+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Raga of songs

Srini M and Indrajith, I truly feel encouraged. However, at the moment, I cannot share my compositions with anyone online. Also, you must know that I'm yet to learn how to orchestrate songs, and furthermore, I need to become familiar with so many different instruments. Of the aggregate musical instruments, I can only identify a handful. Sorry, but that's just the reality of things.

Regards,
    Nitya

Sorry for the double-posting.

I'd like to add that what I said is just a temporary situation. God willing, eventually I'll be able to share music with you guys.

Nithyaji, "alai yeppo oyardhu
    samudhrs snaanam yeppo panradhu?"
    "shubasya seekiram" - Let me also translate this for u. When can the waves die and when can you have the sea bath. Let the good happen soon.

// Also, you must know that I'm yet to learn how to orchestrate songs, and furthermore, I need to become familiar with so many different instruments. Of the aggregate musical instruments, I can only identify a handful//

Nitya, I think those things though important are secondary . IMHO basic melody is the mudhugelumbu. Orchestration and choice of instruments at different places can and probably will come automatically.

Well, I just really feel that analog music is really a detrimental thing, and I don't want to encourage it in any way, shape, or form. Software, as far as I am concerned, should only be used for the sound quality, and not for orchestration!

//Orchestration and choice of instruments at different places can and probably will come automatically.//

When I said automatically i definitely didn't have computer in mind. What I meant was things will fall in their place naturally.

Have any of you watched Anniyan..The bgms initialy, are very much classical oriented. I could hear ragas of the same shades. Suddha Saveri, Arabhi and Saama to name a few. Three out Thyagaraja pancharatna kritis were bit number in the movie the best being saadinchane( in the train) and jagadanandakaraka (during the aradhana). WHat are your view concerning the ragas involved. The song Kumari is very much based on saama. Comments ??/
    As fire Burns, water ripples,air stirs,earth trembles, and space immobilized....
    M.U.S.I.C......Has been the only refuge for the Human soul to be Pampered.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcrave
    The song Kumari is very much based on saama. Comments ??/
    I wud say its Aarabhi.
    We are what we do repeatedly.Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

I was recently listening to a Malayalam song 'Aararo' from Chandrolsavam. You'll notice 'Kalai Arumbi' frm kana Kandein is a rehash of the malayalam number.

Both songs r set in Sudha Saveri.

your thoughts?

Srini_m,
    The song Aararum from chandrotsavam is indeed in suddha saveri. You are right kaalai Arumbi is the definate reharsh of the latter..but it adopts some anya swara like suddha Rishabham which ignites vidaapi raga....Aro : S R1 M1 P D2 S and S D2 P M1 R1 S.
    As fire Burns, water ripples,air stirs,earth trembles, and space immobilized....
    M.U.S.I.C......Has been the only refuge for the Human soul to be Pampered.

+ Reply to Thread