+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SIVAJI SEASON - ENDHAN PON VANNAME

Dear Mr.MuraLi,

What can I say !.....Groucho put it better than I can hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    What am I to say? Each time you post details surrounding a song, you give an entire world to it. We are transported through time, made understood of the sociopolitical and industrial scenario, before being spoon fed on the backgrounds leading to the participation of the leading talents in front of and in the back of these films.
    :exactly:

I am ust amazed by the quantum of information in each edition.
    It's just great to have you here.

I will rest content with wishing you "all the best" to carry on.

Regards,
    Prabhu

PS: I am yet to listen to the song :P
    The power of vested interests is vastly exaggerated compared with the gradual encroachment of ideas - John Maynard Keynes

Thanks Nerd. Yes, as you had rightly put it this movie is quite an enjoyable one. The actor in Rajini came out. After some unpleasent happenings, Rajini scored hatrick victories. Dharma Yudham which came before this (29th June,1979) and 6 to 60 (Sep 1979) which came after this, all met with success. Then Annai Oru Aalayam also succeded. NVV's posters and advertisement before it's release had captions நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசன், புன்னகை அரசி கே.ஆர்.விஜயா நடிக்கும். After 25 days or so, there appeared one more name சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினி. Kalaipuli Dhanu claims that he was the first to use the title SS for Bhairavi. I am not sure since I haven't seen it (Moreover he was just the distributor for Chennai and not the producer of the film). But this, I can confidently say that this was the first time it was used in advertisements.

Mr.Ramaswamy,

Thanks and I respect your views. We have embarked upon a journey that covers decades and so I thought let us cover a song which happened in the later part of NT's career.

Prabhu,

Thanks. Since you have quoted groucho, I have the same answer. It is my pleasure to share whatever I know. It makes me doubly happy when you people say, you enjoyed it. The only difficult part is trying to live up to those expectations, everytime.

Regards

Murali Sir: A melodious song rendered soulfully and quite refreshing to see an IR-TMS combination in your pick. As usual, you have givena comprehensive account of the events and players surrounding the song and the movie. I was particularly intrigued to read your account of the struggles IR had to face even after the resounding success of Annakili. On a related matter, I recently happened to read a reproduction of the review of Annakili in Ananda Vikatan that appeared after the movie release. Nota word about the music!
    RRA

Dear rra,

Thank you. It took some time for IR to get the recognition. Of course it happened for everybody till the 90s.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    NVV's posters and advertisement before it's release had captions நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசன், புன்னகை அரசி கே.ஆர்.விஜயா நடிக்கும். After 25 days or so, there appeared one more name சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினி. Kalaipuli Dhanu claims that he was the first to use the title SS for Bhairavi. I am not sure since I haven't seen it (Moreover he was just the distributor for Chennai and not the producer of the film). But this, I can confidently say that this was the first time it was used in advertisements.
    That's real news Murali sir ! I salute your memory power.

And, as RRA quoted, I too read that Annakili review in AV and was shocked to note that not a word about the songs & IR was mentoned in it.

Sir, another doubt. In NVV, " Thirutheril varum silayo was by SPB and "Endhan Pon Vanname" by TMS. Is there any other films where more than one playback singer rendered their voice for NT in a single film, particularly in the 60's ?
    Isai - thoonla irukku, thurumbula irukku, ivarkitta irukku

Quote Originally Posted by s ramaswamy
    As far as NT-IR connection is concerned I like the Deepam song "Nallavarkellam" more.
    'Nallavarkellam' is from Thiyagam ,another IR music.
    தமிழன் 8-)

Dear Mohan,

In the 60s, there were hardly any "dual singing" in NT films. There were films which had other singers doing play back singing for NT but it was an exclusive affair, in the sense there was only one singer. Paavai Vilakku (1960) had only CSJ, Vidi Velli (1960) had AMR, Punar Jenmam (1961) had AMR (here PBS had sung one song), Kappalotiya Thamizhan (1961) had Seerkazhi singing for NT and TMS was not there in the above mentioned movies. Naan Vanagum Deivam (1963) had one song from PBS (but here TMS was there). After this only Selvam (1966) had one song by Tharapuram Sundarrajan (Unakkaagavaa Naan --) but that was a background song. Other than these, there was no deviation from TMS. It bagan to happen from Sumathi En Sundari and I have covered that in the main post itself.

Regards

superb writeup Muraliji.. :clap:

"எந்தன் பொன் வண்ணமே" பாடலைக் கேட்கும் பொழுதெல்லாம் ஏனோ "என் தம்பி" படத்தில் வரும் "முத்து நகையே உன்னை நானறிவேன்" பாடல் நினைவுக்கு வரும்..

காரணம் என்னவென்று எனக்கே தெரியவில்லை :P

நீங்கள் குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளபடி 60-களில் வந்த படங்களில் NT-க்கு ஒரே படத்தில் பல பின்னணிப் பாடகர்கள் பாடியதில்லை. ஆனால்
    அதற்கு முன் வந்த ப்டங்களில் அப்படி இல்லை என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

சபாஷ் மீனா படத்தில் டி.ஏ.மோதி (காணா இன்பம்) மற்றும் டி.எம்.எஸ் (சித்திரம் பேசுதடி, ஆசைக்கிளியே கோபமா) அவர்களும் பாடியிருக்கிறார்கள்.

வணங்காமுடி படத்தில் டி.எம்.எஸ்(மோகனப் புன்னகை), ஏ.எம்.ராஜா (வாழ்வினிலே) மற்றும் சீர்காழி கோவிந்தராஜன் (மலையே உன் நிலையை)
    ஆகியோர் பாடியிருக்கின்றனர்.

இது தவறென்றால் தெரிவிக்கவும் please :P
    chinna rasa

ramaswamy, joe: Probably, the song that brings NT's talents to the fore is "Pesade, vayulla oomai nee" in Deepam.
    rra

மது,

நன்றி. உங்களுக்கு முத்து நகையே பாடல் நினைவுக்கு வருவதற்கு காரணம், அதிலும் தங்கையாக வரும் ரோஜா ரமணி போலியோவால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டு இருப்பார் ("காலழகு பார்த்தால் " என்று நிறுத்திவிட்டு NT கண் கலங்குவாரே). இதிலும் தங்கையாக வரும் ராஜி நடக்க முடியாதவராக இருப்பார்.

60- களுக்கு முன்னால் வந்த NT பாடல்களில் நீங்கள் சொல்வது 100% உண்மை. பாடல்கள் விஷயத்தில் ஜாம்பவானான உங்களிடம் நான் தவறு கண்டு பிடிப்பதா?

அன்புடன்

+ Reply to Thread