+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 105 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

Hi
    I am forwarding a mail from natha where he mentioned about same song in the LUDES OF MSV. Very fortunate to hear about song composistion from MSV in TV interview. He sang beautifully and he filled humming part when KD said I have no words .

Has anyone written about the the first interlude in Yaarandha nilavu, yen indha kanavu? TMSSivaji song? Also, did this song come earlier than any of the beatles songs? the guitar follow-up is way ahead.

This interlude is one of the top 5 rare and elegant instrumental bits i feel, the type unfortunately heard from no one else except from IR - that too, in his very very later years.

Very fortunate to hear about song composistion from MSV in TV interview. He sang beautifully and he filled humming part when KD said I have no words . Hats off to TMS for majestic singing.

ramesh

umaramesh, this seems like MSV/TKR' equivalent for the great golden classic song"Nee Unnai Arindhal" Thnaks.

Anbdu Nadamadum song - can a sentimental love duet get this strong and beatuiful?

THANGA PADHAKATHIN MELE ( ENGAL THANGAM )

5/9/06

Song of the day :

Movie : Engal Thangam
    Singers : TMS - P.Susheela
    Stars : MGR - JJ

The electrifying preludes & the interludes coupled with TMS giving the MGR touch is a real treasure .

http://www.musicplug.in/songs.php?movieid=441

I guess MSV is a master of accordion , an instrument which is virtually defunct now

Did ARR got inspiration out of this song !? I mean that Enna vilai azage ??
    Next super star KIREEDAM is for Ajit. ADHU

"தங்கப்பதக்கத்தின் மேலே
    ஒரு முத்துப்பதிததது போலே
    இந்தப்பட்டுக் கன்னங்களின் மேலே
    ஒன்று தொட்டுக் கொடுத்திடலாமா
    நீயும் விட்டுக் கொடுத்திடலாமோ"

"என்ன விலை அழகே
    சொன்ன விலைக்கு வாங்க வ*ருவேன்
    விலை உயிரென்றாலும் த*ருவேன்
    இந்த அழகைக் கண்டு வியந்து போகிறேன்
    ஒரு மொழியில்லாமல் மௌனமாகிறேன்".

Rare song . Interesting to note that MSV often used shenoy for duet songs effectively. I can recollect VAARATHIRUPAROO in Pachai villaku.

Just go through balaji writing about this song to know how complex composistion this one.

Thanks for bringing out this rare gem.

ramesh

[tscii:7d4cb1a6e2]Hi everyone

I am forwarding balaji write up again for the benefit of new comers.
    i

its one of the toughest lyrics to compose tune as there will be different rhythms or rather no consistent rhythm ( which normally will be the basis for building a song )

But MSV is such a genius that he could come out with another fantastic number and its one of the super hits of Makkal thilagam , being heard extensively…..Its so popular even today…. I could see a mild similarity in Enna vilay azagay… an ARR composition for Kadhalar dhinam !

Roaring preludes…..I had already mentioned earlier ….MGR songs always will bring cheer and pleasant feeling to one…..MSV used all his experience in building this outstanding number……a sequence of Guitar, accordion, violin, and finally accordion …..thanga padhakathin melayyyyyyyyy……( while TMS starts the tabla background ! vow ! ) oru muthu padhithadhu polay, indha pattu kannagalin melay, onru thottu koduthidalaaaaamo….neeyum vittu koduthidalaamooo…..

Friends, do you all now realize the different rhythm all through this song as the lyric flow will be like that …..( sorry for questioning you all , underestimating your memories )

The interludes before the charanam …..a sudden Shenoy ! and flute ….Mullaipoo pallakku aadai sumandhu ……….( here again the thalam will be different ) oru kodi ennam aasai nenjil pinni maraindhadhu kandu……paniyil nanaiyum azagu chilayai anaika vandhenay…. Idazgal poziyum amudha mazayai suvaika vandhenay…..

The second interludes will be full of VIOLIN backed up bangoos , drums and a grand entry for PS ! thottuzumuthaada vanji kodiyai…..thottu thodarvadhenaaa……

Here a presence of mind and improvisation from Mellisai Mannar….a brief guitar, sitar, violin …all in brief …before PS repeats again…Thottuyumuthaada…..

I repeat, again here , the rhythm will be different as the flow of lyrics changes…..a fine variety from PS when she repeats andhi maalai pozudhin kaaval ninaivai…..alappadhenaaa …..

Oorum uravaum ariyium varayil…kangalin mattodu…..manamaalai nooru soodum naalai kaigal thottaadu…..

Endless sequence of different rhythm patterns…..

Its quite amazing to listen to this splendid song that it looks refreshingly new !

Anyone can come out with how MSV composed this outstanding song ? Not sure how many days he would have taken to get the tunes and the rhythm set…

[/tscii:7d4cb1a6e2]

AANDONDRU PONAL VAYADHONDRU POGUM ( POLICEKARAN MAGAL )

Wonderful analysis of Thanga padhakatin mele

Thanks Ramesh for reproducing that of Balaji .

yeah. after reading the write up & listening to the song, I too realize the difference in the thalam everywhere !

Great. thanks

Today's song : ANDONDRU PONAL VAYADHONDRU POGUM

Movie : Policekaran magal
    Singer : P.B.Srinivas - S.Janaki

Though the movie itself is a CLASSIC & should be topper stuff from MSV , my pick is Andondru ponal today

Again, this song has 2 different charanams & lengthy interludes . Experiemental song & true class stuff !

Here is the link :

http://www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=174969

I wish more inputs & share of thoughts come from all veteran hubbers here so that guys like me get enlightened on MSV music
    Next super star KIREEDAM is for Ajit. ADHU

Quote Originally Posted by umaramesh
    Rare song . Interesting to note that MSV often used shenoy for duet songs effectively. I can recollect VAARATHIRUPAROO in Pachai villaku.

Just go through balaji writing about this song to know how complex composistion this one.

Thanks for bringing out this rare gem.

ramesh
    எம்.எஸ்.வி. இசையமைப்பில் 'ஷெனாய்'க்கு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுத்த பாடல்கள் நிறைய இருக்கின்றன. அதில் ஒன்று 'எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாள்' படத்தில் வரும்
    "நான் உன்னை அழைக்கவில்லை..என் உயிரை அழைக்கிறேன்" என்ற அருமையான பாடல்.

இசைத்தட்டில் சட்டென்று பாடலோடு துவங்கும். ஆனால் திரைப்படத்தில் பாடலுக்கு முன்னர் ஒரு அருமையான PRELUDE உண்டு. (கடந்த காலத்தில் நடந்த கொடுமைகளில் இதும் ஒன்று. பாடலை மூன்று நிமிட இசைத்தட்டில் அடக்க வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக பல அருமையான PRELUDE மற்றும் INTERLUDE களை கொஞ்சமும் இரக்கமின்றி வெட்டி விடுவார்கள். இப்படி நிறய பாடல்கள் பாதிப்புக்குள்ளாகி இருக்கின்றன. இப்போதுள்ள இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் அதிர்ஷ்டக்காரர்கள். ஒவ்வொரு சிறிய பிட்டும் சிடி யில் வந்து விடுகிறது).

இந்தப் பாடலில் முதலில் ஷெனாய் இசையைத்தொடர்ந்து, சிதார் இசைக்க, பின்னர்தான் பாடல் துவங்கும்.

சரணம் முடிந்து பல்லவி துவங்கும் முன்னர் முதலில் வயலின், பின்னர் நீண்ட அருமையான ஷெனாய், பின்னர் மறுபடியும் வயலின் என் வந்து சரணம் துவங்கும்.

"என்ன தவறு செய்தேன் அதுதான் எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை"
    (இந்த இடத்தில் சின்ன சிதார் இசையைத் தொடர்து ஒரு பிட் ஷெனாய், அதைத்தொடர்ந்து)
    வந்து பிறந்துவிட்டேன் ஆனால் வாழ தெரியவில்லை"

இதே போல அடுத்த சரணத்தில்..

"என்னைப் படைத்த தெய்வம் இன்னும் கண்ணை திறக்கவில்லை"
    (அதே போல சிறிய சிதார், தொடர்ந்து ஷெனாய்)
    "உன்னை அனுப்பி வைத்தான் ஆனால் உனக்கும் கருணையில்லை"

இப்படியே பாடல் முழுக்க ஷெனாய் இசையில் நம்மை மயங்க வைப்பார் 'மெல்லிசை மன்னர்'.

pallaaku vaanga ponen oorvalam poga..panakaara kudumbam
    thanniyir pirivathai paarthavar illai - panam padaithavan
    Viswanathan-Ramamurthy i think?
    shehnai :cry: :cry: :cry:

enn paarvayile unthan per ezhuthi athai paarthirupEn kannil neer ezhuthi..
    poomudipaal ...tms nenjirukumvarai my fav msv

+ Reply to Thread