+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA'S NEW ALBUMS : 08-09 : 4

Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    TV,
    I agree with Vivasaayi that there is a problem if someone always brings up the 'popularity' trump card in games of one-upmanship, irrespective of the fact that they are in the same field etc...
    I've said this before, if one says "Rahman is the best in the world because his is the music which moves me the most" or something like that its fine but not when someone has to go looking for youtube links and who-knows-whom-from-where stats etc.. that's a bit shallow IMO. I mean, of course A.R Rahman has reached where no Indian has reached in terms of fame and penetration etc but adha oru primary factor for forming opinion-a vechikitta it undermines Rahman's music of all things! IOW, its a nice thing to have, a great thing but if i were a Rahmaniac i would say "I would have placed Rahman this high even if he didn't have all these"
    Bala,
    you have mistaken me. When did I indulge in one-upmanship?
    I am not that foolish to claim that ARR is better than IR... chillara pasanga arguement!
    I was just stressing on the fact that ARR is a colossus in his own right. He himself has set a high benchmark with which a lot of people might gauge IR. He has acheived so much and continuing to do so. So a statement like "Please dont mention ARR's name with IR" doesnt hold much substance.

Its funny to see people pouncing on the mention of popularity... Guys... we have numbers on our side and we flaunt it whenever we can.. whats wrong with it? I didnt say that ARR is better coz he is more popular than IR. Did you hear any ARR fan saying that he likes ARR only because he is popular? :huh: We are just stating a fact, not deriving an inference out of it, yet so much of noise is made everytime we do so. There is only one reason and its scientific name is "abdomenum burnosys" :lol2:

Naan theriyama thaan ketkren.. "ARR is popular" nu solradhu abathama illa chance kedaikkum podhelam ARR a belittle panradhu abathama? :huh: En indha one sided support? :huh:
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Speaking of "flaunting of numbers" IR fans do bring up the stats of number of songs composed by IR every month. Do we bring up the issue of quality? :huh: Accept it and move on. adha vittu shakila urmila nu compare panradhu... :x
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    :lol:

Well, you need not prove it to me... Your posts looked contradictory.... Since this is a public discussion, i thot of asking that question... :huh:
    where is the contradiction??? IR is pretty much local and survives on tamil film music........but that doesent make him a bad MD and i never said so.....he is a genius par excellence which i have accepted so many times............obviously when there are bad things told by u guys abt ARR, i have to coin terms like "local IR" to negotiate it..........
    Thats the word which bothered me... Thats not the right word you can use to describe IR...

This is what your post was in "Saroja" thread... Not verbatim!!

"Its Local IR and his sons who survive on films' success..."

//Seri vidunga maddy.... I know who started this in Saroja topic. Nobody bashed up ARR in that topic...
    :musicsmile: Experiencing the Naan Kadavul songs. Version 2.0

Raaja Brahmasmi Om Om :bow:

I live in Sydney. Egan is released. But there is an sms circulating that Ajith and Arjun made a statement "That they dont care about the conflict in Eelam and killing of Tamils". And so many Eelam Tamils returned their tickets back. Im not going to the movie till I varify the information. Hope its just a roumer. If its true.. collections are going to be average for Ayngaran Internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by thamizhvaanan
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    TV,
    I agree with Vivasaayi that there is a problem if someone always brings up the 'popularity' trump card in games of one-upmanship, irrespective of the fact that they are in the same field etc...
    Bala,
    you have mistaken me. When did I indulge in one-upmanship?
    TV,
    No, I didn't mean specifically you. I used it in a general context - meaning, when we deal in one-upmanship (i'm no exception) or maybe thats not the right expression. NOM
    kuzhandhaiyin sirippil iRaivanai kANgiREn

Why Ilaiyaraaja is GOD

Thats the word which bothered me... Thats not the right word you can use to describe IR...

This is what your post was in "Saroja" thread... Not verbatim!!

"Its Local IR and his sons who survive on films' success..."

//Seri vidunga maddy.... I know who started this in Saroja topic. Nobody bashed up ARR in that topic...
    so?? is thundu and stuff rite adjectives for ARR?? have u ever questioned it??? y asking me now? even now look at the language IR-family fans use ex: the blog link provided by K......it stresses the fact that IR-family fans lack basic decency to speak in public forums or blogs...........

and all i can say is, hub didnt start with that saroja thread, these fights have a 10 yr history where once HUB server crashed because of excess posts reg IR-ARR fights :lol: .......so what u r seeing now is just a small piece of "peaceful" times

Maddy,

Yes. I've questioned ppl who spk against ARR. I'm very much sure that I dont use any such word to describe ARR. In fact, few months ago, when a person (i dont want to mention his name), in this Yuvan's topic bashed up ARR using harsh words, I was one who put DIG by saying, "Please do not use such words and bash up the ARR here. ARR is a legend". I'm not against ARR!

Even now I'm saying, to me both IR and ARR are legends! It's my personal opinion that I keep IR in 1st position followed by ARR. No one can question!
    :musicsmile: Experiencing the Naan Kadavul songs. Version 2.0

Raaja Brahmasmi Om Om :bow:

Maddy,

Yes. I've questioned ppl who spk against ARR. I'm very much sure that I dont use any such word to describe ARR. In fact, few months ago, when a person (i dont want to mention his name), in this Yuvan's topic bashed up ARR using harsh words, I was one who put DIG by saying, "Please do not use such words and bash up the ARR here. ARR is a legend". I'm not against ARR!
    why did u laugh for a yucky/indecent shakeela/mohanlal comparison against ARR.....it means u r acknowledging that filthy comparison.....though we like someone from other camp, sometimes we have to post/react the way we do in HUB.....hope u understand

see vinith, i know u and vasanth2006 - the respect u guys have for ARR..... .......

Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

+ Reply to Thread