Closed Thread
Page 60 of 143 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja's New Albums : 2007-08 : 2

Somehow i feel, Yuvan should form new team, or regardless of team/combo, he should able to deliver hit music. I heard, dir Charan is going to make entirely new team for his next film and he already revealed his wish to join hand with yuvan. So my guess is, a new combo is on the way.

What is the biggest sad thing more than Yuvan + Selva split? I think it is his hardwork went unnoticed. Even his delightful Vaazhthugal did not receive well by people.
    Naan Kadavul - Naan Isai - Raaja

Regarding ARR.

It is pity to say Gentleman gave big life to ARR. He stormed TN even in Roja. It was correct time for ARR to enter, experiment music (ofcourse IR pannatha experimentsa), introduce new kind of sound in India. On the other hand there was no such sitation for Yuvan despite he has skills like ARR.
    Naan Kadavul - Naan Isai - Raaja

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Anyway I am not much against Selva since I don't know what happened exactly,
    Yes. My previous post was just a guess. I don't have much against Selva. Hope both of them put an end to these things ops:
    I completely agree with you on U1 losing the stars as well as directors. He should do something on that.
    irunthaalum iRanthaalum paer solla vendum
    ivar pola yaar endru oor solla vendum

Salutes to our brave heroes who saved our lives

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    It's very different with YSR. His initial few movies were nothing to write about. He definitely didn't prove himself big before teaming up with Selvaraghavan.
    hmm.. I thought 'Poovellam kettupaar' was received well. That came before TI or after TI :confused2: If I am not wrong, Dheena took him to a new level though it came after TI. Yuvan excels at times with new directors as well. So, it is time for Selva to prove that he excels even without yuvan.
    Yuvan first film was Aravindhan which has some good numbers (I love Kadhal Kadhal Enrae Pookkal Pookum song). Some IR hardcore fans like me have bought original cassette of this album. But the real break for Yuvan is "Poovellam Kettup Par" which came much before than TI. and PKP gave many fans regardless of IR's name for him. Till date, "Irava Pakala", "Sudidhar" and "Senyoritta" are hot favourities of not only yuvan fans. His second film, "Velai" has atleast one very good gana song sung by Nasser. Many of us have forgotten Sarathkumar's "Rishi" which has really very very good numbers. And Karthik's Unakka ellam unakka (Remember "Vennila Veliyae Varuvala" and Cleopatra) too has v.good songs. These all films came before TI.

Even after TI before Dheena, Manathai thirudi vittai was super hit musical album from Yuvan. Writer Sujatha had selected "Manja kattu maina" as years best catchy song.

Yes. My previous post was just a guess. I don't have much against Selva. Hope both of them put an end to these things ops:
    I completely agree with you on U1 losing the stars as well as directors. He should do something on that.
    Ippo "kalangarai vilakkam" Ajith than pola irukku :?:

Why yuvan should not use his songs composed for AO in Aagen?

Sanjeevi,

I agree with you on Poovellam Kettupaar. But Yuvan/SR combo songs stands well above the rest.
    Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings -- they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Most of the songs in Selvaraghavan films are situational. Not sure whether the tunes will fit into generic songs.
    Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings -- they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

O.K here is the list of films he did after 2000,

Star (2001)
    Parthale Paravasam (2001)
    Alli Arjuna (2001)
    Kannathil Muthamittal (2002)
    Baba (2002)
    Kadhal Virus (2002)
    Udhaya (2003)
    Parasuram (2003)
    Boys (2003)
    Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)
    Kangalal Kaithu Sei (2003)
    Aayitha Ezhuthu (2004)
    New (2004)
    Anbe Aaruyire (2005)
    Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (2006)
    Varalaru - The History of the Godfather (2006)
    Sivaji: The Boss (2007)
    Azhagiya Thamizh Magan (2007)

just compare this with pre 2000 film list you will surely see the decline in the standard he set through huge hits like kadhalan, bombay etc.

during mid and late 90's , he made quite a sensation in TFM, all most all his movies during that period was big hits and people ( not his fans alone) used to look forward for his next release.but after 2000 that has declined and his movies are not creating such sensation or rage now, they are treated just like another movie unless otherwise he does movies with Shankar or Rajni.

and i never contributed his success to media or anything else.but i said the reach of his music to masses was enhanced by the channels.and i never said YSR or HJ has got the no1 position from him.and i never gonna say that these guys can do such magics in the market as he did.

Appadi ellam illai. Yuvan still has Saroja and few other films. Vishnu's next film will have yuvan. He still has few directors with him. Selva was the best among everyone. Among the STARS, fortunately we have got u1 in Aegan. Not sure whether the gautham film will have u1 or HJ again. U1 in GM film looks quite impossible.

apart from ajith, I don't think he has anyone with him. Forget Vikram since he prefers HJ a lot. Surya has gone to HJ again for K V Anand film.
    Vijay never came to u1 after pudiya geethai. Kamal doesn't seem to come to u1. Rajini - no chance. He had gone to GVP for kuselan.

If we have a look at STAR projects, others dominate more than u1. Yuvan delivers good music with relatively new guys like venkat prabu. But that goes unnoticed at times and the REACH + SUCCESS gets reduced. He needs atleast someone like late jeeva to give romantic films.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Sanjeevi,

I agree with you on Poovellam Kettupaar. But Yuvan/SR combo songs stands well above the rest.
    Personally, I rate DHEENA songs on par with Selvaragavan film songs. Yes.. If we compare the relevant teams, SR-U1 stands well above the rest

Closed Thread