+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: P Leela

Kanchana (@ ww-t*) on: Tue Sep 16 09:12:19 EDT 1997

Dear NOV:
    I feel we all are related by a very strong common bond.....the music we grew up with! What sez you?

Ramki {Thambi :-)) }
    Didn't PLeela sing and in Mandhirikumari?
    (Also, I'll repeat a message I left for you in another thread here just in case...I deleted your e-mail by accident and currently do not have your e-mail address. Did you get my message?)

Kanchana (@ ww-t*) on: Tue Sep 16 09:15:06 EDT 1997

Ramki:
    The Mandhirikumari songs I'm talking about are: "vaaraai nee vaaraai" and "ulavum thendral kaatrinilae" (didn't appear in the above message).

Ramki (@ cs51*) on: Tue Sep 16 16:03:46 EDT 1997

Kanchana sorry for this belated reply but since i was held up with all those school things couldnt writ to u earlier.I got all ur messages.

Now coming to Mandhiri Kumari songs it was sung
    by our Jikki.Thanks for reminding me(I shouldnt have missed them)

since u have deleted my emailID i will give it u again

ramki.rangarajan@wmich.edu

since i dont have mailing facitilites in this dept i couldnt write to u personally.Sorry abt that

Kanchana (@ ww-t*) on: Thu Sep 18 09:44:08 EDT 1997

A song by PLeela and Jikki:
    singaara thoapinil chella kiLi poagayil from Meenda Swargam (This movie has some of my favorites--kalayae en vaazhkaiyin dhisai maatrinaai with AMR/PS and aadum aruL jyothi with Seerkazhi & MLV)

Murali Mohan (@ ) on: Thu Jan 25 04:31:48 EST 2001

Maybe we should list songs of P.Leela and Jikki Krishnaveni( yes , that is her full name) in other languages too , especially Telugu as they have avery impressive repertoire there.
    Some of my Jikki favourites from Telugu films :
    ANandamaye ( Chenchulakshmi-duet with Ghantasala)
    Kaanagarava (Chenchulakshmi-duet with Ghantasala)
    Rajashekhara(Salim Anarkali-duet with Ghantasala)

Janaki (@ 65.8*) on: Sun Jun 10 12:04:40 EDT 2001

can any of you tell me where i can find the Song sung by Smt.P.Leela in the film "luva Kucha" which starts with "Jagam Pugazhum Punya Kathai...". It is a very beautiful song which i like very much.
    Thanks

A.A. (@ hse-*) on: Sat Jul 21 01:47:56 EDT 2001

Kodi Kodi Inbam (Aada Vandha Thivam), Kanney Kamalappoo (?), Then Suvai Mevum (Dr. Savitri) and Veesum Thendraliley (Prema Pasam) are some of the best by P.Leela.
    Pesum Yazhey Penn Maaney (Naam-solo and duet with A.M.Rajah), Kalyaana Oorvalam Varum & Aaha Naanindrey Arinthu Konden(Avan), Minnalai Poley (Kaithi)& Iruliley Iraviley (Kumari with A.M.Rajah) are few masterpieces by Jikki.

Ramki (@ 161.*) on: Wed Jun 5 14:33:27 EDT 2002

sivaji s.r. (@ 61.1*) on: Fri Nov 7 07:00:48 EST 2003

i want to know the picture of the following song. this song is sung by SPB AND JIKKI(i think so) and the music director is sankar ganesh.

please tell me what is the picture. the song is
    "NAAN UNNA NINAICHAN. NEE ENNAI NINAICHAY. KANNALAY NENJU RENDACHU(Heart becomes double).

c.ramesh (@ 61.1*) on: Fri Nov 7 07:02:40 EST 2003

i want to know the picture of the following song. this song is sung by SPB AND JIKKI(i think so) and the music director is sankar ganesh.

please tell me what is the picture. the song is
    "NAAN UNNA NINAICHAN. NEE ENNAI NINAICHAY. KANNALAY NENJU RENDACHU(Heart becomes double).

+ Reply to Thread