Closed Thread
Page 61 of 143 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja's New Albums : 2007-08 : 2

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Sanjeevi,

I agree with you on Poovellam Kettupaar. But Yuvan/SR combo songs stands well above the rest.
    Personally, I rate DHEENA songs on par with Selvaragavan film songs. Yes.. If we compare the relevant teams, SR-U1 stands well above the rest
    I think Yuvan+Ameer combo not far behind SR+U1 combo. Many yuvan fans rate RAM as his best album so far (source : orkut).

Quote Originally Posted by nanchil_guy
    just compare this with pre 2000 film list you will surely see the decline in the standard he set through huge hits like kadhalan, bombay etc.
    unfortunately when u talk abt ARR u cant keep out his Bollywood songs - and he has given his best in this period here......Swades, JodhaAkbar, Zubeedia, Rang de basanti, Guru, Tehzeeb, Meenaxi - man thats quite a list.......i didnt see any dip in standards......but we are not talking abt his +ves/-ves here - we are talking y ppl. are mercilessly saying its IR's faults which gave him life - i mean, its so ridiculuous that even after 16 yrs of successful career and his good wishes to U1, his support to IR's TIS - IR fans still seem to love to bad mouth him - with some loose statements........

we or certainly, i do wish U1 success and i was the first person in HUB who lamented that he doesent have a dedicated fan base - all his fans were IR fans - his base was a small subset of IR fans - but now its changing and i'm happy for it......but it makes no sense to keep talking crap abt ARR everywhere......

also, how to name it was a super hit-a??? Shocked indha vishayam IRkku theriyuma Laughing .....then y did he just reused them in veedu movie?? geethanjali, ramanamaalai Rolling Eyes ...........vitta neenga TIS-ae super hitnnu solluveenga

maddy
    don argue here jus for the sake of arguing..;how to name it' and 'nothing but wind' was a rage those days and became hit instantaneoulsy......he reused it in veedu cos balumahendra wanted it and requested that...
    hey saala....

Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    also, how to name it was a super hit-a??? Shocked indha vishayam IRkku theriyuma Laughing .....then y did he just reused them in veedu movie?? geethanjali, ramanamaalai Rolling Eyes ...........vitta neenga TIS-ae super hitnnu solluveenga

maddy
    don argue here jus for the sake of arguing..;how to name it' and 'nothing but wind' was a rage those days and became hit instantaneoulsy......he reused it in veedu cos balumahendra wanted it and requested that...
    then how abt RS telling IR's mistakes gave ARR a life - now u guys must understand - not only u guys get irritated with false sweeping statements :x

Thats why whenever i talk about ARR , i mention TFM in the same line.coz he is not the same force he used to be in the TFM anymore.

i am not from the school, where people believe that by belitling others, you can elevate your favourite musician.i never did that.

what i am trying to say is that no one has snatched anything from anyone.it is just a trnsistion like MSV to IR, IR to ARR and now in TFM there is a tough race goin on between YSR and HJ to become the next one in that list.and i like to see YSR there. (i am one among them who believes that YSR already joined that list).

i acknowledge that MAADY did nice things like his support for TIS and starting a thread for Yuvan etc.and i hope the same friendliness prevail in the future too.

what i am trying to say is that no one has snatched anything from anyone.it is just a trnsistion like MSV to IR, IR to ARR and now in TFM there is a tough race goin on between YSR and HJ to become the next one in that list.and i like to see YSR there. (i am one among them who believes that YSR already joined that list).

i acknowledge that MAADY did nice things like his support for TIS and starting a thread for Yuvan etc.and i hope the same friendliness prevail in the future too.
    exactly!!!! these arguements will never end ....we all know how long this fight is going in this hub....lets jus talk about yuvan here pls....
    hey saala....

Nanchil guy,

Even when you say ARR is not the same force as he was before 2000, you can't disagree that his albums are doing record sales.

The competition between YSR and HJ is who is next to ARR, not who is next ARR.
    Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings -- they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    I don't get this at all. Roja was a rage in 1992 within two weeks of its release. The arrival of a "new wave" was unmistakable. And, it's commonplace for the media to strictly pay their obeisance to seniors and stalwarts, and place them on a higher pedestal. (Pick your example, the next superstar, the next Kamalahasan and so on. It is quite alright, I'm not complaining!) Raaja simply ruled the TFM for more than a decade. Nobody would have dared to go out of their way to "support" a new music director.
    And, surely, it wasn't certain combinations that worked for Rahman! Even his associations with directors like Kadhir have been nothing short of superb.

Anyway, Yuvan-Selva-Na. Muthukumar is one of the best combos we've seen in the past few years
    . Let's see what GV Prakash has in store this year.
    Missed this post. :exactly:
    kuzhandhaiyin sirippil iRaivanai kANgiREn

Why Ilaiyaraaja is GOD

Hmmm...poovellAm kEttuppAr was an awesome album ( I even liked the film when I saw on DVD sometime back), no doubt!

So YSR had success before Selvaraghavan made into filmdom... interesting! OK, if he can come up with winners like that, then it does not matter who he partners with - as long as they come out with a moderately successful product:-)

Are we talking that ARR is being replaced by someone who did a wonderful remix of some unknown land's music and gave to us in the name of an album 'Kaadhal Kondaen'. Please guys.. wake up. I am not saying that Yuvan is not talented. But he has been over-rated heavily (Thanks to Machakaran, Vel, Aaru, Thimiru and Thamirabarani) and when we pounce upon HJ for "inspirations".. we have been so kind when it comes to the terms of youngest Raja clan. Dude.. I cant even accept Yuvan as hier of IR. Karthikraja is the hier of IR - I am sure KR is having tough time but he will emerge well over period of time. SOS - Please dont compare Yuvan with ARR.

Except the 'Kaadhal Kondaen' black mark, I agree that Selva-YSR combo worked really well and we celebrated the combo (well deservedly). Also, in my opinion, I rate GVP several notches below YSR. Do you think GVP could have delivered the quality of YSR had it been 'Pudhupettai'.. Pudhupettai would not be what it is without YSR.

I wish YSR disassociates himself with Hari for the sake of YSR fans.

Closed Thread