Closed Thread
Page 62 of 143 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja's New Albums : 2007-08 : 2

Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by nanchil_guy
    just compare this with pre 2000 film list you will surely see the decline in the standard he set through huge hits like kadhalan, bombay etc.
    unfortunately when u talk abt ARR u cant keep out his Bollywood songs - and he has given his best in this period here......Swades, JodhaAkbar, Zubeedia, Rang de basanti, Guru, Tehzeeb, Meenaxi - man thats quite a list.......i didnt see any dip in standards......but we are not talking abt his +ves/-ves here - we are talking y ppl. are mercilessly saying its IR's faults which gave him life - i mean, its so ridiculuous that even after 16 yrs of successful career and his good wishes to U1, his support to IR's TIS - IR fans still seem to love to bad mouth him - with some loose statements........

we or certainly, i do wish U1 success and i was the first person in HUB who lamented that he doesent have a dedicated fan base - all his fans were IR fans - his base was a small subset of IR fans - but now its changing and i'm happy for it......but it makes no sense to keep talking crap abt ARR everywhere......
    Maddy bro, Lagaan-a miss paanitElE...
    :swinghead: mahA kavi bArathiyAr avargaLukku piRantha naaL vAzhththukkaL! (11th Dec 1882 - 11th Sep 1921) :swinghead:

Quote Originally Posted by kamarajc
    Karthikraja is the hier of IR - I am sure KR is having tough time but he will emerge well over period of time. SOS
    I agree with every bit of your post except this line. KR is having a tough time.. ?? hmm.. If yuvan can be successful, why the extremely talented, true heir (hair) of IR couldn't taste success. If KR is talented, his primary job should be to prove it for the general public and not for elite music lovers alone
    irunthaalum iRanthaalum paer solla vendum
    ivar pola yaar endru oor solla vendum

Salutes to our brave heroes who saved our lives

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Karthikraja is the hier of IR - I am sure KR is having tough time but he will emerge well over period of time. SOS
    I agree with every bit of your post except this line. KR is having a tough time.. ?? hmm.. If yuvan can be successful, why the extremely talented, true heir (hair) of IR couldn't taste success. If KR is talented, his primary job should be to prove it for the general public and not for elite music lovers alone
    Very true... KR has to improve on that front. I agree that he wouldnt have delivered a 'Arindhum Ariyamalum' like Yuvan. But, he could have done a better 'Ram' or 'Katradhu Tamil'. Also, please remember Yuvan had to wait after several movies to get a break in Thulluvadho Ilamai. Also, Yuvan may not deliver something like 'Dum Dum Dum'. For me, 'dum dum dum' still has its freshness. The guy can deliver.. lets wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Anyway I am not much against Selva since I don't know what happened exactly,
    Yes. My previous post was just a guess. I don't have much against Selva. Hope both of them put an end to these things ops:
    I completely agree with you on U1 losing the stars as well as directors. He should do something on that.
    Ippo "kalangarai vilakkam" Ajith than pola irukku :?:

Why yuvan should not use his songs composed for AO in Aagen?
    I have been telling the same. Yuvan will somehow use the AO songs in any other movie. But, wt i really miss is, those songs are not in SR movie. Coz I like SR very much for his out-of-box thinking. He is really a talented one. But lazy, lethargic guy. jus like bala.
    :musicsmile: Experiencing the Naan Kadavul songs. Version 2.0

Raaja Brahmasmi Om Om :bow:

Very true... KR has to improve on that front. I agree that he wouldnt have delivered a 'Arindhum Ariyamalum' like Yuvan. But, he could have done a better 'Ram' or 'Katradhu Tamil'. Also, please remember Yuvan had to wait after several movies to get a break in Thulluvadho Ilamai. Also, Yuvan may not deliver something like 'Dum Dum Dum'. For me, 'dum dum dum' still has its freshness. The guy can deliver.. lets wait and see.
    I disagree with your views on KT, RAM and DUM x 3. Since KR hasn't proved on that front till now, let us wait for him to prove himself before concluding whether he can deliver something better than yuvan
    irunthaalum iRanthaalum paer solla vendum
    ivar pola yaar endru oor solla vendum

Salutes to our brave heroes who saved our lives

Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    then how abt RS telling IR's mistakes gave ARR a life - now u guys must understand - not only u guys get irritated with false sweeping statements :x
    this is truly a ridiculous statement. ARR is really talented. Its not that IR's mistake gave this talent the life.
    :musicsmile: Experiencing the Naan Kadavul songs. Version 2.0

Raaja Brahmasmi Om Om :bow:

kamarajc,

KR will do better in an album like Katrathu Tamil??? You must be kidding. The sounds are so new and fresh for a tamil album. Only YSR can do KT!

On the hand, at yuvan side, he is consistently losing 'star partners'. Onra Iranda?. If you look at actors, he has lost Surya (yes, yuvan failed to deliver good in Perazhagan and recent VEL), Vishal (Only some v.good songs in SK, Thamirabarani, Thimiru is total waste for yuvan's career). If you look at directors, he has lost KSR (no hit from this combo), Hari, and Lingusamy.
    I will be very happy if Yuvan doesn't work with directors like KSR, Hari, P.Vasu in future whose movies are nothing but junks. I want him to work with good directors always, on that front I don't think he has lost all of his partners, just one that is Selva. I don't think Surya has any sayings about his movie MDs as the directors choose their crew. Also why should we care about stars? As long as he has good directors working with him, he will be on top.

Never mind the dreadful cliche, but the Selva-YSR combination is greater than the sum of the parts. Both will go their own way, but the combo will be missed. I don't see it as a question of YSR>Selva or Selva>YSR. As a team, their output was great - Yuvan's songs/music lifted the scenes and Selva's films were a great playground for Yuvan.
    kuzhandhaiyin sirippil iRaivanai kANgiREn

Why Ilaiyaraaja is GOD

On the hand, at yuvan side, he is consistently losing 'star partners'. Onra Iranda?. If you look at actors, he has lost Surya (yes, yuvan failed to deliver good in Perazhagan and recent VEL), Vishal (Only some v.good songs in SK, Thamirabarani, Thimiru is total waste for yuvan's career). If you look at directors, he has lost KSR (no hit from this combo), Hari, and Lingusamy.
    i don understand this statement....both perazhagan and vel were hits....in fact perazhagan was a biger hit..all the songs got popular....esp among kids..
    vel though we didn like it, became popular..there is no reason surya shd split with yuvan...
    hey saala....

Closed Thread