Closed Thread
Page 59 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja's New Albums : 2007-08 : 2

Quote Originally Posted by nanchil_guy
    ARR enterd the TFM while chatelite chanels boom started.so the reach was much bigger.i guess rajasaranam was talking about this only.not like previous generations you dont need to go cinemas, tea stall or to friends house who has tape recorder to l;isten to new songs.it is coming after you ( sometimes haunting you with repeated telecast of same song).
    ok, now confirm if IR's splits gave ARR's success or is it bcos of chattelite channels??? make up ur mind on one excuse for ARR's success story...and even if its chattelite channels - then y didnt others capitalise, did govt put any special offer for ARR only???

Now you guys of ARR fans are at same juncture, of not realizing that ARR has gone , he was able to give only 3 or 4 commercial hits in last 5 or 6 years after the movie Thenali in TFM , that is out of 20 odd movies.
    Sivaji YSR-a music pottaru?? Varalaaru?? New?? how do u even expect that we will accept such sweeping lies???

and i dont see any threat to YSR's top position.Whenever yuvan's movie fail at BO or if he face some issues like this , i see a lot people coming to his forumn and predicting his downfall. it never happened,, and i hope the trend will continue.
    as TV said, ARR fans are very happy - even in BO - last 4 movies out of 5 are major successes, quality wise he is getting better every..and thats abt it - we dont care how others are doing or not.......i came here bcos RS and ppl like u wanted to attribute ARR's success to IR's mismanagemt which is totally false.....u guys stop talking/feeling insecure abt ARR - u wont see us here

Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    Hi Selva, Mark my words.

When the album comes out at least 8 out of 10 ppl would say that Selva couldnt get the best from GVP as he did with Yuvan.

After analysing, IMO this is not at all the loss to Yuvan. Coz he is anyway gonna the same tunes to some other movies. whereas its a big loss to Selva for sure. He'll realise it soon. We miss the combo thats the only sorrow i have.
    Vidhya,
    I am not sure whether Selva will regret / come to yuvan even if GVP fails. If the problem b/w them is only due to issues like salary, professionalism etc then there are more changes for them to settle their differences. But if it is due to some other reasons, then I am not sure whether we will be able to see the combo back. As you said, loss will be for the fans of that combo. Let us hope they settle their differences soon.
    I still feel that selva won't fail with GVP. At any day, he will be able to extract good songs from him. It will be better than GVP's earlier works for sure. Just my opinion
    irunthaalum iRanthaalum paer solla vendum
    ivar pola yaar endru oor solla vendum

Salutes to our brave heroes who saved our lives

Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    You have misunderstood me here, I was not talking about tunes, I said "orchestration", musical portion of a song. I can just ignore the vocal part and enjoy the song. Trust me, if you go into deeper and deeper of IR's songs, you will know more of his true potential. But this will require lot of your time and practice to get into that level.
    hmm.. I almost got what you said in your previous post. What I was referring to was... Everyone or atlest 90% of the people in this world won't be willing to invest their time and effort to master the intricacies of songs . For them lyrics and music forms a song. There are people who just love to hear just the 'music'. But majority of the people in TFM won't be doing that. I am sure on this. So, for people like me who just listen the songs as a package will be giving equal importance to lyrics and music atleast for tamil songs. For us, the greatness will be judged only through songs. Hence, we might not become hardcore fans of anyone. If it is the case, as per your logic, whole world would have been filled with HC IR fans. That is not the case. Am I clear ?

I don't get this at all. Roja was a rage in 1992 within two weeks of its release. The arrival of a "new wave" was unmistakable. And, it's commonplace for the media to strictly pay their obeisance to seniors and stalwarts, and place them on a higher pedestal. (Pick your example, the next superstar, the next Kamalahasan and so on. It is quite alright, I'm not complaining!) Raaja simply ruled the TFM for more than a decade. Nobody would have dared to go out of their way to "support" a new music director.
    And, surely, it wasn't certain combinations that worked for Rahman! Even his associations with directors like Kadhir and KS Ravi (whose only passport to success was his association with Rahman) have been nothing short of superb.

Anyway, Yuvan-Selva-Na. Muthukumar is one of the best combos we've seen in the past few years. Let's see what GV Prakash has in store this year.

Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    It's very different with YSR. His initial few movies were nothing to write about. He definitely didn't prove himself big before teaming up with Selvaraghavan.
    hmm.. I thought 'Poovellam kettupaar' was received well. That came before TI or after TI :confused2: If I am not wrong, Dheena took him to a new level though it came after TI. Yuvan excels at times with new directors as well. So, it is time for Selva to prove that he excels even without yuvan.

[quote="vasanth2006"]
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaalltheway

Its a confirmed news. Don't know if Its salary issue. Something has hapnd. They both have bashed up each other with 3rd rated words. I heard it in mirchi today. Couldnt believe.
    Boss, i am awaiting for your clarification on the bold one....What happened??...What u heared??...
    vasanth, I heard it in mirchi. Two RJ in michi were spkin abt this. They told that, when the fight betw them got worse, selva and yuvan scolded each other with very bad words.

I dont think salary is the issue, there s something else. hope u1 and selva give an open interview and shed light on this.
    :musicsmile: Experiencing the Naan Kadavul songs. Version 2.0

Raaja Brahmasmi Om Om :bow:

Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    ARR's first movie Yodha was a Flop Both music and movie oke: (Annakili Was a super hit)
    ARR's first non-film album 'Set me free' was a flop :P (How to name it Was a super hit)
    ARR's first non-film religious album 'Dheen Isai Maalai' was a flop :P (Geethanjali and ramanamaalai were super hits)
    fantastic info. thanks.
    :musicsmile: Experiencing the Naan Kadavul songs. Version 2.0

Raaja Brahmasmi Om Om :bow:

vasanth, I heard it in mirchi. Two RJ in michi were spkin abt this. They told that, when the fight betw them got worse, selva and yuvan scolded each other with very bad words.

I dont think salary is the issue, there s something else. hope u1 and selva give an open interview and shed light on this.
    Thanks for the info. I was about to ask this.
    This is what I feel

Selva is one of the worst directors along with bala when it comes to planning and execution. They neither plan nor execute them well for the producer. Selva was very meticulous while making TI and KK. (His home production). KR said that Selva scrapped all those he (KR) shot for TI as a director and re-shot the entire thing himself.

A M Rathnam complained about Selva spending too much for a film like 7GRC. (Came as a rumour at that time). A film like 7GRC didn't need that. AMR had some financial problems and Selva paid around 25 Lakhs to bring the film out of the labs.

For Pudupettai, what I heard was : he shot many scenes again and again and wasted lot of film rolls. These are all examples of poor planning and budget. These directors generally adjust these things by paying their team less amount since producer might question them. Yuvan might have remained well with Selva by working late at nights and working just similar to Selva.

For AO, there were news on the producer complaining about Selva for the budget and delays. This might have pushed Selva to take a U - turn and show everything on his team. He 'might' have had some diff of opinion with U1 and consequently scrapped the songs u1 scored already for the film. He might have brought in VM. all these things might have irritated u1 or some other issues which we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    ARR's first movie Yodha was a Flop Both music and movie oke: (Annakili Was a super hit)
    ARR's first non-film album 'Set me free' was a flop :P (How to name it Was a super hit)
    ARR's first non-film religious album 'Dheen Isai Maalai' was a flop :P (Geethanjali and ramanamaalai were super hits)
    fantastic info. thanks.
    Idhukku thanks veraiya :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings -- they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

I guess it started from Pudhupettai. Yuvan might have disappointed with his outstanding number Oru Naalil's unpicturisation. It is nature to disappoint when his best work and that too hard work went unnoticed. Also something would have been happened between U1 and SR at AO film music composition. Moreover they have "Vellai Yaanai" matter too to make thick lines between them. First Aravindh Krishna, then Sujaya (left both from WE and U1) and now Yuvan. Where is the first announced film under this banner, I mean "Idhu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam". It was not first time for Selva to withdraw his project, the first one was "Oru Naal Oru Kanavu" with Dhanush. Anyway I am not much against Selva since I don't know what happened exactly, but I hope he will come back to join hand with Yuvan.

On the hand, at yuvan side, he is consistently losing 'star partners'. Onra Iranda?. If you look at actors, he has lost Surya (yes, yuvan failed to deliver good in Perazhagan and recent VEL), Vishal (Only some v.good songs in SK, Thamirabarani, Thimiru is total waste for yuvan's career). If you look at directors, he has lost KSR (no hit from this combo), Hari, and Lingusamy.

It is certainly bad time for yuvan, but only his skill, ability and talent will help him to overwhelm.

It is the time to yuvan to concentrate more to deliver hit music than quality music? but I hope yuvan can manage both mass music and quality music at the same time like his father.
    Naan Kadavul - Naan Isai - Raaja

Closed Thread