+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: YSR News, Stories, Tit-Bits and Anecdotes

Selva,

There were five MDs released Yuvan's songs in Saththam Podathey. It was Vasanth's idea and Yuvan would have said 'fine'. I don't think Yuvan will say no to director's ideas and also he will never say 'please ask so and so guy to release my album'.

So I blame only VP :evil:

idhukellam kaaranam ameer...evalo pannalum satisfaction illadha oru polamabal case...
    hey saala....

oru padam about Eelam tamil people appadingrar, Kannapiran innum irukka illaiyaannu theriyala :roll:

Had a chance to view the kumudam.com interview of Ameer (by Gnani), quite interesting. Though there were some appreciative remarks from Gnani on the music of Ameer's films, neither him nor Ameer mentioned the name of MD. (Isn't YSR the MD for all his movies or was there another?) They kept talking like 'isai amaippALar' never mentioning the actual name. Sounded odd. I wonder whether Gnani is known as anti-IR / anti-YSR...

app, gnani is kind of anti-IR? The reasons for that are not political but sort of socio-political. It is not appropriate to mention it here in the forum. PM me if you are interested in that.

In his recent interview, Ameer says that he will not attend any more functions and even if he attends he will not speak.

ARR gonna sing 4 YUVAN!!!!
    It was a surprise meet between Rahman & Yuvan during the Audio Launch of "Saroja"..

'Before 20 years, when I was playing keyboard for Illaiyaraaja Sir, I'll hear a voice back saying 'Uncle'.. If I turn back, Yuvan will be standing there.. Very naughty boy.. So, whenever I think of Yuvan I'll start laughing.. Now, Yuvan has grown up as a big music composer.. All the Best to Yuvan, Now & Ever..' Yuvan's face was filled with joy when Rahman wished him..

When asked to Yuvan about Rahman, he said, 'Our meet is a surprise only to you.. Many think we both have ego between us.. But we have only lots of friendship.. Rahman Sir is so cool.. His music, speech, smile, style everything is distinct.. We have a good wavelength always.. I tried to make him sing in Chennai-28 & Saroja.. But as he was in Sony Contract, he was not able to sing.. For sure, in future, he'll sing in my musical..'

When asked to the director Venkat Prabhu, how they roped in busy Rahman for this launch, he said, 'It was a big project for us more than the film.. We chased him many times through landline, cellphone, sms & email.. He got impressed by the details about Yuvan which was put in the Saroja Invitation.. He sent us a msg, "You people are rocking" after hearing Saroja Songs.. We were damn happy.. For these words itself, I gave a treat..' He said this very immense joy..

[Source: Anandha Vikatan Tamil Weekly, dated 30 July 2008, Page 75]

:lol: :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :bluejump: :redjump: :boo: :redjump: :bluejump: :thumbsup: :mrgreen: :lol:

----

[tscii:017d5cd4b4]http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/08/08/stories/2008080850341600.htm

My first break - Singer Rita

Singer Rita

How it happened

I learnt Carnatic and Hindustani music from a young age. In college I used to participate in various music competitions and win prizes. At a prize distribution ceremony, singer Srinivas appreciated my voice and style of singing. He told me to do a demo cassette and approach music directors. This made me think about playback singing as a career. I made a demo CD and got in touch with leading music directors such as Harris Jayaraj and D. Iman. Harris immediately called me and made me sing in harmony with others for the film Anniyan. Iman made me sing my first solo number ‘Varungala Vittukkarane’ in the film Aanai featuring Arjun.

How it felt

I felt very happy. But the critic in me was not happy at all. Whenever I listened to my own song, I would criticise it. I used to feel I could have done a better job. But my biggest critic is my mother Lalitha. She is a veena player and is good at drawing too. At the most, she will say I’m improving day by day but I’m yet to hear her say she is satisfied.

How life changed

Life has not changed much for me. I’m happy to be in this profession but my passion for singing overrides everything else. I have also appeared in an ad with other singers for Chennai Silks. I have sung nearly 50 songs in the I think Yuvan Shankar Raja is one of the best music directors today. I have sung three songs for him. They are ‘Oru Nalaikul Ethanai Kanavu’ from the film Yaaradi Ne Mohini. The other two films are Parattai Engira Azhagu Sundaram and Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu. The best compliment for me is he has recommended my name to his father Ilaiyaraja who has given me a song in Uliyin Osai and a song in the forthcoming Dhanam. I was happy when he gave me the chance to sing for an album on Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi.four South Indian languages — Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.

S. R. ASHOK KUMAR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-)

PEAS??????? :roll: [/tscii:017d5cd4b4]
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by vasanth2006
    PEAS???????
    Yuvan was doing this project with Raju sundaram and later both of them dropped it. I think Yuvan composed just one song in that movie.

+ Reply to Thread