+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: MELLISAI MANNAR MSV - THE SENIOR MAESTRO WITH EVERLASTING TF

Dear Balaji,
    IR and MSV combination il one more film Sendhamiz paatu.Prabhu and Suganya nadithadhu.

1. Chinna chinna thural enna

2. Vanna vanna sol eduthu ingu

With Love,
    Usha Sankar.

Quote Originally Posted by tvsankar
    Dear Balaji,
    IR and MSV combination il one more film Sendhamiz paatu.Prabhu and Suganya nadithadhu.

1. Chinna chinna thural enna

2. Vanna vanna sol eduthu ingu

With Love,
    Usha Sankar.
    Add today's Vishwa Thulasi also to this list !

balaji,

you missed Dil dil dil manadhil by PS,SPB another gr8 number from MTK

Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv
    balaji,

you missed Dil dil dil manadhil by PS,SPB another gr8 number from MTK
    Rajesh...

I had already listed this song in 2 . above earlier.

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    After Murattu Kaalai with IR, the AVM returned back to MSV for Pokkiri Raja, in which songs are hit and movie run well.
    Pokkiri Raja was by IR not by MSV. :roll:
    "POkkiri rAjA" was compossed by 'Mellisai Mannar'

I am 200% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    From 1976 to 1981, MSV movies for Shivaji:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1) Rojavin Raja
    2) Avan Oru sarithiram
    3) Ilaya Thalaimurai
    4) Naam Pirandha Mann
    5) Annan Oru Koyil
    6) Andhaman Kaathali
    7) Ennai pol oruvan
    8) Punniya Boomi
    9) Justice Gopinath
    10) General Chakravarthy
    11) Thrisoolam
    12) Imayam
    13) Viswaroopam
    14) Sathiya Sundaram
    14) Amara Kaaviyam
    15) Kalthoon
    16) Maadi veetu Yezhai
    17) garuda sowkiyama
    18) Lorry driver Rajakannu
    19) Hitler Umanath
    20) Vasandhathil Or Naal
    21) Vaa Kanna Vaa
    22) Keezhvaanam Sivakkum
    23) Sangili
    24) Raththa Paasam
    25) Pilot Premnath

From 1976 to 1981, Ilayaraja movies for Shivaji
    -----------------------------------------------------------

1) Deepam
    2) Thiyaagam
    3) kavarimaan
    4) Nallathoru Kudumbam
    5) Naan Vaazha vaippen
    6) Rishimoolam
    7) Vetrikku Oruvan
    Saradha madam,

I think you are having a mini computer in your brain. Because, most of the films you mentioned here will not come in memory soon, unless you are a veteran Sivaji fan.

Also I saw all your posts here, mentioning songs in the later period of MSV (Balaji sir also). When I read your post about details of the later stage of the great MSV with an ending 'Oru sagAptham mudindhathu', I melted like anything.

Balaji Sir,

You mentioned about the conversation with MSV by phone and pointed about his politeness. His politeness and innocency is well known (avarudaiya adakkamum, appAvithanamum ulagam aRindha ondRu). Once a director mentioned about his charector, MSV will call office boy also as "office boy anne".

I cant understand how you missed the great chance of meeting him, even after he invited you.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Balaji
    It was a great moment for MSV fans when the two legends joined together and composed for MELLA THIRANDHADHU KADHAVU...

One must thank R.Sundararajan for bringing the best out of both as he was well known for creating a beautiful situation and make the MD think and come out with a good number.
    No wonder, if one analyses the movies of Sundararajan, we will realise that all the songs were memorable hits...

The songs of Mella thirandhadhu :

1. Kuzaloodhum kannanukku
    2. Dhil dhil manadhil
    3. Vaa venilaa
    4. Ooru sanam
    5. Thedum kann paarvai thavikaa

Even today we can hear these songs ... as they are so lovely....

I believe MSV was amazed by the rerecording skills of IR and openly appreciated him...
    Dear Balaji,

MSV will always appreciate everyone with open heart without any EGO, and there is no surprise in it.

By the way, when everyone talking about 'Mella thirnadhathu kadhavu', they will pointing only about the music combination of MSV-IR, forgetting other aspects in that beautiful movie.

Recently I got oppertunity to watch that movie once again. Wow what a fentastic photography....!!!. Really ovvoru sceneum kannil oththikollalaam. Because a true Cameraman has worked for that movie and NOT A CAMERA SHAKER. Thatswhy we can enjoy each and every frame of the film.

If you watch it once again, you will realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by "saradhaa_sn Dear Balaji,

MSV will always appreciate everyone with open heart without any EGO, and there is no surprise in it.

By the way, when everyone talking about 'Mella thirnadhathu kadhavu', they will pointing only about the music combination of MSV-IR, forgetting other aspects in that beautiful movie.

Recently I got oppertunity to watch that movie once again. Wow what a fentastic photography....!!!. Really ovvoru sceneum kannil oththikollalaam. Because a true Cameraman has worked for that movie and [color=red
    NOT A CAMERA SHAKER[/color]. Thatswhy we can enjoy each and every frame of the film.

If you watch it once again, you will realise it.
    Anbu Sagodharee Saradha avargalay,

Ennudaya favourite Director R.SUNDARARAJANai marandhu vitergalay... ops:
    It was R.S. who was instrumental in getting the best out of MSV and IR

I have sent a PM to you. Pl reply....

Anbudan Sagodharan

[tscii:eb9609486e]In Mella thirandhadhu kadavu… as Sharadhajii rightly mentioned… it was fantastic camera work… hats off…. I wish to pick the best of the lot on picturisation….. KUZALOODHUM KANNANUKKU…..

App…. Had already posted about this song earlier in another thread on excellent picturisation...…. But I cant resist my temptation…to mention about this song again…..

Every shot in this song was beautiful and fascinating experience to see…..

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL, I HAVE COPIED AND POSTED BELOW WHAT APP... HAD POSTED IN APPRECIATION THREAD... :

Well, to begin I want to nominate this great song:

KUZHALOODHUM KANNANUKKU KUYIL PADUM PATTU KEKKUDHA CUCKOO CUCKOO CUCKOO CUCKU

Beautifully sung by Chitra under MSV-IR combo for AVM's `mella thiRandhadhu kadhavu'.

The album itself is remarkable for the combination of MSV-IR, two legends of TFM. On top of that, it had otherwise decent backing too - AVM, R Sundarrajan, Radha & to a lesser extent, Mohan.

There's no need to discuss the greatness of this song...celebrated by many. Just want to mention the remark of a Malayali colleague (nalla rasigan) who does not understand much of literary Thamizh on this song, which was his most favourite at that point of time...

He'll sing (rather hum) the part `vandhAchchu chithira dhAn, pOyAchchu nithirai dhAn' with ecstatic expressions and say he melts every time this passage is played...

The same happens to Mohan on the screen (in the first stanza)...& I love his expressions for the phrase. Not for nothing this guy got so many beautiful songs...he is a real rasigan...After Mohanlal, he probably gives excellent facial expressions for good song phrases...

The situation itself is poetic...Mohan sits in a beautiful environ to play flute and stunned by a counter melody from a female...but cannot locate her and runs around in search of her...while Radha singing her heart out all the while playing hide-n-seek behind trees (Mohan does not find her till the end of the song...I don't know what happens after that as I haven't seen the movie)...

Radha gives all sensible expressions too - not much, not less, exact. We have often seen heroines doing ashta kONal (like KRV who shakes her head for every dialog / song phrase) or the other extreme (marakkattai mAdhiri oru uNarchchium illAdhiruppadhu - most northie actresses of recent times fit this)...Radha's expressions are lovely and each of her hiding behind a tree is interesting to watch...

The location is quite good too - hills / trees / water / lush (however it is in India and not some veLLaikkAra nAdu:-)

No obsene gestures / unrealistic dances...clean - clean, can watch with amma, appa, patti, thatha, mahan, mahal, pEran, pethi...And unlike some songs which look great on auditorium screen but dumb on TV, this is lovely on TV...

One of my favourite moments on this song (other than Mohan showing appreciation for my fav phrase) is Radha sitting on a rock and mildly rocking her knees for the following lines:
    `kaNNA on vAliba nenja empAttu usuppuRadhA? kaRkaNdu sakkara ellam ippO thAn kasakkiRadhA'...

Watch & you'll know why I'm raving about this 15 year old song...fresh even today.
    [/tscii:eb9609486e]

Another song ( I have to really go back by 25 years almost ) to get memories of MSV songs during the IR era...

THis is from Oru Varisu uruvaagiradhu... Directed by Mouli

By SPB... ENDHAN POOVANATHIL INDRU VASANDHAM... MALARAY MALARAY THOOGADHEY....

Lovely song.... We could hear the old MSV touch in glimpses in this song.....

+ Reply to Thread