+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Raga of songs

In fact, even "Aaraarum Kaanaathe" sounds inspired from another Suddha Saveri number, "Aalila Thaaliyumaai" in Mizhirandilum.

"Kaalai Arumbi" adopts some of the same tunes as "Aaraarum Kaanaathe," but the Sudhasaveri raagam is much more evident in the latter song. The raagam is diluted with the usage of a lot of anya swaras in the former song (if anyone has heard the title song from the Malayalam "Kizhakkunarum Pakshi," I'm sure you'll understand what I'm talking about).

Coocrave/Srini,
    As discussed earlier in this thread I feel Kumari is a mix of Arabhi,Sudha Saveri and Sama ..variatons/gamakas of SS and Sama are well treated as they follow the same basic notes..

Nitya,
    I feel Similarities of Aaraum and Aalila are compouned becoz of the way Jayachandran sings the songs apart from the raga..

Last week in a TV programme I heard SPB saying that "Nila Kagirathu" from Indira is based on Maand..never thought about it..After the pallavi in probably Maand I can clearly hear Kedar/Hamir Kalyani when the notes are sung SM1G3PPM2M1G3..any thoughts?

Yeah, that too, Pradeep. I really wonder if Chandrotsavam's director urged VS to compose a song similar to "Aalila Thaaliyumaai"...???

Anyway, "Aaraarum Kaanaathe" remains one of the better compositions of Vidhyasagar IMO.

Pradeep: In the same programme, SPB announced "Deviyar Iruvar" from "Kalai Koyil" as Madhyamavati while in the AIR
    Vividh Bharati program (at 8 AM every day, noted violinist VL Kumar and Gopinath discuss ragas and film songs), it was announced as Shree. May be teh experts can clarify.
    RRA

RRA: I agree with your confusion. Earlier in this thread I pointed out the similarities between raagas including this pair MMvathi-Sree.
    I found many such "clashes" between other sources and "Ranjani Sreeranjani" program hosted by VL Kumar & MR Gopinath (vividh bharathi)

pls give the film names of these jeya chandran songs.

1.engengum aval mugam
    2.paavai malar mottu..paruvamo eerettu.
    3.kalaiyo..silayo..pon maan nilaiyo..
    3.naalu vagai poovil malarkotai..athil raani aagiraal.
    4.oru kaadhal saamrajyam kannil varainthaal.
    5.velli nilaavinile tamil veenai vanthau.
    6.oothak kaathu veesayile...
    7.maasi maatham muguurtha neram medai mangalam.
    8.sindhu nathiyoram...thenral vilaiyaadum.
    9.vaa vaa aadi vaa..unnai azhaiththen vaa..

-THABO

thabo, I believe you are posting the wrong query in the wrong thread. Anyway, I can tell you pretty authoritatively that #3 in your list is from "Pagalil Oru Iravu", and #6 from "Graamathu Athiyayam." Both films have Ilayaraja as MD.

Gurus, I just got hold of Thiruvasagam in Symphony CD. Wud love to discuss the raaga of the tracks soon.

Cheers - Srini

+ Reply to Thread