+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

balaji
    master piece from MSV. We still remember this movie becasue of Master composistion.

IR&GKV was part of this song recording.
    You wont believe MSV finsihed this song recording in two hrs time.
    IR was very surprised about the speed and he was under impression that it will take minimum two days to finish this recording. Imagine those days they will do live rehersal before song recording.

Balaji: You forgot MANGAIRIL MAGARANI SPB-PS duet. Another oustanding duet from this movie.

regards
    ramesh

Hi
    Another gem of collection from MSV.

Film: MUTHANNA MUTHALLAVO

SONG:ENNAKRU KADHALI IRUKINRAL
    SUNG BY MSV&SPB.before going to this song I wanted to tell about Mellisai mannar sang himself some of the songs.

1.VASSANTHANGAL VARUM MUNNAE
    2. EVER GREEN "SOLLATHAN NINAIKEREN
    3. TOP NUMBER "NEE ILLANDHA IDAMA ILLIAI "FROM CHO MOIVE
    4.THE MAJESTIC "ETHRKUM ORU KALAM UNDU" SIVAGAMYIN SELVAN
    5. ENCHANTING "NEERANA NEDUCHALAI" FROM KAVIYA THALAIVI
    6. THE FAMOUS 'KANDATHAI SOLLU KERAN"
    7. UNNAKANNA KURACHAL FOR OTHER MELODY MAKER V.KUMAR
    8. KANNADASAN COMBO "KUDUMBAM ORU KADAMBAM"
    9. THE SCINTILLATING "SAMBO SIVA SAMBO"

I think MSV not willing to sing as he refused THAIVAM THANTHA VEEDU as KB&Producer put lot of pressure on him to sing this song.

Coming back to this song MSV starts with his majestic voice with piano and SPB followed in the second stanza. Thengai and Jaiganesh acted in this scene. You should hear piano&voilin combination in the end of the song.

Another gem from this same movie. This time SPB solo. MARGAZIP PANNIYIL.

amazing kind of variation through out the song.

Listen how joyul rendition from SPB: MAAN ORU KANNIL and ends with ISAI PAADI.

Like earlier song mentioned by balaji(AVALKKU ENRU OR MANAM)this composistion also AHEAD OF TIME.

regards
    ramesh

ramesh, balaji: thoroughly enjoying your discussion/analysis. May i add the haunting"Ellorum Parkka"
    by LRE in Avalukkendru...
    rra

Hi rra

Thanks. Actually I am searching for this song without knowing this was from "Avalukkendru...

one more THENIZHI MAZAI from MSV.

ramesh

[tscii:1c988e3ca8]Ramesh

Amazing to note that Malar edhu song was recorded in such a short time……Equally interesting to hear that GKV –IR had taken part in the recording !

IMO, its one of the toughest compositions and altogether different those days…

Enakku oru varutham…..

You know , MSV is such a humble person that he himself had forgotten so many splendid composing he had given all these years….He used to mention in most of his programmes that MADHANA MAALIGAI from Rajapart Rangadurai is his favourite song ….

Indeed, it’s a beautiful composition but when there are 1000s of such great songs he had tuned, I wonder how he consider this as his favourite !!

RRA ….

Thanks for pointing out YELLORUM PAARKA ….its one of the best of LRE … One will get lured to dancing automatically on hearing the rhythm…

Shall I say that this rhythm is also signature MSV …. I could hear this pattern in Viziyay kadhai ezudhu also

I also missed out MANGAYARIL MAGARAANI ……which is known for fast beat……a fantastic composition…lovely sitar interludes…..

This again disappoints me as another beautiful song had been wasted through this movie Avalukendru oru manam…..

Ramesh……

Great recollection of Yenakoru kaadhalee irukindraal !!

You should also listen to the swaram rendition by MSV during the pallavi stage which he will also repeat with a laughter ….

I also noticed a subtle change in Balu’s voice …..it will be like a STUDENT SINGING BEFORE A MASTER !

Oru guruvidam , sishyan eppadi panivodu nadandhu kolvaaro …..appadi oru panivu ….adakkam …..all reflecting in his voice

SPB will be so polite and gentle when he repeats what MSV sings ……

Enakku migavum piditha idam…when MSV completes….Naadham avaladhu thamiyosai………He will virtually play with the tune !

You will also observe quite a decent performance by Jai Ganesh , the tantrums from Thengai notwithstanding !

This song is also known for lovely violin usage , similar to that of Vaan nilaa nilaa alla from Pattina pravesam…..

My another favourite in this movie is Maargazee paniyil….mayangiya iravil….oorvasi vandhaal…..

Thanks to you all for the nice memories….

[/tscii:1c988e3ca8]

[tscii:fce4ef0e74]Balaji

You know , MSV is such a humble person that he himself had forgotten so many splendid composing he had given all these years….He used to mention in most of his programmes that MADHANA MAALIGAI from Rajapart Rangadurai is his favourite song ….

Indeed, it’s a beautiful composition but when there are 1000s of such great songs he had tuned, I wonder how he consider this as his favourite

MADHANA MAALIGAI favourite song for most of the people which I come across, i.e those who practice carnatic even today and undergone training with reputed carnatic personality. I am unable to express sameway which they explained to me about the tune and change of tune after first stanza etc. They use to wonder how MSV casually he changed the tune when PS starts with MOOGUM MUNNAGA RAAGAM PINNAGA MOZHANGUM SANGEETHA KUYILGAL and even interlude changed completely . Again TMS starts with different note PACHAI MOOKUTHI MANJAL NEERADI and both TMS&PS ends with
    KADAI/EEDAI . one cannot imagine.

You can see lot of changes in song pattern as well as orchestra with usual MSV melody. Song ends with usual note.

It is very difficult to convince that THIS IS THE BEST .

one more song , I will rate top class of MSV AAGAYA PANDHALEEYLE from POONUNJAL . Wow. You might get struck at the prelude but by the time song would have finished. fast paced .
    Veena/mrindangam/shenoy. MSV oru chinna katcheri pannirupar.

regarsd
    ramesh

[/tscii:fce4ef0e74]

Ramesh

Aagaya pandhalilay, if I am not wrong, its a carnatic based song . MADHYAMAAVATHEE ....

A true class composition from MSV

Ramesh, Balaji: This is what MSV said about Madana Maaligai
    in a programme (in fact one of a series of programmes) on jaya TV some years back. Apparently, he had provided eight (yes)!! tunes for the song and the producer/director etc. were splitting hairs as to which one to choose. Then on e of the boys who came to deliver tea/coffee whispered to mSV that 1 and 4 (I do not remeber the exact numbers) would make a great song. Which is what finally clicked. So when TMS sings "madana maaligayile" and PS follows suit immediately with the same words, the tunes for the two lines were originally meant as two different tunes. Possibly this pattern was followed throughout the song. May be that is why this song sounds special (of course, as pointed out so do countless more MSV songs). MSV ended the story in characteristic style by adding that the critics complimented him bys aying that he had introduced a new composing technique!! may be this (real)story is common knowledge but i thought i would say it anyway.
    rra

Balaji, Ramesh ,

I have been following this thread actively as 'The Greatest MSV' is my most favorite in the entire music fraternity. I too have wondered (and continues to wonder) at his amazing , unimaginable and unparallel compositions (like Malar edhu, Madana Maligayil etc... list can be endless as you have rightly pointed out).
    I am familiar with a few like minded friends and I think you should join our club of MSV Rasikas. We could probably try to understand MSV's work a bit more , if feasible. Pl provide your contacts. You may mail me at jeyaramg@yahoo.com also.

I think Agaya pandaliley is based on Kurunji ragam ( like 'Seetha kalyanam vaibogame... sung in marriages).

- Jeyaram G

RRA...

In fact I also watched that programme in Jaya tv ....Its interesting that the tea boy' suggestion was considered for such a wonderful song !

Now, I am getting a feeling that IR's Poomaalay thol seravaa from Pagal nilavu succeeds Madhana maaligai song....

Again, in the same programme MSV described how parakkum pandhu parakkum was composed ! its was quite funny as he put his index finger onto his mouth and generated a tok sound for giving the ball badminton effect !

+ Reply to Thread