+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA'S NEW ALBUMS : 08-09 : 4

'Where is the party' is rockin. This song is gonna be the anthem of the dance floors soon.
    Overall the album is pucca commercial one and I see Yuvan slowly embracing Raaja's style in composing. :notworthy: good for us!
    kalThOnRi ManThOnra kAlaththu munThOnRiya mUththa kudi thamizhkudinna, Muthal KolaigAranum avanAthana irukkanum! Olagathula irukra ella Thappum ivanthaan muthalla Senjirukkanum - Dr.Ilaiyaraaja

Quote Originally Posted by inetk
    I feel 'Where is the party' has the potential to be a massive hit, like Nakka Mukka. Its a simple, catchy track and plays intelligently with a very familiar Tamil folk song for instant connect. The folk tune was made popular by (I think) Pushpavanam Kuppusamy, as also 'used' by Adityan in Amaran (Chandirane sooriyane).
    The folk tune is very familiar to me since it is singing by 'Pattimars' on my local town's festival called 'Mullaikattu' or 'Mulaippari'. So the credit for the folk tune should go to none other than tamilnattu pattimargal
    Naan Kadavul - Naan Isai - Raaja

I happy for 'Where is the party' is getting good 'mass' reviews here, can it beat 'Ammadi Aathadi' mass?
    Naan Kadavul - Naan Isai - Raaja

Quote Originally Posted by K
    Sillambattam is in Standards of D.Iman I rate 1.5/5

AEGAN is far better when compared to Silambattam, Yuvan Please stop working with Simbu.
    My wish is Simbu works with Yuvan for every movie of his. I guess silambAttam will be the best of Yuvan's commercial work so far, this album will be a huge hit in B&C centers. Yes, this is definitely a hat-trick for Yuvan-Simbu combo.

aEgan's subject is different, so don't compare that with silambAttam.

Just think of the quality of Yuvan and compare with Silambattam, this is utter crap not even a quality composition in this album, the songs may become hit or super hit but the quality? dont get emotional and say that it is like Shanker-Rahman combo, Simbu is not Shanker and Yuvan is Superior than Rahman in terms of musical quality(not technical quality). Panni kooda serndha Singakutty mathiri iruku Simbu Yuvan combo.

Just think of the quality of Yuvan and compare with Silambattam, this is utter crap not even a quality composition in this album, the songs may become hit or super hit but the quality?
    I completely agree with you K especially with the highlighted point which is exactly my opinion too. In fact, i raised the same question in last thread of Yuvan. I would give ZERO marks when in comes to quality for few songs in Silambatam. Thankfully, the matured orchestration in Machan saves the song.
    :musicsmile: Experiencing the Naan Kadavul songs. Version 2.0

Raaja Brahmasmi Om Om :bow:

I don't care how many points you guys give, Yuvan needs to do this kinda albums side-by-side albums like katRathu tamizh to get his graph moving upwards. He is prolific and he needs to be versatile too.

Pls dont compare Rahman with Yuvan. Rahman is a genius like Illayaraja and Yuvan has miles to go to reach the stage where rahman and illayaraja are now.
    Moreover both Aegan and Silambattam are utter crap and not having quality music which yuvan always tends to provide. Varanam Aiyram is MUCH MUCH BETTER than these two crap albums

Quote Originally Posted by rameshmanian
    Pls dont compare Rahman with Yuvan. Rahman is a genius like Illayaraja and Yuvan has miles to go to reach the stage where rahman and illayaraja are now.
    Moreover both Aegan and Silambattam are utter crap and not having quality music which yuvan always tends to provide. Varanam Aiyram is MUCH MUCH BETTER than these two crap albums
    A request to you just like your request to us, please don't mention anybody's name with IR......

Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    Sillambattam is in Standards of D.Iman I rate 1.5/5

AEGAN is far better when compared to Silambattam, Yuvan Please stop working with Simbu.
    My wish is Simbu works with Yuvan for every movie of his. I guess silambAttam will be the best of Yuvan's commercial work so far, this album will be a huge hit in B&C centers. Yes, this is definitely a hat-trick for Yuvan-Simbu combo.

aEgan's subject is different, so don't compare that with silambAttam.
    Judge, not necessarily crap songs are meant for B&C centres...MDs can come up with high quality music for B&C centres too i.e madhuraiku pogathadi, dhinam dhinam depavali...I feel that yuvan is just degrading himself by doing movies like silambatam..And judge, yuvan is musician not a politician...A top musician must have some kind of standards..

+ Reply to Thread