+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: LR eswari

G.Ragavan (@ 164.*) on: Mon Apr 30 01:03:01 EDT 2001

Is there any link for that song?

eden (@ 61.1*) on: Mon Apr 30 06:07:02 EDT 2001

G Raghavan, your statement At one stage VJ was the only female singer in some movies. Even IR didn't escape of VJ wave. At 70s and earl 80 he too used VJ very well. The same case with SG and Chandrabose also. But all in a sudden VJ didn't get chance with IR. Then Janaki was used for most of the songs. I am really clueless why it was so. is not in accordance with the facts, IMHO!

IR started off in late 70's with SJ & PS as his main singers and VJ was never a main singer for him. The only early films in which she sang was those of Sridhar (Ilamai... & AzhagE...)

Even in 80's & 90's, VJ figured ONLY OCCASIONALLY in IR's albums! (VaidhEhi...is one such film)

If you want statistical proof, I can give:-)) SJ had been the top singer for IR, right from the beginning till mid 90's...when IR's total output itself has started coming down!

LRE is one singer whom I have very low regard. This is not just because she sang nothing for IR, which is ofcourse one reason. But there had been many other old singers whom I regard highly. Even LRE too sang some good numbers for earlier MDs, but my opinion is due to a reason not coming under the purview of this DF:-(

G.Ragavan (@ 164.*) on: Mon Apr 30 08:21:18 EDT 2001

Eden : Once again read my statement. It was,
    At 70s and earl 80 he too used VJ very well.
    I didn't write as "At 70s and earl 80 he too used VJ very much.

And for your kind information, IR used VJ more in Telugu.

Eventhough SJ was the crown singer for IR, VJ was also singing good numbers in IR. SG and Chandrabose were well using. Your statistics can't deny VJ popularity at 70s and early 80s.

eden (@ 61.1*) on: Mon Apr 30 08:34:30 EDT 2001

GR, my intention is not to deny the popularity of VJ:-) It's just to correct your statement which sounded something like `IR had been using VJ very well but suddenly went to SJ, I don't know why'...again my statistics are related to IR's songs alone and not related to those of VJ with others....

About IR using VJ more in Telugu, come on, we are in TFM-DF and not in a Telugu forum:-)))

Trend (@ 216.*) on: Mon Apr 30 16:25:08 EDT 2001

eden,

"This is not just because she sang nothing for IR, which is ofcourse one reason"

That is some train of thought.
    Hariharan luckily sang "ennai thalaata varuvaalo" and few other songs.I can't imagine the regard you would have for him if he hadn't sang those songs.

G.Ragavan (@ 164.*) on: Tue May 1 00:59:45 EDT 2001

Eden : That is fine. :-) but the following statement is not fine.

LRE is one singer whom I have very low regard. This is not just because she sang nothing for IR, which is ofcourse one reason. But there had
    been many other old singers whom I regard highly. Even LRE too sang some good numbers for earlier MDs, but my opinion is due to a reason
    not coming under the purview of this DF:-(

LRE proved herself long back. Whenever there is a Thamiz marriage, Surely they'll not miss the song "Vaarayen Thozi Vaarayo". As long as Amman is worshiped, her voice will be in air. This is not something easy. I really don't expect this from you. When we listen music, we should enjoy the music. Their personal matters should not resist us from listening their songs.

I like IR's music very much. I have very great collection of IR. I am proud of him. But as a person, I don't have nice opinion on him. But that never stopped me listening IR's songs and praising him.

sabesan (@ 64.1*) on: Tue May 1 01:45:35 EDT 2001

probably Eden had seen LRE singing LIVE somewhere :-)..... just kidding.....

some like LRE's mannerism on stage, and some totally do not like that..... Eden, edhil neengal endha vagaai :-)....

Pozhudhu pogadhavan (@ 12.9*) on: Tue May 1 13:55:40 EDT 200

Similarly S.Janaki refused to sing for S.A.Rajkumar, he himself worried about in his interview at one time. But I don't know whether she accepted any other offer from him after that. Did anybody have idea about SAR-SJ combo?

Wondering (@ 136.*) on: Tue May 1 16:00:27 EDT 2001

Hariharan singing Ennai Thalatta Varuvala brought my regard for IR down, not the other way round.

shanmugam (@ 63.1*) on: Tue May 1 19:55:23 EDT 2001

Pozhudhu pogadhavan,

"chekka chekka sevandha ponnu" ('vallarasu') was sung by SJ (MD : SAR)

+ Reply to Thread