great efforts Nakeeran . Keep it up.

Score a century . There are plenty of songs to share.

I will also contribute soon.

+ Reply to Thread